01-19-14 08:58 PM
3,598 ... 99100101102103 ...
tools
    just installed it on my z10 ..backup restored completely. lovely it at the start .. fone is too hot ...burning my pocket . thanks elite team you people rock (y)
    08-05-13 06:29 AM
    I just noticed that toast notification of bbm doesn't mark the item "read" even though I have replied within the notification

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:31 AM
    One observation and one (perhaps dumb, sorry) question.

In some ways, the built-in weather app, which uses AccuWeather, is nicer than the BB World AccuWeather app, but the built-in app will only load three cities max.

What are these "Cascades" in settings everyone is mentioning? The settings look about the same to me as those in 10.1, except there are more of them.
    The weather app will load more than 3, well at least I did, you are able to scroll through if you have more than 3....

As far as the settings, it was originally in adobe air... which was leggy and to me not as visually crisp as the rest of the O/S... now it's in Cascades like the entire O/S... i hope I explained that right

Swiped from the Ever So Awesome White Berry Z10 10.2 on CB10
    08-05-13 06:40 AM
    My only issue honestly is with my Toasts for BBM.. still now working even after a fresh install... but it's honestly no biggy... i can wait till the official... Hmmmmmm oh and my WiFi shuts off when I restart which again I can live with it b/c I rarely ever restart.... other than that I am Loving!!!! this leak... it was my first ever leak... in ally years going back to my old legacy devices I barely even upgraded those O/Ss with official updates much less installing a leak.... being a certified Nerd I'm ashamed seeing how this leak process was so easy thanks to the ELITE TEAM!!!!

So again thank you all (ET) for everything and thanks to everyone else for installing the leak and being the unofficial testers of the ET... you guys help me finally make the choice to dice into my first ever leak

08-05-13 06:48 AM
    Anyone having issues doing a full restore? It completes the restore but then I get an error message saying that the restore wasn't completed because either the BBID is different or the backup file is corrupted. It happens with numerous backup files.

I'm using BB Link to restore.
    08-05-13 07:00 AM
    Hi there,

I've loaded 10.2 to my Q10, however, restoring my 10.1 backup did not succeed. Now, my text messaging is not working. I have tried factory reset and it is still not working. May i know if there is a solution to this? Thanks.
    08-05-13 07:06 AM
    do I need my debug token from 10.1 on this build? and if I don't need a debug token whts the best way to convert android apps?
    08-05-13 07:11 AM
    But it works. At least for me.
    With the legacy BB OS it wasn't an issue to pull the battery, in fact it was a fix for a lot of issues; with QNX pulling the battery is like pulling the power cord on your desktop computer. You might not hurt anything 9 out of 10 times, but that 10th time the process that was writing to disk didn't finish and you just trashed your operating system, or worse. If you want to pull the battery, you should shut down your device with the power button first, your phone of course, good luck with it.
    08-05-13 07:14 AM
    I found this new feature in the quick preview of pictures
    BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000636.png

Sent Via My Z10
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000637.jpg  
    08-05-13 07:18 AM
    The OS seems very stable and works fine. However I'm finding quite a few apps showing "unavailable for this device". Anyone else finding the same? Is there a work around? Otherwise I may downgrade...

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    08-05-13 07:20 AM
    Hi there,

I've loaded 10.2 to my Q10, however, restoring my 10.1 backup did not succeed. Now, my text messaging is not working. I have tried factory reset and it is still not working. May i know if there is a solution to this? Thanks.
    I had no problems restoring the backup worked fine. However you might try restoring each component separately, ie settings then apps and media.

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    08-05-13 07:23 AM
    Hey, found this neat little feature - was probably there before but never stumbled across it.

In your browser, the back button, if you hold the button for a few seconds it shows a short history of pages ypu can select.

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    08-05-13 07:49 AM
    The weather app will load more than 3, well at least I did, you are able to scroll through if you have more than 3....

As far as the settings, it was originally in adobe air... which was leggy and to me not as visually crisp as the rest of the O/S... now it's in Cascades like the entire O/S... i hope I explained that right

Yes. In 10.1 the setting sometimes take 2-3 seconds to start up.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:51 AM
    I believe most of your questions have been asked and answered.
    Indeed. Thanks!
    That triggering of Battery Doc when launching side-loaded apps.. Looks like I simply wasn't patient enough to wait for OS to settle. Just now had the same case on my playbook, but after a relaunch it was normal again.
    Contacts doubling - can it be due to running both link-restore and Gmail-resync?
    08-05-13 08:05 AM
    Hey, found this neat little feature - was probably there before but never stumbled across it.

In your browser, the back button, if you hold the button for a few seconds it shows a short history of pages ypu can select.

Posted via CB10
    Nice!! I don't think this was a feature before. Good fine

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000050.png

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-5 w/ 10.2 OS
    08-05-13 08:07 AM
    Found a bug, the interactive. Notification switches itself off any ideas how to fix it maybe

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:13 AM
    He was being sarcastic but yeah you are absolutely right mopar.

Posted via CB10
    Oh... I didn't catch the sarcasm... it was mainly cause I read that and the fb question about 50 times since I out then up earlier... feels like groundhog day in here...

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo and toobs623 like this.
    08-05-13 08:14 AM
    I'm noticing large gaps in my twitter feed over the days.

Ive done a delete/reinstall and will monitor
    Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:15 AM
    Found a bug, the interactive. Notification switches itself off any ideas how to fix it maybe

Posted via CB10
    Known issue, mentioned a number of times throughout the thread. No fix.
    08-05-13 08:17 AM
    My only issue honestly is with my Toasts for BBM.. still now working even after a fresh install... but it's honestly no biggy... i can wait till the official... Hmmmmmm oh and my WiFi shuts off when I restart which again I can live with it b/c I rarely ever restart.... other than that I am Loving!!!! this leak... it was my first ever leak... in ally years going back to my old legacy devices I barely even upgraded those O/Ss with official updates much less installing a leak.... being a certified Nerd I'm ashamed seeing how this leak process was so easy thanks to the ELITE TEAM!!!!

So again thank you all (ET) for everything and thanks to everyone else for installing the leak and being the unofficial testers of the ET... you guys help me finally make the choice to dice into my first ever leak

If your not using BBM with channels from beta zone, sign up and download it. Toast should work with that version.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-05-13 08:30 AM
    toast notifications for me works without bbm channels installed....

08-05-13 08:31 AM
    Thank you Elite for the leak and your good job!
    When a leak is released, I test it.
    I moved from 810 to 1047 and I've a strange bug: using ActiveSync, contact and calendar are well synchronized but not the mails (no mail)!!
    I create a Gmail account: no problem, mails appeared in the hub.
    I did SW and hard reset, no change.
    I moved back to 810: sync for mail, contacts and calendar are OK.
    Do you have an idea how to fix this trouble with 1047?

(Z10-STL 2-SFR/France)
    georojas likes this.
    08-05-13 08:39 AM
    Just got this installed with the autoloader and a BlackBerry Link backup, everything appears to be working fine. I like all the new message previews and it's great that the address bar on the browser goes away now. The first thing I've noticed that I don't like is that second little click they added to the word swipe. BlackBerry needs to get rid of that BS quick! Thanks Elite.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    I agree with that second click for the word swipe being annoying. A swoosh sound could be better. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:39 AM
    I dunno if anyone has noticed this, but in the camera app, you can now have the option to lock the auto focus my simply pressing and holding on the auto focus square for 1-2 seconds.

BerryLeaks Team Presents:10.2.0.1047 for ALL DEVICES-img_00000076.png

08-05-13 09:07 AM
    Well for me, battery pull falls in the same woodoo category. Not to mention installing leaks in airplane mode, whiping etc. Some processes were still in domain of black magic. If this procedure works for me, I would like to share it. You can disagree but you can politely say that this procedure could harm phone. For me ideal. Procedure is to plug phone, backup, run installer and restore backup. Everything else is out of normal. But we try to follow suggestions and advices from others who encountered some problems.

Z10 STL100-1 for personal and 9360 for business
    For those of us who have been studying the inner workings, I can say that some suggestions are based on fact, or at least solid theory.

Wiping : when you upgrade, the user partition us overwritten, but really only the parts that contain the file allocation table and what's needed for the core apps, your old apps and settings are still technically on the device memory but inaccessible (though in theory it shouldn't cause conflict still). Wiping will clear all of that just to be sure.

Airplane mode during restore : theory is it makes sure that there's no traffic inbound that could create conflicts. Example would be receiving an sms at the same time as trying to restore the sms database. Having long given up on backups and restores, I can't definitively say one way or another if this works, but it seems to for some.

Pulling battery while booting : bad idea. The first boot after an install especially. The phone counts successful boots and if a boot fails in the first # of boots from upgrade it could consider your upgrade to be a failure. Then guess what happens... it reverts to your old OS. it actually keeps a copy for a certain number if reboots just to make sure an upgrade goes good. But when it reverts the OS it can't do the same for your apps so they'd be out of sync with your OS and could cause issues.

Battery pull at any other time: still a bad idea, as pointed out, it's just like a desktop computer, 99% of the time it probably does no harm, but it's that 1% that'll cause you to lose some data.

I'll admit that the battery pull is a lot more complex than explained, and battery pull may not always trigger a rollback. I did do it once to experiment, and got a rollback, but I am not about to try again anytime soon to try figure out the details of how it works.

As for having serious troubles after an upgrade like being unable to open the hub I have only seen that if you try to side load just the 2 bar files. Despite it being a debrick OS image and containing all the apps in it, side loading does not upgrade the apps, they are ignored. They need to be loaded at the same time as the OS and Radio.

But on a positive note, it is almost impossible to hard brick these phones, so no matter what happens you can almost always recover just with an autoloader or using the OS recovery mode in Link.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:07 AM
3,598 ... 99100101102103 ...