01-14-14 05:18 PM
1,637 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Facebook worked fine for me, but I cannot get the phone to restore the Bluetooth link to my car stereo... have to pair every time I get into the car. I have deleted and re-found, turned Bluetooth on and off, reset the password key on the stereo and restarted the phone several times, but still when I get back in the car the phone and stereo won't automatically connect.... any ideas? The same set-up worked perfectly with 1371 and 1443!
    09-16-13 10:03 AM
    Question does this have the Andriod Run time already built into the leak? Or did i read that wrong somwhere?
    09-16-13 10:12 AM
    Question does this have the Andriod Run time already built into the leak? Or did i read that wrong somwhere?
    Yes it have,even in the official os you use got the android runtime

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:14 AM
    Android runtime is in the OS. We however sometimes leak newer version of the runtime that you can sideload.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    09-16-13 10:22 AM
    Sometimes more words help... I'm not 100% sure what you are asking so. a general answer:

Your media card is not backed up - if it is encrypted. You MUST copy the files over or decrypt it first else you loose access.

The internal files (documents, music, dowbloads) can be copies diver manually from the BlackBerry or (I cannot guarantee it encompasses all files) be transfered via synchronisation to a PC.

On BlackBerry 10 it is not possible to back up applications without a backup in BlackBerry Link - however you can back up the phone and only restore applications.

Contacts are either a part of media or settings, passwords from password keeper are backed up in settings and SMS ate backed up in settings - alternatively, some of these can also be backed up by a third party application.

If you do not restore applications from a backup, the only option is to download them from BlackBerry World again.

I hope this addressed your question - and whatever you do, I would still create a backup, just in case, even if ypu do not want to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Nice comprehensive explanation, detlev. One clarification - when apps restored thru Link, BBWorld still doesn't see them, and in order to get updates, you need to reinstall, so I'd recommend not bothering w the app restore, and just reload fr BBWorld. Only thing I'm not sure about are the app settings, and how keep those w/o restoring fr Link, and going thru the unnecessary download fr BBWorld.

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    09-16-13 10:36 AM
    Nice comprehensive explanation, detlev. One clarification - when apps restored thru Link, BBWorld still doesn't see them, and in order to get updates, you need to reinstall, so I'd recommend not bothering w the app restore, and just reload fr BBWorld. Only thing I'm not sure about are the app settings, and how keep those w/o restoring fr Link, and going thru the unnecessary download fr BBWorld.

That's the problem with not doing a restore--you lose the app settings, including the settings of the sideloaded Android apps, assuming you have re-sideloaded the Android apps before doing the "data" restore. So the question is whether it takes longer and is more annoying to have to re-download the apps from BB World over the existing apps, which is harmless enough in itself, or recreate the data in the apps if you haven't done a restore.

By the way, can you explain your "signature" regarding "autocorrect being for the birds." I know you have a Q10, but why is autocorrect bad on a Q10, and can't you just turn it off?
    09-16-13 10:46 AM
    By the way, can you explain your "signature" regarding "autocorrect being for the birds." I know you have a Q10, but why is autocorrect bad on a Q10, and can't you just turn it off?
    LOL - it means I don't use autocorrect b/c I have a real physical keyboard. While I know it's possible to have autocorrect w/ the Q, I believe it's impossible to type w/o it on a touchscreen phone. I personally cannot use a touchscreen keyboard, and am eschewing the beauty of being able to truly touchtype on a real keyboard.

EDIT: and yes, the reason that post was edited so many times was b/c I was using my wife's mini-notebook, and having difficulty w/ her 80% sized qwerty keyboard. I am routinely faster on my Q's physical keyboard, sadly. Thumb-strain anyone?
    09-16-13 10:51 AM

As Ken points out below - data is not restoer when you skip the app restore.
    How important that is will vary - depending on the apps you use. Of you have a game, you might want to retain the progress in which case you can only restore.
    Installing an application from BlackBerry World again does not delete any application settings in a restored application.

Posted via CB10

Edit: below your post, above this post.
    09-16-13 11:03 AM
    Some really good advice given on here over and over again is:"Never restore AppData"! For whatever reason, restoring AppData corrupts files in a great percentage of restores. It is much better to start new or clean as they say. Only restore settings, and media if you want-but not necessary if your media is on an SD card. And, restoring nothing is the safest.
    Also, android side-loaded apps are never backed up or restored. You always have to reinstall them. One option, if you are using DDPB to sideload, is that this program/installer keeps a copy of the bar files ypu downloaded, and therefore all you have to do is plug the phone in and check all in the box and install. It may take a few minutes but it will install all of them again. Same goes for BBW. You open BBW/sign in if needed, click on "my apps" and then uninstalled. Once there-"check all" or apps you want back, and click on "install". BBW will then reinstall them. You will have to grant permissions and redo your email addresses, but other than that, it's a walk in the park and we'll worth the little bit of extra time.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:05 AM
    At&t, STL-3. Installed this on Saturday and did security wipe after install. Restored via Link from .1443. This build has been running hot for me from the beginning now I'm seeing System CPU usage hovering around 48% and severe battery drain even after a restart. Downgrading back to .1443 as the battery on that build (for me anyways) was fantastic and it gave me zero issues.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe I did something wrong?
    09-16-13 11:05 AM
    I am assuming you use carddav, set up the account via Advance setting in Email and key in www.google.com as server, instead of using GMail setup. That took care of the duplicate since 10.1.0.2xxx.

Posted via CB10
    I used the advanced setup. See the following screen shots.

BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN-X, and SQR-X-20130916085809.jpg

BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN-X, and SQR-X-20130916090008.jpg

If I tap on the contacts sub-item, the server is www.google.com.
    09-16-13 11:06 AM

Contacts are either a part of media or settings, passwords from password keeper are backed up in settings and SMS ate backed up in settings - alternatively, some of these can also be backed up by a third party application.

Posted via CB10
    I would put $$ on the Contacts being part of Settings as well, I tried to restore w/o settings, just Media and App Data. None of my contacts were restored BUT dark theme did work until I restored Settings. Then I got back my contacts and my SMS convos, and now Contacts won't go dark.

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1443 Unlocked Runtime)
    09-16-13 11:06 AM
    Device: Q10
    Device Model: SQN 100-3
    Issue/Question: Contact app cannot sent to light theme
    It's a little messed up, it says dark but you see light, you close it light it comes out dark next time without a reboot...

To me this is one of those live with it bugs...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:08 AM
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3
    Just wondering if anyone else is running Wallpaper Changer HD from Shao?

Every time I unlock my device, and at random times, it keeps telling me that my wallpaper has been set. Only OS it has done this on, and I've pretty much run them all so far. lol
    I love the dark theme to much to revert to an older OS. I guess I'll just keep it closed for now, and yes I have deleted and reinstalled it already.
    09-16-13 11:15 AM
    Installed on my Q10, will see how it behaves and will report
    09-16-13 11:21 AM
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3
    Just wondering if anyone else is running Wallpaper Changer HD from Shao?

Every time I unlock my device, and at random times, it keeps telling me that my wallpaper has been set. Only OS it has done this on, and I've pretty much run them all so far. lol
    I love the dark theme to much to revert to an older OS. I guess I'll just keep it closed for now, and yes I have deleted and reinstalled it already.
    Yes same here. Seems like every few min it changes although it seems to be slowing down a bit now
    homer1475 likes this.
    09-16-13 11:29 AM
    Yes same here. Seems like every few min it changes although it seems to be slowing down a bit now
    I loaded the OS yesterday, and it has done it on every unlock. Quite annoying, so I'll just keep it closed and maybe send Shao a PM to see if he can look into it. As long as I know its not just me having the problem. Was just about to security wipe to see if it fixed it, guess I wont now.
    09-16-13 11:34 AM
    Not available in the hub sms, not available sms from app on screen, is possible send sms only from contacts or by share.
    With the app Evernote that don't work is the only issues of a fabulous firmware.
    Hi.

Vitos
    09-16-13 11:43 AM
    Some really good advice given on here over and over again is:"Never restore AppData"! For whatever reason, restoring AppData corrupts files in a great percentage of restores. It is much better to start new or clean as they say. Only restore settings, and media if you want-but not necessary if your media is on an SD card. And, restoring nothing is the safest.
    Also, android side-loaded apps are never backed up or restored. You always have to reinstall them. One option, if you are using DDPB to sideload, is that this program/installer keeps a copy of the bar files ypu downloaded, and therefore all you have to do is plug the phone in and check all in the box and install. It may take a few minutes but it will install all of them again. Same goes for BBW. You open BBW/sign in if needed, click on "my apps" and then uninstalled. Once there-"check all" or apps you want back, and click on "install". BBW will then reinstall them. You will have to grant permissions and redo your email addresses, but other than that, it's a walk in the park and we'll worth the little bit of extra time.

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone know where Password Keeper data would be stored in the backup? Settings? That's really the only thing I care about in my restores.
    09-16-13 11:58 AM
    I installed the Leak last night, every thing went smoothly. Followed all the installation instructions.
    Now the problem. I use Waze for navigation, and now when I launch it I get a message saying "can't connect to network".
    I am using the Z10 STL-4.
    Please advice.
    Thanks in advance

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    09-16-13 12:02 PM
    Does anyone know where Password Keeper data would be stored in the backup? Settings? That's really the only thing I care about in my restores.

Password keeper is an app, so it would be in App Data.

I do restores on all of my OS loads and I have not had a problem yet
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-16-13 12:04 PM
    Problem with sms on Z10 stl-2.

Vitos
    09-16-13 12:09 PM
    I installed the Leak last night, every thing went smoothly. Followed all the installation instructions.
    Now the problem. I use Waze for navigation, and now when I launch it I get a message saying "can't connect to network".
    I am using the Z10 STL-4.
    Please advice.
    Thanks in advance

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    Waze works fine for me on the Q10. I've got my Z10 updated to this release but haven't tried Waze yet.
    09-16-13 12:09 PM
    use cloud built into the game, settings cloud
    09-16-13 12:15 PM
    Waze works fine for me on the Q10. I've got my Z10 updated to this release but haven't tried Waze yet.
    Please do let me know after you try it on the Z.
    Thanks
    09-16-13 12:21 PM
1,637 ... 5152535455 ...