01-14-14 05:18 PM
1,637 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    This was my first 10.2 leak install coming from 10.1.0.4543. For me, restoring "Application Data" fails constantly, but Settings and Media are fine. Is this normal for a 10.1 backup restore into a 10.2 OS, or the Application data between the two versions should get restored without a problem? In that case, what am I missing?

Hardware: STL100-3
    Existing OS: 10.1.0.4543
    New OS: 10.2.0.1725
    You may already be doing this but just wanted to make sure that you restore application data AFTER reloading all your BBWorld apps and sideloaded Android apps. I came from 10.1.0.4687 and everything is back up and running after having restored from BBLink.
    09-16-13 02:35 PM
    I don't think this has been asked. I can't seem to turn off the -swipe up prediction- feature on the keyboard. I have gone to System Settings > Language and input > Prediction and correction. I see no setting to turn off the -swipe up prediction- feature. Any suggestions?
    09-16-13 02:59 PM
    [QUOTE=

No, it's in settings as far as I am aware.

Posted via CB10 5[/QUOTE]

That is correct. I think there are a couple of reasons some people think it is in the App Data Backup as I have seen posted several times:

1 It is an app so it would seem logical that the passwords are in the App data backup.
    2. Password Keeper is not a core app with BB10, it is installed via BlackBerry World as it was released after BB10 was available. People may assume that after App Data restores that password data is restored, but it is the App that is restored as the passwords were restored from the settings backup.

If you restore only your settings backup and re-install Password Keeper from BlackBerry World and do not perform an App Data restore your passwords will be there. I have done this several times.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rjedge54; 09-16-13 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post
    09-16-13 03:35 PM
    Did you do restore individually, or complete? And did you wipe too?
    I so not wipe - the autoloader does that anyway.

As to whether it was in one go or piecewise, sorry I don't remember any more.
    Between 10.2 leaks intend to restore all in one go, but I do remember doing a piecewise restore in the past but I don't remember between which OSes any more. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:37 PM
    Hmm. I do not. I honestly haven't been checking that. I used to be a lot more obsessive about Calendar data than I am now. I just haven't had a serious need to access it lately. I don't like that limitation.
    Thanks for confirming... Its been driving me nuts! I hate having to sync with a BBLink Calendar which then shows duplicates.
    09-16-13 04:01 PM
    I installed the Leak last night, every thing went smoothly. Followed all the installation instructions.
    Now the problem. I use Waze for navigation, and now when I launch it I get a message saying "can't connect to network".
    I am using the Z10 STL-4.
    Please advice.
    Thanks in advance

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    I guess because your Android runtime is disconnected. Switch airplane mode on and off. It should help. Let me know if it doesn't.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    09-16-13 04:10 PM
    Can you delete email in Gmail yet? (Google apps account)
    09-16-13 04:31 PM
    Calendar and Contacts in the dark theme. I'm Batman

Attachment 201765

Posted via CB10
    love the 2 chimps!
    09-16-13 05:24 PM
    Thanks so much to the BerryLeaks team! I was holding on to 1047 for a long time. It was working so well for me.

Now granted today is only my first full day on it, but this is a sweet OS. Everything has been running smoothly, the dark themes are awesome, although I too wish I could just set it to dark in one setting for the whole phone. I hope at some point in time they give us a dark theme for the hub. Switching from the hub to a BBM conversation doesn't look right going from light to dark.

Regardless, like I said, the OS is working great and many thanks to the BL team for getting this out to us...

PS. I do kinda miss the squircle, but I don't know why! Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:11 PM
    Thanks so much to the BerryLeaks team! I was holding on to 1047 for a long time. It was working so well for me.

Now granted today is only my first full day on it, but this is a sweet OS. Everything has been running smoothly, the dark themes are awesome, although I too wish I could just set it to dark in one setting for the whole phone. I hope at some point in time they give us a dark theme for the hub. Switching from the hub to a BBM conversation doesn't look right going from light to dark.

Regardless, like I said, the OS is working great and many thanks to the BL team for getting this out to us...

PS. I do kinda miss the squircle, but I don't know why! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Hey turtle, I am still on 1047, and wondered if you could give me some idea of what the compelling reasons are to move over. Besides the squircle, which I'm devoted to

Thanks in advance,

TS

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    09-16-13 06:15 PM
    Know I read this earlier in the thread, so more a confirmation for me that the mute button on the volume rocker no longer pauses playing Media. Even tried toggling Voice Dictation off for using that key and still won't pause playback.

Not a deal breaker by any means, just slightly irksome to know it was previously working.

Great so far though - System is running at a cool 2-3% draw and battery has been draining far slower / cooler (temp) than 1443.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:16 PM
    I think this thread is winding down faster than most major leak threads to date because this leak is pretty close to being "gold," at least for 10.2.0.xxxx OS's and the STL100-2-3 and maybe the STL100-4.

There may be one or two "bugs" in the leak, although most of the problems people have had here have been unique to their own situations. There are a few things that are still on most of our wish lists, like the dark themes (not on my wish list), a camera with face focus (easily side loaded), a clock with a vibration alarm (also easily side loaded), and an unlocked, bug free, advanced Android runtime (but the debug token works, or you can load in the older unlocked runtime which is pretty good).

I thought 1047/1048 with some of Wu-Wei's post-autoloads was very good. It's hard to know how to improve on 1725 other than with some extra features coming in 10.2.1.xxxx.

I hope nobody flames me for this Polyannish comment.
    09-16-13 06:18 PM
    Know I read this earlier in the thread, so more a confirmation for me that the mute button on the volume rocker no longer pauses playing Media. Even tried toggling Voice Dictation off for using that key and still won't pause playback.

Not a deal breaker by any means, just slightly irksome to know it was previously working.

Great so far though - System is running at a cool 2-3% draw and battery has been draining far slower / cooler (temp) than 1443.

Posted via CB10
    I used the center button earlier today to pause a YouTube video I was watching. So it works through the Internet players, was it the local media player that wasn't working?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:24 PM
    Nice comprehensive explanation, detlev. One clarification - when apps restored thru Link, BBWorld still doesn't see them, and in order to get updates, you need to reinstall, so I'd recommend not bothering w the app restore, and just reload fr BBWorld. Only thing I'm not sure about are the app settings, and how keep those w/o restoring fr Link, and going thru the unnecessary download fr BBWorld.

I still get update notifications when the apps are bugged in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-16-13 06:36 PM
    Device: z10
    Model:stl100-3 (tmobile)

This is the best leak yet. Heavy use all day and still At 70%.
    There are a few minor quirks handling net switches but it's a lot better in this leak and I can't seem to reproduce the issue.

Scenarios are going from 4g/lte to wifi and back with vpn/proxy active (ikev2/mobike), all radios active or user-select (ie... disable strong signal 4g and enable wifi, or disable 4g data only, or disable wifi with strong signal, or any combo of above and not lose vpn).

If you do that a few times, you may need to manually intervene at some point to reset your radio... still more reliable than any droid phone I've owned!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:59 PM
    I used the center button earlier today to pause a YouTube video I was watching. So it works through the Internet players, was it the local media player that wasn't working?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, local media player just playing songs off my SD Card.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:38 PM
    SQN100-3

Now I've caught up on some reading in this thread.

I have been testing this OS .1725 for about 36 hrs.

Length of time to install/wipe/restore was about 56 mins total (with approx 5.5 GB stuff and about 8 extra apps)
    There are many complaints about the restore in the posts. Some say it is just hit or miss...and that is the case...but let me add this to mixture of thought here.

Could it be many have inadequate computing resources? Is you computer too slow? Are you using other programs on your computer while a restore is taking place? Could your computer be in need of upgrading? Are you interrupting the process?

Even on my computing rig there are times during restore that take a while, and I feel like it has stopped and feel compelled to abort. This is when I go do something else for bit, come back in 10 minutes.

I read in horror as some claim it takes 3 hours plus to to this.

I found that the wipe is the most time intensive part of the process. (next OS leak update I try testing, I will time all 3 events separately and post the results) .

When I restore, and I have done many, with at least one per OS leak, I have achieved 100% success rate. Dunno call it luck, call it whatever...but It has always restored...with either BBLink or using (and my fav) Sachesi utility tool.

Overall what I consider a quick and flawless install...Fantastic software from what I have used so far.

All "dark" theme apps work as per-ported. (did not re-install BBM channels for adverse effect I've read about).

At the moment running stock runtime with this and debug token installed.

Lots was learned from this lengthy read, but well worth taking the time.

For the Squircle people...it is not in this OS. Please post about it in the waiting room thread, and not cluttering up this thread. Thank you in advance.
    trebass and tonyron227 like this.
    09-16-13 07:45 PM
    After 3 days trying the 1725 i'm satisfied but my cell running very hot and I have to recharge every 6 hours...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:46 PM
    Hey turtle, I am still on 1047, and wondered if you could give me some idea of what the compelling reasons are to move over. Besides the squircle, which I'm devoted to

Thanks in advance,

TS

Honestly for me it was mostly the dark themes. I wanted to see if I was going to like them. I was having a few small issues with 1047 but nothing that was major and wanted to make me switch. Every other leak seem to just be a few small bug improvements here and there. I was waiting for something I could see, since I wasn't really experiencing any issues that needed to be dealt with. I did a back up, installed the leak, installed my apps from BlackBerry World and then did a restore, and it's running wonderfully smooth.

I love the dark themes, and this OS feels like it's running just that little bit better that we're always searching for...so I'm keeping this one...at least till the next one drops.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:51 PM
    Yes, local media player just playing songs off my SD Card.

Posted via CB10
    Just tested that...works perfectly for me. was able to pause and play, back and forth, just by hitting that button.

It was responding quite quickly

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:54 PM
    Just tested that...works perfectly for me. was able to pause and play, back and forth, just by hitting that button.

It was responding quite quickly

Posted via CB10
    Weird. Just tried again, thinking it might have been the bluetooth in my car causing the issue. Playing from speakerphone it doesn't pause either. Will try a hard reboot to see if it helps, but again not a huge issue.

Using STL100-4 Verizon

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:00 PM
    You have link installed on the computer and have connected your phone to it, right? This is to make sure the proper drivers are installed. Also make sure that you then close link before running the loader. If you have tried all of this you may need to re download, unless as pili suggested you already have. it's definitely extracted to an exe also right? Sorry if you have done all of those things. Just common reasons.
    Hey yes link is installed on my computer. I did the back up and disconnect as I've done with two previous leaks. Extracted it with the open it program. started up the unzipped file. started downloading and resetting as usual and then out of nowhere a quick flash of failed and it shuts immediately. Phone restarts and nothing has changed. I've downloaded the leak 3 times too lol.
    09-16-13 08:14 PM
    Hey yes link is installed on my computer. I did the back up and disconnect as I've done with two previous leaks. Extracted it with the open it program. started up the unzipped file. started downloading and resetting as usual and then out of nowhere a quick flash of failed and it shuts immediately. Phone restarts and nothing has changed. I've downloaded the leak 3 times too lol.
    Weird. Do you have the ability to try it all on a different computer?
    09-16-13 08:25 PM
    OK, I can now report that a hard reboot corrected the mute button play isssue.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:28 PM
    Weird. Do you have the ability to try it all on a different computer?
    Unfortunately I only have my laptop to try it on. I'm going to try a different program to unzip the file; hopefully thats the issue.
    09-16-13 08:34 PM
1,637 ... 5354555657 ...