01-28-14 08:51 PM
345 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:31 AM
    does this mean that we don't have to worry about getting updates also? we will get in app notifications from the respective app store??

can someone confirm this?
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    11-13-13 02:53 AM
    Direct/official links to the 3 app markets so far (click the download link):
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...bUvbUpU9531870
    1Mobile: http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/?cid=9
    Aptoid: http://m.aptoide.com/

I do not think BlackMart has an official link, and tbh compared to the other three it is really much more 'pirated'.

EDIT: can not seem to edit the Amazon link to a shorter version, but this is the right one.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 11-13-13 at 03:33 AM.
    niceup, gritsinct and Nharzhool like this.
    11-13-13 03:09 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:18 AM
    looks like I am buying Z10
    sickmode7 likes this.
    11-13-13 04:11 AM
    Anyone tried Google Voice and tested making calls and receiving them?
    That's always worked, using Groove IP or Talkatone or whatever else (which use GV)..

Google Voice runs, but I don't feel like configuring it all again.. I'm in Canada where we supposedly don't get Google Voice, but there are always workarounds.. which I don't feel like doing (again), when it's just easier to use Groove IP or Talkatone, lol
    11-13-13 04:17 AM
    Any word on getting the Amazon store working in Canada? Keeps telling me my country is unsupported, and I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using the same account for amazon.ca and amazon.com. I've de-authorized the app on amazon.com. but I don't see anywhere in the app itself to log out and back in again, or to change it.

As for 1Mobile, I installed a few apps last night, and pretty much all night my phone was buzzing at me non-stop with notifications for the same apps over and over again. Tried installing the Play Store through 1Mobile on a whim, and the phone just would not stop buzzing, and the battery went up over 40C from 28C in about half an hour, and I really needed to get some sleep so I had to remove 1Mobile. Couldn't just hold the icon and click X to uninstall either. Was still getting notifications after that. Had to go into the app manager and remove it from there.

Phone seems to have settled down some, and is sitting at a pleasant 25C now. I might try again later. (thank goodness it's so cold out, I was able to just pull the battery and stick both by the open window for a couple of minutes)
    11-13-13 04:37 AM
    Anyone tried Viber?

Posted via CB10
    arvind1983 likes this.
    11-13-13 04:38 AM
    Any word on getting the Amazon store working in Canada? Keeps telling me my country is unsupported, and I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using the same account for amazon.ca and amazon.com. I've de-authorized the app on amazon.com. but I don't see anywhere in the app itself to log out and back in again, or to change it.

As for 1Mobile, I installed a few apps last night, and pretty much all night my phone was buzzing at me non-stop with notifications for the same apps over and over again. Tried installing the Play Store through 1Mobile on a whim, and the phone just would not stop buzzing, and the battery went up over 40C from 28C in about half an hour, and I really needed to get some sleep so I had to remove 1Mobile. Couldn't just hold the icon and click X to uninstall either. Was still getting notifications after that. Had to go into the app manager and remove it from there.

Phone seems to have settled down some, and is sitting at a pleasant 25C now. I might try again later. (thank goodness it's so cold out, I was able to just pull the battery and stick both by the open window for a couple of minutes)

yeah 1Mobile isn't a very good app.. it's slow to download things and sometimes the downloads just freeze up, too.. I just get everything off the Google Play store using the PC and then use wireless link to transfer it to the phone. Or just use this link inside the BB Browser to grab stuff from Google Play from the comfort of your phone, lol

as for the Amazon app store, I had that running and I'm in Canada. I just chose Amazon.com from the list of locations. I did not sign in, however.
    11-13-13 04:43 AM
    I use 1market and it's awesome!

Posted Via CB10. Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-13-13 05:14 AM
    Guy's...i'm running Google now

THIS.IS.AMAZING!
    Last edited by Lincoln Liking; 11-13-13 at 05:49 AM.
    11-13-13 05:26 AM
    I Tried it, no way to uninstall the apps

and crashes from time to time, but overall it works fine
    11-13-13 06:52 AM
    I am glad that I am finally able to witness the first steps in the turnaround of BlackBerry. Accessing these stores from one's mobile has changed BlackBerry's chance to fight back on a level playing field.
    11-13-13 07:07 AM
    How is this not on the front page of CrackBerry?
    toobs623 likes this.
    11-13-13 07:13 AM
    Is Viber working?
    11-13-13 07:15 AM
    Will this method work for games like ingress which require google services?
    11-13-13 07:19 AM
    Guy's...i'm running Google now

THIS.IS.AMAZING!
    Tell me more.

Poaasted with my asexy red Q10 with the wonky A key
    11-13-13 07:38 AM
    I Tried it, no way to uninstall the apps

and crashes from time to time, but overall it works fine
    Check Device Monitor, under the Storage tab.

kfroese likes this.
    11-13-13 07:38 AM
    Fantastic, thank you
    11-13-13 07:47 AM
    Anyone try the Kindle Fire hack for Google play?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work. The services and vendor.apk files error out when trying to install.

To save everyone else some time, I've tried every standalone version of the Android store, all the way back to the Froyo versions with no success. They aren't going to work without the Google services dependencies. Need to find a way to get them on the device.

Going to try a couple different file browsers that actually let me see the root Android file structure. Not sure what good it will do though since we don't have root access to anything on the Android side.
    mrfreeze and citystars41 like this.
    11-13-13 08:30 AM
    Some apps work flawlessly but others dont work so well on my Q10. The apps arent reimaged for a smaller screen so i cant navigate through some apps.
    11-13-13 09:51 AM
    Tell me more.

I downloaded the Google search app through 1 mobile market and there is also a beta of "ok Google now" voice command. I downloaded both and changed the command key to "OK Z10" It works just like a Moto X
    11-13-13 09:55 AM
    Can someone try the new PS4 app?

Sony releases PlayStation app for iOS, Android users | Mobile - CNET News

I'm picking up my new PS4 tomorrow/Friday night/morning.. lol
    anon5993996 likes this.
    11-13-13 10:08 AM
    the STL100-1 and the Q's are GoogleBerry's now
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-13-13 10:55 AM
    I downloaded the Google search app through 1 mobile market and there is also a beta of "ok Google now" voice command. I downloaded both and changed the command key to "OK Z10" It works just like a Moto X
    Does it still tell you which busses/trains to take to get home? That's literally all I need. I'll take the battery hit if I need to keep it running all the time.

11-13-13 10:58 AM
345 ... 23456 ...