Disclaimer: I know people are not a fan of bloatware, but I think they hate all the useless and never-ending questions even more.

I think the way you are setting up a BBM channel, creating a Wiki and even the faq you try to add to all your releases is awesome. You really show you are trying your best to make these releases available for everyone interested. For some reason however, people still seem to miss these options, or are too lazy to look for them (lack of search-in-topic for the app does not help).

So my suggestion is the following: when you package these leaks for release, just add in one extra feature. Add a shortcut icon (named "LeakHelp" or something), and make it a shortcut to a webpage with either the Wiki or the forum-faq. I know with the people you have working on these, adding one web-shortcut should not be difficult, right?
    Pros:
    Straight access to faq/help information from phone.
    Access through browser (if you link to the forum faq this makes the search-thread option available, make sure to add this to the faq!).
    Promotion for the help-material you put so much effort in.
    Might decrease the amount of people who ignore the help sections otherwise.
    Cons:
    People who don't use it might not like a useless shortcut (but it should be easy enough to remove).

Might not be a new idea to you at all, but I wanted to put it out there either way.
    08-08-13 05:30 PM
    Decent idea, but I think the potential help would be outweighed by concern that the team was adding items into the OS.
    Especially considering how many people wouldn't use it anyway, if they noticed it all first. I mean forget about Forums Search; how many people check the Help app for, er, help before just posting a question? (Answer: LOTS.)

Just continuing to diligently include links or instructions themselves at top of Post #1 in new threads is still best solution, imo.
    08-08-13 05:48 PM
    I dont think they can modify the OS like that unless they want to call it a hybrid. The straight leaks are different
    08-08-13 05:52 PM
    The other two mods are correct, we cannot modify BlackBerry OS10 code.

At best, and what we're looking into doing, is building a app, with the related information needed

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kris Simundson; 08-08-13 at 07:16 PM.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-08-13 06:30 PM
    App would be fantastic!

Posted with ma delicious Z10 or ma yummy Q10
    08-08-13 07:16 PM
    Kris, how about a sticky?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sticky in what sense?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:52 PM
    Sticky in what sense?

Posted via CB10
    lol...you make a whole site and they just want a sticky
    08-09-13 04:25 AM
    lol...you make a whole site and they just want a sticky
    I agree...

Besides, you'll still end up with 253,612 threads asking the same old questions or complaining about this and that anyway.

LOL

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-09-13 06:23 AM
    Sorry Kris, brain cramp...I was thinking about a "sticky" on the CB Home Page on "How to Use the Crackberry Site". You know, links to: search, install instructions for newbies...etc. Just thinking out loud again (I know, that's what gets me in trouble..."thinking"...lol)

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:33 AM
    I think Berryleaks is headed in the right direction. Distilling all the how-to's and faq posts to their page is the best idea. Good info on leaks was spread out all over the place and digging through the first fifty pages of a thread daunting for even diehard leak enthusiasts.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:54 AM
    Sorry Kris, brain cramp...I was thinking about a "sticky" on the CB Home Page on "How to Use the Crackberry Site". You know, links to: search, install instructions for newbies...etc. Just thinking out loud again (I know, that's what gets me in trouble..."thinking"...lol)
    Well, other than us being on this site, and me being a mod, BerryLeaks isn't in any way affiliated with CB, so we wouldn't post their stuff, and I'd expect they wouldn't post ours

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:06 AM
    The other two mods are correct, we cannot modify BlackBerry OS10 code.

At best, and what we're looking into doing, is building a app, with the related information needed

Posted via CB10
    Good idea. Maybe it eliminates the dozens of posts of "how do you install this leak." in your threads.

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.0.1047
    08-09-13 10:59 AM
    I'm glad at least I was not totally shot down
    I did not know it was that difficult to add items to the code, do not have a programming background.

I subbed to the team's BBM Channel yesterday, and I just saw the posts about the app you mentioned. That would have been my suggestion from the start, but I did not want to ask for too much, haha.

Glad to see you are still putting in more effort than we probably deserve.
    08-09-13 11:37 AM
    I'm glad at least I was not totally shot down
    I did not know it was that difficult to add items to the code, do not have a programming background.

I subbed to the team's BBM Channel yesterday, and I just saw the posts about the app you mentioned. That would have been my suggestion from the start, but I did not want to ask for too much, haha.

Glad to see you are still putting in more effort than we probably deserve.
    It's not difficult adding things, it's the repackaging and resigning of that OS that'd be the problem. Since we don't actually work for BlackBerry, we don't have the master signing key, in which turn, we can't create a signed OS that the BB10 devices would allow loaded.
    08-09-13 11:53 AM
    Well that makes sense, and I guess the app idea might be a better solution either way.
    08-09-13 12:41 PM