12-05-14 05:51 PM
1,625 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    I got ot working but it isn't full screen -.-. I hate the bottom bar and stuff. Can't believe they aren't getting rid of it

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:21 AM
    I got ot working but it isn't full screen -.-. I hate the bottom bar and stuff. Can't believe they aren't getting rid of it

Posted via CB10
    Bottom bar will never leave, until bb decides that it would be optional again.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:25 AM
    That bottom bar is going to be there until people learn that an angled swipe from the bottom to the left does the back command just the same. It's like a redundant easy button imo

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:29 AM
    The Back Bar is the New Easy Button! Lol

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a CrackBerry squircle addict
    08-27-13 11:00 AM
    Same as with the official runtime, Netflix does not work. Permanently stuck on loading after you pick a movie. Going back to 1.8b is not an option. Newer versions of Netflix worked just fine with Gingerbread 2.3.3 runtime, and they should work here too. BlackBerry should really address this issue.

Also, exactly as I have stated before, this runtime just allows you to avoid having to sign the BAR files with a debug token. It suffers from the same bugs that the official runtime suffers from.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:05 AM
    All working with out debug token. Had them all on one on 1371 but work now without Fcking leak team is awesome. Need I say more.
    Attachment 195816

Posted via CB10
    Your minion rush have sound? Mine doesn't. What version is it?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1323
    08-27-13 11:06 AM
    Tnx for the explaination. Has anyone try to sideload the google play services (there is an apk for that) - convert to a bar file and see if that works? I'm afraid to test it myself, LOL. I can follow you guys on what you do, but if I run into problems I'm not sure if I would be able to get the BB10 back to where it is. I'm running the 10.2 1047 and the unlocked android runtime.
    Tnx again to all you guys ... fun to own a Blackberry ( reminds me of when I had my Palm TX - how we used to play with that!!!)
    08-27-13 11:14 AM
    Hey dudes, I use this Unlocked Android runtime to try Android runtime for the first time since I have a Q10.
    I sideloaded Google maps and hearts and eurosport.
    I have to say that that bar is really silly imho too! More than redondant that quiete a big wast.

I can undrstand the fact that it can make easier to emulate Android ( a tiny bit), but what a waste on a Q10 screen.
    And I'm not even a game player, but I can see that one as a killing point.

I'm still a Blackberry user (hope for long yet) and if we had native apps in our store we wontt worries about Android...but still: If you make android apps playin in your OS, dont waste 20% of your screen where you have a genius gesture on your hardware!!! Not that intelligent sftware wise.

Back to topic, since I never tried any other runtime versions I cant compare, but still this one is faast.
    And thanks to sharing it to us Blackberry fans.

Go bar go, back black back!
    Last edited by moosbb; 08-27-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Typos
    08-27-13 11:15 AM
    Same as with the official runtime, Netflix does not work. Permanently stuck on loading after you pick a movie. Going back to 1.8b is not an option. Newer versions of Netflix worked just fine with Gingerbread 2.3.3 runtime, and they should work here too. BlackBerry should really address this issue.

Also, exactly as I have stated before, this runtime just allows you to avoid having to sign the BAR files with a debug token. It suffers from the same bugs that the official runtime suffers from.

Posted via CB10
    And as we have stated before why address something that is not broke. The runtime was never intended for the end user to sideload apps. It was intended for developers.
    So to address and fix something that was never intended for you to use in the first place makes your statement irrelevant.

Posted from my BerryLeak mind controlled Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1xxx LE, while drunk
    Pdinos3, bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    08-27-13 11:17 AM
    Not to sound rude here, but as I have said before:

If you 1) don't know what you are doing, then do not install anything we leak.
    2) leaks are intended for advanced users, not for the novice
    3) yes, we make these files available for everyone, who could easily install them, if they do a little reading to understand what it is they are doing, and have the basic knowledge of what/how to do things with there device.

Posted from my BerryLeak mind controlled Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1xxx LE, while drunk
    Fair comment but how does a novice progress to an advanced user unless they test themselves with new things?
    moody likes this.
    08-27-13 11:23 AM
    Fair comment but how does a novice progress to an advanced user unless they test themselves with new things?
    Hey, I asked myself the same question. I think you are making a fair point.

What I did was to try and not ask any questions here unless I absolutely tried everything I could think of and gave every effort to solve my issues myself. (reading alot)

In the end I think I learn more that way. No, I know I learn more that way.

But I do understand the point of the warning. This stuff can make your device not work so good. Leaks have an inherent risk by definition.

All good for me I'm having fun with the leaks even if I'm a novice.

Carry On!

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a CrackBerry squircle addict
    08-27-13 11:33 AM
    Everything has a learning curve. With trying this stuff out, you have to be comfortable with the "error" part of "trial and error."

I'm just happy to have development like this going on. Shows some life in the ecosystem after all.
    08-27-13 11:42 AM
    I agree in a general sense. This is how I learned.

The problem most of us face is dealing with a flood of identical questions. We do our best to answer the ones we can anticipate, and we do that right in the initial post. When people ask questions that we expected and answered in advance, it is frustrating. When it happens over and over again, it can be the source of some resentment.

None of us are perfect, and none of us learned this stuff overnight. We have all seriously messed up our devices at one time or another. Most of us know to create some reliable (and recoverable) means of backup data in case we screw it up again. But we also see folks barrel into these forums with only themselves to blame for either not planning, or not following clearly-stated instructions...usually both.

Everyone on the BerryLeaks team is very good at what they do, and very knowledgeable. We are not trying to lord over people with knowledge. In fact, it is quite the opposite: we do our best to educate the forums with what we learn. We are ALL learning as we go in here. The team puts in a lot of time and effort, and it seems fair that anyone who wants to follow along ought to be ready, willing, and able to do the same.

Bottom line, don't mistake frustration for an elitist attitude, but also don't expect folks to hold your hand through every single step. Start with manageable expectations, and build (and learn) from there.

I personally do my best to respond to as many questions as I can. I usually do it in a thorough and (I hope) helpful manner. But sometimes I get frustrated too.

Keep reading, keep watching how things progress. And when you're ready, jump into the fray of dealing with the latest software. Just always remember that many of the things you'll find in this subforum are, relatively-speaking, untested and quite likely to have bugs.
    08-27-13 11:56 AM
    I agree in a general sense. This is how I learned.

The problem most of us face is dealing with a flood of identical questions. We do our best to answer the ones we can anticipate, and we do that right in the initial post. When people ask questions that we expected and answered in advance, it is frustrating. When it happens over and over again, it can be the source of some resentment.

None of us are perfect, and none of us learned this stuff overnight. We have all seriously messed up our devices at one time or another. Most of us know to create some reliable (and recoverable) means of backup data in case we screw it up again. But we also see folks barrel into these forums with only themselves to blame for either not planning, or not following clearly-stated instructions...usually both.

Everyone on the BerryLeaks team is very good at what they do, and very knowledgeable. We are not trying to lord over people with knowledge. In fact, it is quite the opposite: we do our best to educate the forums with what we learn. We are ALL learning as we go in here. The team puts in a lot of time and effort, and it seems fair that anyone who wants to follow along ought to be ready, willing, and able to do the same.

Bottom line, don't mistake frustration for an elitist attitude, but also don't expect folks to hold your hand through every single step. Start with manageable expectations, and build (and learn) from there.

I personally do my best to respond to as many questions as I can. I usually do it in a thorough and (I hope) helpful manner. But sometimes I get frustrated too.

Keep reading, keep watching how things progress. And when you're ready, jump into the fray of dealing with the latest software. Just always remember that many of the things you'll find in this subforum are, relatively-speaking, untested and quite likely to have bugs.
    the identical questions make it very difficult for somebody reading the forums trying to learn, you miss a lot of important stuff when trying to skim through the crap
    08-27-13 12:13 PM
    the identical questions make it very difficult for somebody reading the forums trying to learn, you miss a lot of important stuff when trying to skim through the crap
    Imagine the sound of a few hundred heads nodding in agreement....
    08-27-13 01:00 PM
    Sorry I haven't read through the pages and apologize if it's a repeat question. I installed the bar files for this leaked runtime...what setting can i check to verify that I'm running the new runtime?
    08-27-13 01:18 PM
    A way to test it out would be to load google maps or any app for that matter that showed that terrible gingerbread layout and check to see if a new layout is shown now.
    08-27-13 01:21 PM
    I installed the bar files for this leaked runtime...what setting can i check to verify that I'm running the new runtime?
    Check with the BB10 Chrome Extension. It lists everything on your device with its version number.
    Find the entries sys.android and sys.android.shell.
    The new runtime must show as version number 127.0.0.595 for both
    shabbs likes this.
    08-27-13 01:24 PM
    Hey guys quick question here:

I've installed some bar files they run perfectly on wifi but when I'm on LTE it always tells me cannot connect to network. Please check cellular data or wifi connectivity.. this issue is also happening to android ports downloaded on blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:09 PM
    Hey guys quick question here:

I've installed some bar files they run perfectly on wifi but when I'm on LTE it always tells me cannot connect to network. Please check cellular data or wifi connectivity.. this issue is also happening to android ports downloaded on blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    What carrier? I'm with AT&T and in an LTE area and haven't seen it.
    08-27-13 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:20 PM
    What carrier? I'm with AT&T and in an LTE area and haven't seen it.
    Rogers running 1047

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:29 PM
    Is it just me, this is runtime on my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047 or Instagram takes pics at 90 degree?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:48 PM
    Agreed, a novice becomes advanced through trial and error. I still consider myself a novice, even though I had quite a few very highly regarded hybrids on the legacy devices.

We are ALL always learning. I just ask that people use a little common sense and read before jumping into something, and before asking questions. This saves a lot of time and frustrations on both sides of the coin.

I do my best to help out, but I will be honest, I am willing to help, IF you are willing to help yourself.

I am in no way truing to steer people away from playing around with leaks, simply making an honest statement on all of this.

I once was new to leaks, hybrids and doing advanced changes on my device. I learned because I was willing to read.

bungaboy and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    08-27-13 02:48 PM
    Screen shots of what's currently running on my Z10

Attachment 195529
    Attachment 195530
    Attachment 195531

Attachment 195533
    Attachment 195534

I am NOT..repeat, I am NOT using a debug token. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Mecca, What is that back up app you are showing the screen shot of? Will it back up BB10 Link calendars and contacts or only the local calendar/contacts? Thanks!
    08-27-13 02:53 PM
1,625 ... 4243444546 ...