01-08-14 06:30 AM
591 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    device: Z10
    model: STL-100-1
    issues:

1) I installed this latest OS and we've noticed that the calendar is not syncing properly. its reporting some invites reckoned from a different time zone.

2) could not reload data from back up saying BlackBerry ID is not associated with device

already reloaded OS twice. performed security swipe. restarted phone several times.

running OS for more than 24hrs now. noted improved battery life.
    Last edited by omel18181; 09-10-13 at 07:36 PM.
    09-10-13 08:19 AM
    Hi I'm finally able to restore my z10 with an older backup file. Its been running for almost 24 hour and everything is stable. Except it sometimes says that sim card is full & I need to delete some message. Anyone encounter this sort of problems? Any ideas how to overcome this? Help would be much appriciated guys. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:36 AM
    Work after install unlock runtime.. =)

Posted via CB10
    The unlocked runtime will cause a battery drain I will promise I tested this... hard used with out unlocked runtime, gives me like 9 hours, with the unlocked runtime gives me 7 hours, I am still waiting for more native apps

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:55 AM
    Corporate email account setup on 10.2.0.1521.

The email setup process outlined in previous posts works fine for my personal gmail account (going into advance settings, etc). Is there a similar process for setting up corporate accounts. We run Lotus Notes with BES10 and Exchange Activesync. I had the stop sign with the message "Unable to send emails. Please try again later" or "Protocol layer unable to send a message" on the official MR for the STL100-1 as well as leaks and unofficial releases up to 10.2.0.1047. I eventually had to go all the way back to OS 10.1.0.2354 to get emails working properly.

From what I recall after entering the initial password on the first email setup screen, I get another pop-up asking for my current Notes email password. I cant recall if there is an advanced setup option on this screen. From my previous setups of the corporate email account, I have looked at the advanced settings screen post setup and these are mostly locked down to the server defaults as determined by our BES admin.

Having requested around 7/8 password resets in the past, I'd really like to get this right first time on the 10.2.0.1521 setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I have already pulled the trigger on the firmware update and setup everything except my corporate email account. Smooth sailing on everything else so far...
    09-10-13 10:44 AM
    Hey guys, here's my experience with the 1521:

The phone feels better overall, moves amazingly fast between all the menus, hotspot works, battery feels better than the 1047, phone was stable as hell, but now feels more solid, i love the phone over any Iphone or Galaxy (i had both of them), the only thing that was driving me nuts sice the start of my love relationship with the Z1 was that it used to show the facebook contacts in the contacts app, even after unchecking it in the options, now the option stays disabled and and dont have to browse through all the contacts anymore, but the problem remains in the phone app, in the contacts sub section it shows all the contacts on the phone, some are duplicates and even shows the facebook contacts, but i dont use it to browse my contacts, that was more like an accidental discovery, and perhaps happens only in my case; also, the first call i made today, appeared like it was made yesterday, but it solved after closing the phone app .

I had no problem setting the gmail passwords, i've installed the unlocked runtime and the most common sideloaded apps works (instagram, skype, candy crush, subway surfers) facebook notificacion works, thats all i can say.

I wiped after the phone flashed, then restored from my 1047 backup, and everything was there except sideloaded apps obviously.

Thanks to the leak team and Kris, and all the others that posted their experiences before me, bye.

PD: Sorry about my english.
    09-10-13 11:46 AM
    Still having issues with the unlocked android runtime on this new leak so I extracted the default runtime files for this leak using Darcy's Tools and now I'm good. Managing a debug token ain't bad anyway

Thanks to Kris *hugs*

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10 Running BlackBerry 10.2
    09-10-13 01:46 PM
    Heads-up People...If you've installed Android games with OBB data and are going to install the Unlocked Android Runtime with the new 10.2.0.1521; make sure you make a copy of your "Device/misc/android/Android/obb" folder before you install the leaked OS and then copy it back after you've installed the Unlocked Android Runtime, then side-loaded the android apps and then done the BB Link Restore (Best sequence to have all the Android files restored into the folders you had).

I made this mistake and lost my GTA3 save games. So yeah; do that, people...

One day when I'm excessively bored, I will write a nice walkthrough on doing the OS upgrade with all the game data etc...until then...blegh.
    09-10-13 06:51 PM
    issues:

1) I installed this latest OS and we've noticed that the calendar is not syncing properly. its reporting some invites reckoned from a different time zone.

2) could not reload data from back up saying BlackBerry ID is not associated with device

already reloaded OS twice. performed security swipe. restarted phone several times.

2) try logging into bbid on the phone settings and change your password. Then go to link sign out and login with the new password....see if that works.

3) turn off location services, do a hard reset and then turn back on location services, then see if u can enable bb protect.

>Zedding since the beginning<
    09-10-13 07:46 PM
    hey guys....
    I updated my z10 from .1047 to .1521 after full backup was done....
    but when i tried to restore it keeps telling me restore did not complete ( verify that your phone is turned on or connected ) something like that

Anyone can help plzz !!
    09-10-13 09:25 PM
    issues:

Have you log in into your blackberry id in the BB link? If not, login first an then reconnect your phone.
    09-10-13 09:44 PM
    Gmail contacts not pushing / pulling to Z10 after install.

My Gmail contacts which is now my primary contact management tool aren't pulling through to the handset/ appearing in the contacts screen.

I've deleted the account twice with a restart and out of desperation a battery pull. Contacts from FB, LinkedIn, Twitter are all fine.

I can't seem to add the Gmail contacts in the contacts settings ad per screenshot below.

As always assistance is appreciated
    BerryLeaks Presents: 10.2.0.1521 for STL100-1 (yes, you read that right)-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:43 PM
    How to install it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 01:54 AM
    Something strange that I've come across with this leak is with the native Twitter app and Blaq.

The native twitter app refuses to update the time line and Blaq seems to be working only on wi-fi.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Blaq, but it doesn't work without wi-fi.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:14 AM
    Some apps like camscanner and winamp which were sideloaded on 10.2.0.1047 on z10-slt 100-1, are not working after this leak ie 10.2.0.1521. Native evernote not working, but sideloaded evernote works fantastic. Tried sideloading software data cable after conversion from apk to bar fikle, but it wouldnt load. Updraded to unlocked runtime 105, but reverted to original with this leak, ie 97. Not much diff. Camscanner and winamp just wont work, shows "unfortunately "app" has stopped".

Any suggestions/help.
    Last edited by Sanjoov; 09-11-13 at 08:28 AM.
    09-11-13 08:01 AM
    I'm not too sure what to make of this leak, but it's been three days now or four but it's inconsistent with battery life and overall performance. Battery still heats just after full charge and just before it runs empty. The predictive text is slower and is not as effective as on the 1047. One thing is i no longer have missed calls like on 1047. Maybe i need a few more days for the OS to settle in

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:23 AM
    Gmail contacts not pushing / pulling to Z10 after install.

My Gmail contacts which is now my primary contact management tool aren't pulling through to the handset/ appearing in the contacts screen.

I've deleted the account twice with a restart and out of desperation a battery pull. Contacts from FB, LinkedIn, Twitter are all fine.

I can't seem to add the Gmail contacts in the contacts settings ad per screenshot below.

As always assistance is appreciated

Posted via CB10
    Try adding them seperately via carddav
    09-11-13 08:45 AM
    I sideloaded evernote from android and it works beautifully.
    09-11-13 09:28 AM
    Only problems I experienced so far are the lagging when minimizing the video app, the browser closing by itself and google search not responding immediately to key presses.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:26 AM
    Only problems I experienced so far are the lagging when minimizing the video app, the browser closing by itself and google search not responding immediately to key presses.

Posted via CB10
    Since 10.2.0.1323 the browsers apps had issues load the version 10.2.0.97 from the 1323 apps

Os 10.2.0.1521 Stl-1
    09-11-13 03:28 PM
    I'm not happy with this leak, battery is an issue it has been draining out in 7 to 8 hours lately with moderate use and then takes the same number of hours to fully charge , i and tempted to downgrade to 1047, any suggestions on what to do or must i reload the OS again?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:52 PM
    I'm not happy with this leak, battery is an issue it has been draining out in 7 to 8 hours lately with moderate use and then takes the same number of hours to fully charge , i and tempted to downgrade to 1047, any suggestions on what to do or must i reload the OS again?

Posted via CB10
    Turn the phone off for a half hour or so, see if that helps.
    09-11-13 10:59 PM
    Sorry for stupid question, but is the official build of 10.2 that'll released was 10.2.0.xxx or 10.2.1.xxx?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:36 AM
    Some apps like camscanner and winamp which were sideloaded on 10.2.0.1047 on z10-slt 100-1, are not working after this leak ie . Native evernote not working, but sideloaded evernote works fantastic. Tried sideloading software data cable after conversion from apk to bar fikle, but it wouldnt load. Updraded to unlocked runtime 105, but reverted to original with this leak, ie 97. Not much diff. Camscanner and winamp just wont work, shows "unfortunately "app" has stopped".

Any suggestions/help.
    I am on 10.2.0.1521
    Loaded Unlocked Runtime https://mega.co.nz/#F!I80mUThQ!Ee9InGz3uTMAIDqdI1p5aQ and all sideloaded apps are now working.
    Loaded Camera and Alarm - Facefocus and Vibrate working.
    09-12-13 04:40 AM
    i installed 10.2.0.1521 for STL100-1 its working gud but my bbm is not open or restore can u tell me if u know y its not working .

thanx.
    09-12-13 07:49 AM
    i installed 10.2.0.1521 for STL100-1 its working gud but my bbm is not open or restore can u tell me if u know y its not working .

thanx.
    Load bbm channels

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-1 running 10.2.0.1521
    09-12-13 09:20 AM
591 ... 1920212223 ...