01-14-14 05:18 PM
1,637 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I agree regarding consistency across the entire OS. And an option for automatic switching based on ambient light or time of day would be cool too.
    Ya, I wish there was a system-wide option. When I'm indoors I like dark theme, but outside in the sun the light theme is easier to read.

Would be cool if there was a toggle in the homescreen settings pull-down shade.

Even better, a few "slots" in the pull-down shade that were configurable, so you could put whatever you wanted there.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    09-14-13 02:33 PM
    And this works? You've tested on Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. Now I've only used the mix for about 12hr, I'm not seeing a problem with this radio. Sure I'd rather take a new one if it works, but again, not seeing a drastic drain etc. Seems very smooth so far

EDIT: i think I'm safe to assume kris or another member tried that radio. So I'm a bit befuddled.
    Last edited by stooy leown; 09-14-13 at 02:48 PM.
    09-14-13 02:33 PM
    Just loaded this up in my Z10, giving the leaks another go. Did not do a restore and have not reloaded my Android apps yet, but overall the os seems really solid. No problems noted yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:35 PM
    Thank you, leakers!
    09-14-13 02:36 PM
    Are there significant performance differences between the different models with this radio? I'm still running 10.1.0.4687 with radio 4688 because it has been flawless on my STL100-4. I know some of the leaks in 10.1 required different models to load up different radios to have optimal results. With all the comments on here, it's hard to judge whether the bugs are model specific, or just the same across the board.

I'm ready to finally make the jump to 10.2 but would like some feedback on performance with the Verizon models. Bueller? Bueller?
    09-14-13 02:38 PM
    Advice needed on Android side loads:

I've been on 1047, using the unlocked Android runtime, and running all my Android apps without the debug file.

Is the Android runtime on this leak preferable to the older, unlocked version, that is, will it run most of the Android side loads that previously ran only on the unlocked runtime or that needed the debug token? There were some reports in this thread earlier about various Android side loads working, but I couldn't determine whether the older, unlocked Android runtime was still necessary or useful.

I've loaded this leak and am still in the process of wiping the Z10 100-3. I know it's better to side load the Android files before doing the Link restore so that the settings and registrations in the Android side loaded apps would be retained. So the question is, should I side load the Android apps using the 1725 Android runtime and then sideload the unlocked Android runtime later if necessary, or is it better to sideload the unlocked Android runtime first, then the Andoid apps, then do the restore?

Sorry for the repetition, but I wanted to be as clear as possible and avoid the "Are you asking whether to..." replies.
    The main advantage of the runtime that is baked into this leak it that you can hide the bottom bar. So if the bar annoyed you previously and you know how to use debug token, I would leave it as is, install all your apps with the token and then perform a restore to get your settings back. But if you're struggling with the debug token and don't want to/have no time to learn the method, then you should probably sideload the unlocked runtime, install your apps without the debug token and restore settings. Hope it helps
    KenV54 likes this.
    09-14-13 02:40 PM
    Other than the camera bar from 10.2.1.200, are there any notable features worth extracting and sideloading over this new leak?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:41 PM
    Ok am I totally missing something here or what? I loaded 1725, checked dark theme it was there on all contacts,calendar, bbm and text. Then did my restore and now no way can i get the dark theme on contacts to stick.All the rest have dark theme, I set it close it and still white. What am I missing?
    09-14-13 02:41 PM
    Ok am I totally missing something here or what? I loaded 1725, checked dark theme it was there on all contacts,calendar, bbm and text. Then did my restore and now no way can i get the dark theme on contacts to stick.All the rest have dark theme, I set it close it and still white. What am I missing?
    Yep, that's a common issue, a lot of folks including me are unable to save the settings with the dark theme in contacts app. It works only if you do not restore your backup.
    09-14-13 02:44 PM
    I have to say that being on a Z10 I haven't had too much experience with the dark theme but so far I do really like it. It would be nice to see a system wide setting in the future.

Edit: I love how polished this OS is getting. Keep moving BlackBerry.
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-14-13 02:44 PM
    The main advantage of the runtime that is baked into this leak it that you can hide the bottom bar. So if the bar annoyed you previously and you know how to use debug token, I would leave it as is, install all your apps with the token and then perform a restore to get your settings back. But if you're struggling with the debug token and don't want to/have no time to learn the method, then you should probably sideload the unlocked runtime, install your apps without the debug token and restore settings. Hope it helps
    Exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks!
    09-14-13 02:46 PM
    hmmm is the Android player locked?
    09-14-13 02:48 PM
    How about for z10? Having trouble downloading from mega.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    Can you post the mega link you want downloading? I'll get it reuploaded to Google Docs for you
    09-14-13 02:51 PM
    Just to go against the grain here, I'll state for the record that I prefer the "light" theme.
    I like it too, but it's nice to have something different for a change. Plus, you can go back and forth, which is also nice.

BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon | 10.2.0.1725 @addm | In Squircle We Trust
    09-14-13 02:52 PM
    hmmm is the Android player locked?
    It is but you can load the leaked runtime that was leaked by BL on this OS.

09-14-13 02:53 PM
    haven't bought one yet
    09-14-13 02:55 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks again, again! It's early in the game but this one has been rock solid and smooth in every way so far!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:04 PM
    Same with mine, it was working in contacts before I did my restore (I checked that specifically), and now it is gone again. Same with the Twitter and Facebook contacts keep coming back.

But I'm having issue with my text msgs getting mixed up, one contact has their msgs spread thru about 6 or 7 others and it won't lemme delete them. Mind you my restore got interrupted, so that may be cause, gotta wipe and see.

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.0.1443 Unlocked Runtime)
    09-14-13 03:05 PM
    FYI I have had that happen to me as well. And what I did was actually run the restore again for that part. In one case it took three tries for it to fully restore all my stuff. Might want to give that a try. Sometimes. The restore doesn't fully restore.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    I restored only apps (no settings), and all my apps came back. However, in BlackBerry World they still showed as "Available", so I re-downloaded. That's the only "glitch" I had with restore.

Also, I was having issues with Contacts on 10.2.1.200, but I think I found my problem. I was using ContactX to back up my contacts (even though my contacts are in the cloud - outlook.com), and that caused problems. I had multiple duplications, photos messed up, etc. I fully admit it was likely user error In any case, I deleted ContactX, deleted my outlook.com account, set it back up again and now my contacts are back to normal! I just have one lone facebook contact whose photo won't come back (anyone have a suggestion??). Otherwise, all perfect!
    09-14-13 03:06 PM
    BBM too, but only the version that comes with the OS, not the Channels Beta version. Not trying to step on your toes Mr. Wei, just trying to help

No worries at all...I forgot about BBM because I'm one of those guys who installs the Channels beta first thing.
    09-14-13 03:07 PM
    Just to go against the grain here, I'll state for the record that I prefer the "light" theme.
    Ah, but is it the "light" theme, or the "bright" theme? Depends on the app in which you're changing the option.
    PJD642 and toobs623 like this.
    09-14-13 03:08 PM
    I do like the dark themes, but not as much as the squircle. And yeah, it's a trivial reason, but 1047 has been very stable and fast for me, so still unpersuaded. Plus I don't sideload android apps, not being a major app fan. The only thing I might consider moving for is spotify....

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    I gladly admit that I also love (and miss) the squircle...but I will definitely throw my support in favor of the fact that 1047 is just a darn solid OS too.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    09-14-13 03:11 PM
    Restored with link 1.2. No issues.
    Only thing I can say that in BlackBerry World I can't see all my apps in the zone my world. Should I download them again or will updates get notified anyway?

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    09-14-13 03:13 PM
    Anybody else notice CBC news app crashing? All others ( many side loaded ) work fine
    I thought I saw Kris post something about that app in the group. I haven't read ahead so he may have already responded...
    09-14-13 03:16 PM
    Try a different USB port, cable etc.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    Device restarted 18 times and said there was an error remounting. I guess I will need a new USB cord?
    09-14-13 03:19 PM
1,637 ... 2526272829 ...