12-05-14 05:51 PM
1,625 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    and does airplane mode matter?

appreciating your time and help.

Ali.
    Just a precaution, I think. So that nothing goes in or out your BlackBerry while it backs up and restores.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-28-13 06:41 PM
    There's a good reason to be actually, just like there are such things as stupid questions

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    No actually because I don't sideload often, I did it maybe 3 times back in 10.0 and never again because there was nothing I needed. Because of this I isolated myself from anything to do with sideloading and/or skimming over information about it. Last time I used a side loaded app I had the option to hide the bar, I still don't know when that changed but because people are being rude about it I no longer care. I don't have the data nor time to stay on crackberry and read every little thing AS POINTED OUT IN MY OTHER POST. I do enjoy this site but not the way people behave to honest questions that others have. I don't think you would like to call up tech support and have them tell you to search the forum after waiting for them to pick up. Why do it to a member that waited for someone to reply to their question - seeing as you are a moderator it would have been kind for you to atleast point me in the right direction and not just hop on the bandwagon.
    08-28-13 08:13 PM
    No actually because I don't sideload often, I did it maybe 3 times back in 10.0 and never again because there was nothing I needed. Because of this I isolated myself from anything to do with sideloading and/or skimming over information about it. Last time I used a side loaded app I had the option to hide the bar, I still don't know when that changed but because people are being rude about it I no longer care. I don't have the data nor time to stay on crackberry and read every little thing AS POINTED OUT IN MY OTHER POST. I do enjoy this site but not the way people behave to honest questions that others have. I don't think you would like to call up tech support and have them tell you to search the forum after waiting for them to pick up. Why do it to a member that waited for someone to reply to their question - seeing as you are a moderator it would have been kind for you to atleast point me in the right direction and not just hop on the bandwagon.
    I wouldn't need to call tech support, because I'd learn how to use the search function, and actually I'm not a mod so again, a search would've told you that

Posted Via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    08-28-13 08:31 PM
    The bar was made permanent with OS 10.2. Apparently some users were too confused on how to go back in Android ports so BlackBerry decided to make the bottom bar permanent. I still don't understand why "shown by default hide if you want" was not sufficient even for the dumb users.

Posted via CB10
    Enzetsu and moody like this.
    08-28-13 08:37 PM
    The bar was made permanent with OS 10.2. Apparently some users were too confused on how to go back in Android ports so BlackBerry decided to make the bottom bar permanent. I still don't understand why "shown by default hide if you want" was not sufficient even for the dumb users.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    08-28-13 08:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Allow users to Un-Pin the damn bar! Pin-it or show it by default. But let me hide it.

I've a stupid question below:
    How do I install this unlocked run-time? Are these steps correct?
    - download it
    - open Chrome sideloading Extension (BB10 / Playbook App Manager)
    - DELETE existing android.bar?
    - Install this unlocked andround runtime bar?
    08-28-13 09:03 PM
    Exactly. Allow users to Un-Pin the damn bar! Pin-it or show it by default. But let me hide it.

- download it
    Install it like any other bar and then hard reset the phone (hold down the 2 volumes keys)

i dont think you have to delete or if you can even delete the stock runtime, i just installed on top of it.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    08-28-13 09:07 PM

- download it
    Enable dev mode, load using Chrome extension. Just overwrite the two files then reboot.

Posted via CB10
    chrysaurora likes this.
    08-28-13 09:07 PM
    didn't think so. You like it, right? Am I correct in thinking Tom Tom is where/who BB gets the map data for the BB map program?
    I believe tom tom makes BlackBerry maps now basically. It's not like the old.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-28-13 09:29 PM
    Thank you.
    No problem. Too much animosity on this forum as of late. Not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-28-13 09:41 PM
    Just my 2 cents worth--but just consider how many questions these guys are asked over and over, and over again in a 90 or 100 page thread? And, how many times they answer them out of the desire to help others--it is no wonder frustration builds up. I have a good friend that is a Dev/hybrid builder and I know the amount of stress they go thru to bring these to you. For no pay I might add! Almost (not every) question is answered somewhere in these threads and the search engine usually finds them eliminating the need to ask--but when you do ask, they normally answer quickly. I for one have never had a problem asking and receiving info from any of them, and I've been around and active for quite a while. So I don't think its animosity as much as frustration. That said I am very thankful for the leaks and hybrids all these years through all the different devices. Just my thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 and n8tiveg like this.
    08-28-13 10:17 PM
    Well, really, again many if not all of us have families, and lives outside of CB ourselves. We volunteer our time to help those out who need our help. We also put in countless hours to test these leaks to make sure that you the end user have an easier time loading and using them. We do this by listing in the OP known issues and or workarounds.
    All we ask is that a simple search and or reading take place before a question is asked, especially when said question has not only been answered in this thread but has had at least half a dozen threads of its own started.

Animosity? No, frustration at the same questions? Very much so.

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    08-28-13 11:08 PM
    No problem. Too much animosity on this forum as of late. Not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    Just my 2 cents worth--but just consider how many questions these guys are asked over and over, and over again in a 90 or 100 page thread? And, how many times they answer them out of the desire to help others--it is no wonder frustration builds up. I have a good friend that is a Dev/hybrid builder and I know the amount of stress they go thru to bring these to you. For no pay I might add! Almost (not every) question is answered somewhere in these threads and the search engine usually finds them eliminating the need to ask--but when you do ask, they normally answer quickly. I for one have never had a problem asking and receiving info from any of them, and I've been around and active for quite a while. So I don't think its animosity as much as frustration. That said I am very thankful for the leaks and hybrids all these years through all the different devices. Just my thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    Well, really, again many if not all of us have families, and lives outside of CB ourselves. We volunteer our time to help those out who need our help. We also put in countless hours to test these leaks to make sure that you the end user have an easier time loading and using them. We do this by listing in the OP known issues and or workarounds.
    All we ask is that a simple search and or reading take place before a question is asked, especially when said question has not only been answered in this thread but has had at least half a dozen threads of its own started.

Posted via CB10
    I offered my thoughts already...ironically enough in this very thread. Check this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9078322
    08-29-13 12:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I offered my thoughts already...ironically enough in this very thread. Check this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9078322
    You guys are not obligated to answer every question. Leave it to someone else and it will be answered. Better than getting all frustrated and agitated
    08-29-13 01:06 AM
    You guys are not obligated to answer every question. Leave it to someone else and it will be answered. Better than getting all frustrated and agitated
    Agreed. But if you look around at my activity on this site, you'll see that I do my best to foster community among members. Very often when that is exactly what a particular poster does NOT want.

I also do my best to help educate those who are new to updating OSes and whatnot. Again, very often that is exactly what a surprisingly large number of people do NOT want.

Just my views on things here.
    08-29-13 01:15 AM
    I don't know if i'm the only one having issue with this on the newest leak 10.2.0.1443
    I installed both of them using sacheis bar 7 and tried to install instagram but said error no debug token found??
    08-29-13 01:54 AM
    Any update on Camera App and Contact App?

These 2 needs to be fixed and made awesome sooner.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:55 AM
    I don't know if i'm the only one having issue with this on the newest leak 10.2.0.1443
    I installed both of them using sacheis bar 7 and tried to install instagram but said error no debug token found??
    I am far from an expert on Android apps or sideloading, but...

is there a chance the bar file you are trying to load was converted using the debug token method? That would require that the same debug token be installed on the device.

I recommend searching for another version of the app and trying that instead.
    08-29-13 03:27 AM
    Any update on Camera App and Contact App?

These 2 needs to be fixed and made awesome sooner.

Posted via CB10
    Well, we have noticed significant progress with both apps...but neither one of them has anything to do with the Android runtime.
    08-29-13 03:28 AM
    Well, we have noticed significant progress with both apps...but neither one of them has anything to do with the Android runtime.
    Oops. My mistake. I posted it in this. I wanted to ask in 1443 leak.
    Sorry for confusion.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 04:49 AM
    Oops. My mistake. I posted it in this. I wanted to ask in 1443 leak.
    Sorry for confusion.

Posted via CB10
    No worries. There are a lot of similar threads around here. I get mixed up all the time.
    08-29-13 05:05 AM
    How about starbuck?

Posted via CB10
    I think she was killed in the final episode of Battlestar Galactica.
    n8tiveg and StormieTwo like this.
    08-29-13 06:23 AM
    She was hot.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS 1323 | Squircle of Trust Co-Founder
    Adam Szucs likes this.
    08-29-13 06:33 AM
    All of this has happened and will happen again.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-29-13 07:29 AM
    Yeah! My mind was blown when they arrived at Earth at the dawn of man! Did not see that coming!
    08-29-13 08:01 AM
1,625 ... 4748495051 ...