01-14-14 05:18 PM
1,637 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Did you restore application data? I got used to loosing bookmarks because I only restore settings and media, but it should backup if you check the "Application Data" too, at least I hope so. But I wish bookmarks from the native browser were synced via BlackBerry Protect, it's wuite a bummer to lose them every time I upgrade OS :/
    Just a thought (because I like troubleshooting issues, especially with native options) have you tried sharing links to Remember instead? Not sure whether you use a cloud PIM for syncing (I do) but that is one way to keep bookmarks handy and have them restore with new installations. Just make sure you're creating the item in a Remember folder that syncs - I don't know where it stores records for the backup/restore process.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    09-14-13 03:19 PM
    I thought I saw Kris post something about that app in the group. I haven't read ahead so he may have already responded...
    Harrumph, now how will I get my news?
    09-14-13 03:21 PM
    Uh, NEGATIVE Ghostrider...the pattern is full.

I mean: NO. That will not work.

EDIT: I thought I was wrong once. But I was mistaken.
    Love the Top Gun reference! LOL!
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-14-13 03:23 PM
    Advice needed on Android side loads:

I've been on 1047, using the unlocked Android runtime, and running all my Android apps without the debug file.

Is the Android runtime on this leak preferable to the older, unlocked version, that is, will it run most of the Android side loads that previously ran only on the unlocked runtime or that needed the debug token? There were some reports in this thread earlier about various Android side loads working, but I couldn't determine whether the older, unlocked Android runtime was still necessary or useful.

I've loaded this leak and am still in the process of wiping the Z10 100-3. I know it's better to side load the Android files before doing the Link restore so that the settings and registrations in the Android side loaded apps would be retained. So the question is, should I side load the Android apps using the 1725 Android runtime and then sideload the unlocked Android runtime later if necessary, or is it better to sideload the unlocked Android runtime first, then the Andoid apps, then do the restore?

Sorry for the repetition, but I wanted to be as clear as possible and avoid the "Are you asking whether to..." replies.
    My recommendation would be to sideload your runtime of choice (if not the one from the actual OS) before sideloading the apps.
    KenV54 likes this.
    Yes CBC was working fine last night, and this morning it's having issues

Posted via CB10
    [CENTER][B]BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725
    STL100-2/3/4 & SQN-X & SQR-X
    [SIZE=3]
    [I][SIZE=3]Special Features: Android Runtime without Navigation Bar & Dark Themes!
    HAPPY THANK YOU for the leaks

Torrent for STL100-2/3/4 - https://mega.co.nz/#!iMoEWZ5L
    Torrent for Android Runtime - https://mega.co.nz/#!HBYkzZQY
    Torrent for Individual files - https://mega.co.nz/#!fcQQwTRD

varunl had already upped the torrent for the Q-series.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9167536

Please let me know if you want anything else on Torrent....
    Last edited by ghundiraj; 09-14-13 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Added Q-10 link as supplied by user varunl
    09-14-13 03:26 PM
    For those wondering about if FB check in will work after a restore from previous os. Simple answer is yes. And no.

If u have a faulty check in now then when u make a backup. U most likely will have that bug carried into this os. Best solution is to not restore the settings part and start that fresh

As to issues with WhatsApp syncing proper with contacts. If it's not. After a bit of time. Then delete and re install it. Then after a while hit refresh in it. It will all be back.

Hope this helps

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    Thx for your reply. I'll try now. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:27 PM
    Would anyone want to package this up in a nice little torrent file?
    BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN-X, and SQR-X - Page 28 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

-- Check out our website at talksony.com or follow us on twitter @talksony1

Done
    09-14-13 03:27 PM
    Thanks BlackBerry Leaks! You're all wicked!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:30 PM
    BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1725 for STL100-2/3/4, SQN-X, and SQR-X-image.jpgI I keep getting this error whenever I try to open bbm from my hub. Works fine when I use the bbm app itself.
    09-14-13 03:31 PM
    Are there significant performance differences between the different models with this radio? I'm still running 10.1.0.4687 with radio 4688 because it has been flawless on my STL100-4. I know some of the leaks in 10.1 required different models to load up different radios to have optimal results. With all the comments on here, it's hard to judge whether the bugs are model specific, or just the same across the board.

I'm ready to finally make the jump to 10.2 but would like some feedback on performance with the Verizon models. Bueller? Bueller?
    In my experience, I've seen radio files for the entire Q series, the Z-1, Z-2/3, and Z-4. The 2/3 and 4 files are always identical in size. By comparing them in WinMerge, I did notice a few differences in how certain things are called, but I don't think those are critical to device operation - just optimizations. I could be completely wrong about that, too, though. I don't have expertise there.

With all of that said, the 1726 radio file included in this build is only Z-2/3. It WILL work on a Z-4, but it will not have those few lines (literally 2 or 3 differences) that are, for whatever reason, specific to the 4.

I hope that helps in some way.
    09-14-13 03:32 PM
    Just a thought (because I like troubleshooting issues, especially with native options) have you tried sharing links to Remember instead? Not sure whether you use a cloud PIM for syncing (I do) but that is one way to keep bookmarks handy and have them restore with new installations. Just make sure you're creating the item in a Remember folder that syncs - I don't know where it stores records for the backup/restore process.
    Acutally that's quite a brilliant idea. Not the easiest one, because you still need to open the links one by one and add them to bookmarks, but still close enough I sync my notes with Evernote, so I'll just create a new synced folder called Bookmarks and have it all backed up there. Thanks for sharing your wisdom
    09-14-13 03:33 PM
    Other than the camera bar from 10.2.1.200, are there any notable features worth extracting and sideloading over this new leak?

Posted via CB10
    None that I've found.
    09-14-13 03:33 PM
    Yes CBC was working fine last night, and this morning it's having issues

Posted via CB10
    User error.

09-14-13 03:36 PM
    Acutally that's quite a brilliant idea. Not the easiest one, because you still need to open the links one by one and add them to bookmarks, but still close enough I sync my notes with Evernote, so I'll just create a new synced folder called Bookmarks and have it all backed up there. Thanks for sharing your wisdom
    I agree it's a kludgy workaround, but I didn't harness the power of share to Remember for a long time. Once I realized how handy it can be, especially in terms of my aversion to backup/restore, I use it all the time now.

Were it me, I probably wouldn't even bother adding the bookmarks to Browser and just run them from Remember...but I'm not a heavy Browser user on my Z.
    09-14-13 03:39 PM
    ...and it seems I'm caught up. For now, at least.
    09-14-13 03:39 PM
    Backed up and restored via BlackBerry Link 1.2. Seems a tad bit faster than 1.1. Hopefully they make it quicker. Loading the OS is a few minute process. Hopefully the restore process is sped up quicker.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:42 PM
    I restored only apps (no settings), and all my apps came back. However, in BlackBerry World they still showed as "Available", so I re-downloaded. That's the only "glitch" I had with restore.

Also, I was having issues with Contacts on 10.2.1.200, but I think I found my problem. I was using ContactX to back up my contacts (even though my contacts are in the cloud - outlook.com), and that caused problems. I had multiple duplications, photos messed up, etc. I fully admit it was likely user error In any case, I deleted ContactX, deleted my outlook.com account, set it back up again and now my contacts are back to normal! I just have one lone facebook contact whose photo won't come back (anyone have a suggestion??). Otherwise, all perfect!
    Yes that is a known issue with most leaks. App World doesn't see ur restored apps. But it's no biggy. Just hit the download button in world again. And they will just repopulate itself again.

Also. The FB issue. That is also a re accurring thing. It sometimes just takes time for it to sync. Sometimes days. It's a FB issue in general.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    npisano likes this.
    09-14-13 03:47 PM
    I agree it's a kludgy workaround, but I didn't harness the power of share to Remember for a long time. Once I realized how handy it can be, especially in terms of my aversion to backup/restore, I use it all the time now.

Were it me, I probably wouldn't even bother adding the bookmarks to Browser and just run them from Remember...but I'm not a heavy Browser user on my Z.
    On PlayBook I also had a whole homepage dedicated to bookmarks, so I could create subfolders and didn't have to launch browser and go to bookmarks page. But since BB10 has a 16 icons limit per folder I didn't even bother.
    09-14-13 03:47 PM
    Does WiFi Calling on T-mobile US work on this build? I didn't see the General Disclaimers etc at the beginning of the thread, so I am not sure if it works or not. That's what has kept me off jumping on the 10.2 wagon. Can someone please confirm if that feature works/doesn't work on this build? Thank you,
    09-14-13 03:49 PM
    User error.

On their end

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:50 PM
    Here is a setup that is working for me at least, for leaks doing a clean install without loosing much data or not at all.

Contact X - to backup all contacts with photos.

SMS Backup - to backup all your SMS , save all photos or attachments to your device before installing new OS just in case.

Noted - to save and backup your notes.
    Evolution Browser - bookmark your sites here and back them up and you won't loose them after installing a new OS.

Email Archiver - to backup your mails, individually or all, if you don't get all your emails back especially old ones after setting your email accounts back, this does the trick. It does not restore them, but you will have them archived and can see them when you want to.

One more thing, after you do the backup from all apps that let you do so, copy the entire device memory to your computer on a folder so you can copy all back to your phone after the OS install. That way you won't loose the WhatsApp info to restore settings from it and from other programs, especially android apps and printer apps that save scan pictures on the device (most of this info is in the misc folder). You don't need to backup your SD CARD as this is not erased during the OS Install, you may remove it from your device if you wish but is not necessary.

Then restore your apps and sideload your other apps.

Then restore from the apps I mention above and others you may have.

Then setup your mail accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443 w/last unlocked android and dark themes on AT&T
    09-14-13 03:56 PM
    does anyone know which version of android runtime is running on this leak?
    should i sideload the latest leaked 4.2.2?
    09-14-13 03:58 PM
    New category?...just thinkin'...
    Not quite sure how to include this in leakCheck with a 10.2.1 leak available
    09-14-13 03:58 PM
    does anyone know which version of android runtime is running on this leak?
    should i sideload the latest leaked 4.2.2?
    The runtime version is 10.2.0.123, corresponding to Android 4.2.2. If you're wondering about loading the leaked runtime that allows turning off the back bar, then you don't need to worry; this OS is where that runtime came from.
    tomsobon likes this.
    09-14-13 03:59 PM
1,637 ... 2627282930 ...