01-28-14 09:51 PM
345 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    How did you download the app from Google Play without an Android device? Do you need that BlueStacks program or something like that? Thanks
    Yes, you'll need bluestacks to get a device id and the chrome extension apk downloader

Edit:
    Link to the chrome extension: http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/#extension

what you need to do:
    1. download, install & setup bluestacks
    2. download device id apk from the above linked ste and run it in bluestacks to get a device id
    3. download & install the chrome extension
    4. setup the extension by inserting your google play account credentials and the device id you got in bluestacks and your good to go

To get a apk-file from google play choose an app of your choice. If the app is free or you already bought it a little icon will appear in your address bar:
    BerryLeaks Presents Android App Stores :-P-apkdl.png
    Hit that green icon and the download will start

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pfl4ume; 11-15-13 at 01:36 PM.
    kyleheney likes this.
    11-15-13 01:19 PM
    There are verified and non-verified stores, It's categorized.

Attachment 220988

Posted via CB10
    But what do verified stores mean?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:01 PM
    But what do verified stores mean?

Posted via CB10
    A quote from the description in 1mobile market:
    "The Best Android App Markets - An index of all Alternative Android App Markets to download .
    Categorised by verified and unverified.
    Please note that some app stores (unverified) risk carrying Malware/Spyware apps."
    bobo616 likes this.
    11-15-13 02:13 PM
    Pfl4ume

Thanks for answering a lot of our noon questions.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and toobs623 like this.
    11-15-13 02:16 PM
    i've tried all market mentioned above, from all these, 1mobile and Mobo are good, i'm using STL-1

thank you for your recommandations
    if you want to use viber, only this version works 100%: 2.3.5 or .6
    11-15-13 02:20 PM
    Pfl4ume

Thanks for answering a lot of our noon questions.

Posted via CB10
    No problem
    11-15-13 02:21 PM
    Out of curiosity why are 1mobiles apps seemed to be from different people than other app stores usually it seems they are signed by other people rather that a company

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:23 PM
    Ok, so if this is a dumb question and/or has been asked already I apologize. But can you go to the Google Play Store in the browser and download APK files?
    Not a dumb question, and though nobody was able to answer you directly, there is a workaround provided I think in pages 10/11 (if browsing via the CB10 app). But the short answer is no. I just tried via the BB10 browser and the Play Store sends the download request directly to the "device," so you need to set up your device to actually connect to the system (that's why people recommended Bluestacks or the Chrome extension, though those specific options wouldn't get the .apk files directly on your device).

so awesome! finally getting to play and good lil trick with the skype to get the 1mobile store to stay as an app.

also, I have found turning USB Mass storage mode on and just dragging APKS over to the phone/media card works just as well. I have several apks on my computer from sideloading previously and kept them even after converted. So far all those work well also. plus keeping them on the sd card will leave them be after another update
    An even easier solution if you have BlackBerry Link set up on your desktop is to use Remote File Access to grant your phone access to the folders containing the .apk files on your computer, and using the File Manager app to navigate to those destinations. I've heard mixed reviews about installing .apk files via the File Manager though so you could simply use it to transfer the files wirelessly without the need to connect via USB cable (alternatively, if you want to avoid Link altogether, you can grant wifi access to your phone and drag/drop files into it via your desktop, provided they're on the same wifi network).

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:29 PM
    Out of curiosity why are 1mobiles apps seemed to be from different people than other app stores usually it seems they are signed by other people rather that a company

Posted via CB10
    Oh really? That's interesting, and not exactly reassuring... :S

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Looking up the people's names generally gives me a LinkedIn saying that they're a programmer at the company that published the app. I know Bitcasa's app was like that.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and n8tiveg like this.
    11-15-13 02:34 PM
    Thanks for putting all these in a single spot. Helps

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:36 PM
    For all of you saying that there is no way to uninstall apps. Or that the apps keep returning after you delete them.

Settings/app manager/device monitor select the storage tab find the app click it it will give you an option to delete. Once that is done I found that my app do not return

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:45 PM
    Well the cat is out of the bag and the runtime on 10.2.1.1055 is beast. So first things first.

In case you have somehow missed everything in existence for the last 24 hours you can now install apk's directly from your phone. Simply tap on the apk, either from the browser's download list or from file manager and follow the prompts.

To make life a little easier we have uploaded the Amazon App store as well as 1MobileMarket apk files. Download directly to your phone and open. After installing you do not need to search for possibly sketchy apk files, simply search in the app store, download, and install.

1Mobile
    Amazon App Store
    Aptoide credit AnimalPak200
    Yandex
    Credit arvind1983
    Good eReader Mendez777
    SlideMeLostOnThePianoRoll
    MoboMarketLostOnThePianoRoll
    Keep 'em comin'!

And thanks to Thurask for making a video for us
    He got fancy and installed the app store by clicking Skype on the browser, but either way works
    Why can't BlackBerry World make their own APK app store section?

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 02:47 PM
    Why can't BlackBerry World make their own APK app store section?

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    Because absolutely none of this is officially released yet?

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 and pvphooman like this.
    11-15-13 02:55 PM
    I strongly recommend against installing amazon app store. Not only did it make my device run too hot to hold in my hand, it also installed about 30 apps as system apps, none of them worked, and there is now no way to remove them without wiping the phone, they're now permanently on my device. Upon removing amazon app store everything is fine temperature wise. While it was on there it wrecked my device though.
    11-15-13 03:25 PM
    I strongly recommend against installing amazon app store. Not only did it make my device run too hot to hold in my hand, it also installed about 30 apps as system apps, none of them worked, and there is now no way to remove them without wiping the phone, they're now permanently on my device. Upon removing amazon app store everything is fine temperature wise. While it was on there it wrecked my device though.
    I did not have great success with the amazon app either and removed it. However, I did not wipe my phone. I went in the misc folder and deleted the remnant files from the failed installs (those that crashed after opening. Having much better success with 1mobile and apk-downloader
    11-15-13 03:32 PM
    Can any of these app stores update older apks and also retain the save game data?
    11-15-13 03:42 PM
    An even easier solution if you have BlackBerry Link set up on your desktop is to use Remote File Access to grant your phone access to the folders containing the .apk files on your computer, and using the File Manager app to navigate to those destinations. I've heard mixed reviews about installing .apk files via the File Manager though so you could simply use it to transfer the files wirelessly without the need to connect via USB cable (alternatively, if you want to avoid Link altogether, you can grant wifi access to your phone and drag/drop files into it via your desktop, provided they're on the same wifi network).

Posted via CB10
    Is Remote File Access working for you? I can't get it to work after several attempts and reconnects.
    11-15-13 03:44 PM
    Is Remote File Access working for you? I can't get it to work after several attempts and reconnects.
    Haven't tried yet on the new leak but at the same time I still need to reboot the phone. Typically the two don't communicate well because one or the other doesn't recognize the BBID through Link, so restarting your phone and/or computer plus re-logging into your BBID on Link should fix any hold ups with the system refresh. I'll try later today and report back.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:22 PM
    I've used RFA a lot and know all the fixes and tips and have tried everything. Please report back and let me know if yours works. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:25 PM
    Trying got going for app manager and the to the storage section and delete from there
    BerryLeaks Presents Android App Stores :-P-img_00000105.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 04:51 PM
    Looking up the people's names generally gives me a LinkedIn saying that they're a programmer at the company that published the app. I know Bitcasa's app was like that.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks the ask I thought it was something like that but just wanted to be sure

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 05:01 PM
    aptoide works for me.it even checks updates for your installed android apps and updates perfectly.
    niceup likes this.
    11-15-13 05:22 PM
    I've used RFA a lot and know all the fixes and tips and have tried everything. Please report back and let me know if yours works. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    mine works without a problem.
    11-15-13 05:25 PM
    Yes, you'll need bluestacks to get a device id and the chrome extension apk downloader

Edit:
    Link to the chrome extension: APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official)

what you need to do:
    1. download, install & setup bluestacks
    2. download device id apk from the above linked ste and run it in bluestacks to get a device id
    3. download & install the chrome extension
    4. setup the extension by inserting your google play account credentials and the device id you got in bluestacks and your good to go

To get a apk-file from google play choose an app of your choice. If the app is free or you already bought it a little icon will appear in your address bar:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apkdl.PNG 
Views:	1654 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	221098
    Hit that green icon and the download will start

Posted via CB10
    personally i just go to the app store (play.google.com) search for the app i want, and the id is listed on the goto bar: ie: com.netflix.mediaclient that you would paste into apk-downloader. but either way.
    11-15-13 05:34 PM
345 ... 7891011 ...