01-14-14 05:18 PM
1,637 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    HELP.

I installed the new OS 1725 no problem. Restored from backup no problem. I realized I forgot to wipe my device before restore, so I figured I'd wipe it then do the restore again.

Well now during the wipe, my phone is stuck on this screen?
    I think you noticed the wipe was in process

Posted via CB10 with my Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    09-15-13 12:15 PM
    Anyone able to get the CBC news app to work?

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    Yes, i have the CBC News app working on my Z10. Initial install of the app kept crashing. I waited for the new OS to settle a bit. I deleted the CBC News app. Did a hard reset. Install the CBC News app again and now it is working well. Installed the app this morning.
    09-15-13 12:16 PM
    After reading through the whole thread. I noticed that the Squircle is missing. Anyone else have that bug? It's imperative. Cmon BlackBerry, fix this issue!
    Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    09-15-13 12:18 PM
    Hi everybody, I found the way around my previously reported problem with Contact App photos disappearing from my Contacts App file when the phone is reset. Turns out that all contacts must be imported to the phone's memory before the association to a photo will stick on reset of the phone. If the contact is currently stored on the phone's SIM card only, and a photo is associated to it, that photo will disappear on reset of the phone from the Contact App file (with the exception of BBM contacts which retain the association). Note, this works on 10.2.0.1443 and I have not tried it yet on 10.2.0.1725. Will somebody out there try this and let me know? I gave up on 1725 and moved back to 1443 because of this problem and thought it was a 1725 bug. I may have been too hasty, since I had not experimented long enough to realize how to fix the issue. Anyway, what I have suggested works on 1443. Likely, this is only a problem for those that are not using Link to reinstall data after a new OS install. I have been relying on the contacts having been stored on the SIM and have not bothered to use Link. I have routinely reinstalled all apps from Blackberry Word and data by hand to fully evaluate a fresh OS install because of the problems that have been noted by using Link to restore.

For the Blackberry code crew, I would like to see contacts stored in an identified folder on the phone which is viewable when you connect the phone to a PC via the supplied USB cable. Right now, the storage location is hidden. I would also like the Contacts App to scan the Micro SD card for a contacts folder (if it does not now) so that I can use my PC to transfer Contact data from the identified location on the phone to my Micro SD. Then Contacts would act like my music data (350 albums) which is found by the Music App after each new OS is installed. The same applies to the Photo App which scans my Micro SD for stored photos. Also, the Contact App should give the option of storing contacts on the Micro SD. Just a suggestion and keep those leaks coming!
    09-15-13 12:30 PM
    CBC News appears to be broken, I'm stuck with the Globe & Mail for now.
    I have the CBC News app working on my Z10. Deleted the app initially because it was crashing. Did hard reset and installed CBC News app this morning. Working perfectly for me.
    09-15-13 12:30 PM
    Flawless. Thank you.

Z10-4 10.2.0.1725 via CB10
    09-15-13 12:32 PM
    I just noticed I have the same bug, no Squircle, where where has it gone.
    in_loco_nomen and LazyEvul like this.
    09-15-13 12:43 PM
    I just noticed I have the same bug, no Squircle, where where has it gone.
    Really? It's been gone for awhile

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725
    09-15-13 12:45 PM
    Really? It's been gone for awhile

Really habsfan? Have you visited our thread? squircle waiting room?
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    09-15-13 12:51 PM
    I finally got enough time to load a leak. Ive always been a little nervous about doing it because I live by my smart phone, but wowit really is easy. Thank you to the BerryLeaks team for making this available. The longest part was the wipe. Total process including restore was less than 2 hours.
    It has been less than 24 hours and yet the battery life is already leveling out and appears to be MUCH better than the current Verizon version. I would normally be down to 60-70% by now but am sitting at 90%. That is a major improvement and well worth the risk.
    09-15-13 12:56 PM
    Really habsfan? Have you visited our thread? squircle waiting room?
    Nope

stooy leown likes this.
    09-15-13 12:56 PM
    Any information on the camera? Any added functionality?
    The camera now has the ability to capture photos of the Squircles seen i the wild.
    09-15-13 12:58 PM
    I installed BBM channels through the beta zone app. Is there any way to go back to the original BBM that came with 1725 so I can have the dark theme?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:59 PM
    Has anyone noticed the following?

Attachment 201790

I have the same thing on mine. I paired my phone with the Ford Sync system on my truck. Not sure if it was added after that or if it was there to start.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    09-15-13 01:11 PM
    How to set dark theme for BBM?
    I have already set for text messages, but dunno how to set for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    If you have channels installed, you won't get the dark theme. Otherwise, you can make the selection in the BBM settings:

BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN-X, and SQR-X-img_00001383.png

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1725
    09-15-13 01:18 PM
    Further observations after my security wipe:

-The initial setup went even better after the wipe, though there was still some stutter when pulling carrier settings, but no other issues arose.
    -If you use LastPass, upon first launching it, the app might use the Simple Password keyboard for some bizarre reason. Force closing it and restarting seemed to fix it.
    -Speaking of LastPass, Android Player doesn't play very nice when the device is busy syncing all of your accounts. Made copying passwords from LastPass a little less smooth than I'd have hoped. All the more reason for LastPass to go native!
    -And speaking of setting up your accounts, the Evernote setup was unusually slow. Took a while to load the login page, and once I authorized it, it took a while to finish setting it up. Don't know if this had to do with the other accounts syncing at the time, but I haven't had this issue before.
    -The keyboard is better than ever. Seriously, it's giving me even more accurate predictions, there's definitely some improvements going on under the hood.
    -Bit of lag all-round lag while things sync up (especially in the Hub), but I guess that's to be expected with 5 email accounts, Outlook contacts and calendar, Facebook, Twitter, and Evernote syncing. Then again, I can't remember it being quite this bad for a while... but oh well, given a little bit of time it resumes being silky smooth.
    -Some issues syncing contact photos in the Contacts app. It seems that pretty much everything from Twitter synced, but a lot of Facebook photos are missing. I added my Twitter account after Facebook, so perhaps one interrupted the other somehow. Really wish they could finally get the Contacts app right, it's probably my biggest gripe with the OS right now.
    -They seem to have changed the behaviour of the unlock screen. When you're in an app and lock the screen, upon unlocking, the screen is black up until you complete the unlock animation, only then will it display the app. Home screen and Hub don't seem to be affected by this.
    -Still some minor lag when switching between screens in the Calculator app or the Clock app.
    -Speaking of the Clock app, seems to be an option to vibrate during alarms now. Don't remember it being there before.
    -Remote File Access is still buggy, though I suspect that's an issue on BlackBerry Link's end rather than the OS. Maybe Link 1.2 will address it.
    -When accessing the settings in the Search app (by swiping down from the top, not using the Settings app), all of the Categories and Extended options were blank at first. Had to exit the settings and go back in for them to appear.
    -In the Available apps page in BlackBerry World, BeBuzz 10 Pro won't show its download size. Every other app in that list shows it except for BeBuzz (including BeMaps).
    -Had a moment where the File Manager took a while to start up, was just sitting at a white screen for a few seconds.
    -The squircle is missing! Well, we all knew that... but still, I do rather miss it.

TL;DR: Still some work to be done, but it's a great OS all things considered. A lot of these issues will probably go away once it really settles in anyhow.
    trebass and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    09-15-13 01:18 PM
    I installed BBM channels through the beta zone app. Is there any way to go back to the original BBM that came with 1725 so I can have the dark theme?

Posted via CB10
    Use darcy's tools and extract it from the autoloader you used or reinstall. I don't know which file it is to extract. Don't like touching core apps. Someone may also have provided the link in the first few pages for others in different oses

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    09-15-13 01:20 PM
    Nope

You're missing out then

habs_fan likes this.
    09-15-13 01:21 PM
    what is this missing face focus feature? how do I invoke this feature usually? where to get the file to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    Face focus is a feature in the camera app in 10.2.1.200. Download the bar file below and sideload it onto your device:

https://mega.co.nz/#!CEkiDTaD!Yp7gi0...FZAN-8NMxaEA04
    09-15-13 01:22 PM
    If you restored after installing, it won't stick. Everyone has that issue.
    I restored, I now have the dark theme where I didn't before....go figure

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:26 PM
    Interesting bug found

If you delete the camera icon you cannot use the camera icon right under (with the new camera bar)

Also not from the lock screen

Posted via CB10
    That's not a bug. You deleted the camera app. Not just the icon.
    09-15-13 01:30 PM
    Unlocked Andoird.

As far as i read in this leaked android is locked. So my questions are simple:

1. Android Player of this leaked is better than the unlocked ?
    2. If i load the unlocked android player then what will go to happen with bar that it is diasplying in the android apps ?

Thanks a lot guys.
    1. The Android runtime in this build is newer than the unlocked version. Newer typically means more bugfixes.

2. The bottom bar is a feature of the runtime, so if you load the unlocked runtime it won't have the hideable bottom bar.
    09-15-13 01:32 PM
    This leak seems to use more power than 1443 on the Q10. Just doing normal tasks like texting or CB, it'll drain 1.x to 2.xW. Not like I'm doing intensive gaming or anything. Anyone else notice this?

AT&T SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    yes....but it's only been what? 36hrs?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:37 PM
    I have the CBC News app working on my Z10. Deleted the app initially because it was crashing. Did hard reset and installed CBC News app this morning. Working perfectly for me.
    That's because they released new update today!
    09-15-13 01:46 PM
    Hi everybody, I found the way around my previously reported problem with Contact App photos disappearing from my Contacts App file when the phone is reset. Turns out that all contacts must be imported to the phone's memory before the association to a photo will stick on reset of the phone. If the contact is currently stored on the phone's SIM card only, and a photo is associated to it, that photo will disappear on reset of the phone from the Contact App file (with the exception of BBM contacts which retain the association). Note, this works on 10.2.0.1443 and I have not tried it yet on 10.2.0.1725. Will somebody out there try this and let me know? I gave up on 1725 and moved back to 1443 because of this problem and thought it was a 1725 bug. I may have been too hasty, since I had not experimented long enough to realize how to fix the issue. Anyway, what I have suggested works on 1443. Likely, this is only a problem for those that are not using Link to reinstall data after a new OS install. I have been relying on the contacts having been stored on the SIM and have not bothered to use Link. I have routinely reinstalled all apps from Blackberry Word and data by hand to fully evaluate a fresh OS install because of the problems that have been noted by using Link to restore.

For the Blackberry code crew, I would like to see contacts stored in an identified folder on the phone which is viewable when you connect the phone to a PC via the supplied USB cable. Right now, the storage location is hidden. I would also like the Contacts App to scan the Micro SD card for a contacts folder (if it does not now) so that I can use my PC to transfer Contact data from the identified location on the phone to my Micro SD. Then Contacts would act like my music data (350 albums) which is found by the Music App after each new OS is installed. The same applies to the Photo App which scans my Micro SD for stored photos. Also, the Contact App should give the option of storing contacts on the Micro SD. Just a suggestion and keep those leaks coming!
    tl;dr

You need to do some formatting. I wonder if anybody will ever read that post.
    09-15-13 01:47 PM
1,637 ... 4142434445 ...