01-08-14 07:30 AM
591 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    My os is curently 10.1.0.4633 . I want to use this leaked os, can i? Or should i download the previous leaked os?
    And how to backup those app on my phone?
    And i use to buy some app, if i use this leaked os, will it be deleted? Should i pay again if i want a new update from the app?

Thanks x)

Posted via CB10
    If your phone is z10 STL 100-1, yes you can install this leak.
    You don't have to pay again for the apps you have bought, you would only need to download those again from BBW, they won't ask you for payment again.

Before you install, and for your other questions, do read the OP and also check the video on how to install leaks, which is also in OP. That should answer your queries.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:02 AM
    BerryLeaks Presents: 10.2.0.1521 for STL100-1 (yes, you read that right)-img_20130692.png

This is at 7:22pm, phone was off charger at 7:00am sharp.

- Usage includes phone calls, whatsapp, BBM, occasional browsing. I would say moderate usage. Heavier usage might have drained it flat

But compared to. 1047 is much improved.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:23 AM
    OK folks. I installed the last leak in my Z10 and after three days working with it I can tell you that I am a happy owner of an extraordinary blackberry phone.... to say the least this is the best mobile phone I have had.... all the issues I had with the previous OS10 versions had been corrected in the 10.2.0.1521 leaked update. Battery life improved, hot spot working.. snappy ui response ... all apps running without a glitch... so I am wondering this morning why are there so many people whinning and bashing against this little marvel?. Seriously ... let's compare this smartphone against all the other competing products and no perfect competing alternative will arise... all have goods and wrongs. not enough for declaring the death of 10OS smartphones or that of the company that is producing it.
    The vast campaign against BlackBerry aside from its huge merchandising mistakes or even it's technical flaws don't make this company deserve such hatred, such massive media campaign to look after its retirement from the industry... all this is a nonsense and we users should be more objective at the moment of criticize the product not playing the game of whoever company that should be orchestrating the BlackBerry death..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:51 AM
    Best os so far, has big improvement in battery life, but sometimes doesn't recognize the sim card I don't know why. This is a small issue, rest is perfect

Posted via CB10
    butatx likes this.
    09-09-13 08:28 AM
    Its' been over a day since I have been running this after re-installing all my apps and side loads and this version is running PERFECTLY FINE. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES YET. There was some gmail sending issues which got resolved on removing and adding the account.
    I was never happy running 10.1 and 10.2.0.1047 didn't have hotspot for me so..

So thanks once again to berryleaks & kris !

BTW, does anyone know if Chrome can be run as a sideload ?
    I understand it needs android/play services framework so it won't run but on bb10bars.net there are a few hundred people who have clicked 'yes it runs'. I have tried it multiple times but no go - even installed play services but still nothing.
    No Chrome will not work side loaded to your device. As you mentioned it needs Google framework services which we have no access to.
    I was able to successfully side load one version of chrome but when I ran it, it would reboot my device.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx on steroids
    09-09-13 08:44 AM
    Best os so far, has big improvement in battery life, but sometimes doesn't recognize the sim card I don't know why. This is a small issue, rest is perfect

Posted via CB10
    +1, I always got sim card not supported for data since .1047, toggle radio OFF/ON solved the problem. Maybe because using cutted sim from normal size to mini size? I'll try to change the new sim with my carrier if I got time this week.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-09-13 08:47 AM
    This has been covered here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...battery-807279

It has a lot of user experiences doing this. Some think it only takes removing the battery for an hour regardless of the charge level. Don't worry, the advice will help set it OK.
    Thanks man. I tried it and it refused to charge past 60% but it's been over 8 hrs off charger and the battery is at 12% now. I'll let it shut down on its own and then recharge to see what happens this time around

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10 Running BlackBerry 10.2
    09-09-13 08:53 AM
    i have issue with word substitution
    for some reason, my word subs is not working, i thought maybe some of my input are double, but i re-check and still not working
    so i delete all my word subs and test with only one word subs, still the same, restart and test again, still same
    09-09-13 09:27 AM
    Thanks man. I tried it and it refused to charge past 60% but it's been over 8 hrs off charger and the battery is at 12% now. I'll let it shut down on its own and then recharge to see what happens this time around

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z10 Running BlackBerry 10.2
    I had this problem, I try drain my battery n pull out the battery for an hour then charge but still the problem persist, I tried this method for several times. Then I decided to charge the battery till it full (no matter what percentage, you will know it full by looking at the battery with equal sign) then flash new rom, now the battery show correct percentage. Start from now i'll only flash new rom after I charged my phone battery full.

09-09-13 09:57 AM
    I had this problem, I try drain my battery n pull out the battery for an hour then charge but still the problem persist, I tried this method for several times. Then I decided to charge the battery till it full (no matter what percentage, you will know it full by looking at the battery with equal sign) then flash new rom, now the battery show correct percentage. Start from now i'll only flash new rom after I charged my phone battery full.

The important thing in this method is that the Os, has to forget the battery capacity that is why u have to put the battery out it is an software+ hardware issue, because only stl1 has this problem, soooooo u have to let the battery out for more than 1 hour, this is the simple rule, even if the battery is drained or full.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:09 AM
    For me is working smooth. Battery life seems better than. 1047.

But I have a Call app problem: in call app, Contacts tab, I haven't in the right the quick search possibility by letter.

Anyone confirm that? Is it possible to load the call app from 1047?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:26 AM
    Battery life awesome.
    Loaded unlocked android runtime and all is running well.

Hot spot issue is resolved.

Overall seems more smoother and snappier.

Thanks for the leak guys. I'm loving it.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:37 AM
    But I have a Call app problem: in call app, Contacts tab, I haven't in the right the quick search possibility by letter.

Anyone confirm that? Is it possible to load the call app from 1047?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    It is ok now. I started the call app from the app icon (not the homescreen on bottom left), and the search options reappeared. Now is appear if I start to the Home screen (on the bottom near the search icon) too.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:43 AM
    I had this issue as well. Delete the account, wait ~30 minutes and add it back.
    Solve with add gmail account manually..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:02 AM
    Solve with add gmail account manually..

Posted via CB10
    Found an issue, cannot connect to yahoo mail by data network, only wifi, anyone??????????? It says that the server is unavailable,?!!!??? Whyyyy

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:11 AM
    So forgive my stupidness I can't use this on my Q10 can i

Posted via CB10
    Of course you can!

The only thing stopping you is your self. However that does not mean there may not be any "anomalies" that your device encounters with this software.

Best plan is to experience it yourself and report back you findings.

You can always try other releases or even revert back to the one you are presently using.

Happy testing!
    09-09-13 01:09 PM
    Just make sure ya keep in your back pocket the knowledge you've found in your readings here....totally priceless, and most vaulable....helped me out of a jam numerous occasions.
    09-09-13 01:39 PM
    Of course you can!

The only thing stopping you is your self. However that does not mean there may not be any "anomalies" that your device encounters with this software.

Best plan is to experience it yourself and report back you findings.

You can always try other releases or even revert back to the one you are presently using.

Happy testing!
    No they can't this is for the STL100-1 model only, if the user wants to softbrick his device, than yea he can install this. Don't respond if you don't know
    09-09-13 02:32 PM
    The only thing stopping you is your self.
    And that this isn't for his device...
    09-09-13 02:58 PM
    Well I'm happy to be back in action after a few days without BBM

With the pages and pages of junk in this thread I finally found the fix, loading the latest BlackBerry Channels.

09-09-13 03:10 PM
    No they can't this is for the STL100-1 model only, if the user wants to softbrick his device, than yea he can install this. Don't respond if you don't know
    Is softbricking not an "anomaly"?

Was a warning not given?

Was a "backway out" if an anomaly occurs, suggested?

Was it not implied clearly enough, that it is done for testing purposes?

Was it not implied that one should go into the adventure with some info and create his own knowledge?

Was the post not guidance into helping one learn?

When one 'knows'. It means they have 1st hand knowledge...from doing it themselves...other then relying on hearsay.

I Know what happened with mine, and now you claim I don't know?

I agree with you. So far as I don't know what will happen with the poster's device.

That is why I requested they report back.

Or Is this not for entertainment and testing purposes?

As far as I perceive things...this is not an official release for any device.

As I can always assume accountability for the advice I shell out, can you?

Thanks for your service Kris.

Posted from my consciousness to yours using a Q10 SQN100-3 10.2.0.1443
    09-09-13 03:11 PM

Was a warning not given?

Was it not implied that one should go into the adventure with some info and create his own knowledge?

When one 'knows'. It means they have 1st hand knowledge...from doing it themselves...other then relying on hearsay.

I agree with you. So far as I don't know what will happen with the poster's device.

This will not work on Q10 period, the Z10 STL100-1 runs a Ti OMAP chip, all other BlackBerries use a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip.

softbricking is not an anomaly, it's hardbricking that is

It was clearly stated this is for the STL100-1, not a STL100-2 or a SQN100 or a SQR or a STA model. STL100-1 ONLY

your entire post was a fail and I don't take kindly to people just saying random things.

if that user took your word, he'd have a new thread open asking how to fix his device because it's just blinking red lights

than in turn creates more work for anyone who has to walk that user through it

and btw I highly doubt you are running 10.2.0.1521 from this thread, even your sig says your running 10.2.0.1443 which is the latest for everyone else
    ryanza likes this.
    09-09-13 03:17 PM

Was a warning not given?

your words make me confused, it's hard to understand it, can you just to the point?
    this OS is just for stl-1, you just can sideload some of apps from here. but not install all include the radio, and from what 1st post said that this os basically the same with 1443, so there is no need to test anything. clear enough?

Kris you said a new OS will come this week, is it true?
    09-09-13 03:49 PM
    This will not work on Q10 period, the Z10 STL100-1 runs a Ti OMAP chip, all other BlackBerries use a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip.

softbricking is not an anomaly, it's hardbricking that is
    If it is not normal, then it is an anomaly.

If is normal then it is normal.

[/QUOTE]It was clearly stated this is for the STL100-1, not a STL100-2 or a SQN100 or a SQR or a STA model. STL100-1 ONLY[/QUOTE]

Here I agree. Had the poster read through the entire thread they would "know" this as well.

[/QUOTE]your entire post was a fail[/QUOTE]

This is your opinion.

[/QUOTE]and I don't take kindly to people just saying random things.[/QUOTE]

Nothing random in the posts I left in response to the user's post. All relevant... perhaps you may be unable to see that though.

[/QUOTE]if that user took your word, he'd have a new thread open asking how to fix his device because it's just blinking red lights[/QUOTE]

Take my word to what...go experience it for oneself? Would one not learn? Perhaps red lights one might see...then one would need to learn how to bring it back. So far sounds like one is learning.

[/QUOTE]than in turn creates more work for anyone who has to walk that user through it[/QUOTE]

Not helping them help themselves is far more dire. They will then be more likely to help others, therefore freeing up more of your and others energies.

[/QUOTE]and btw I highly doubt you are running 10.2.0.1521[/QUOTE]

Please show me where I claim this.

[/QUOTE]from this thread, even your sig says your running 10.2.0.1443 which is the latest for everyone else[/QUOTE]

This tells me you are a learned man.
    09-09-13 03:57 PM
    your words make me confused, it's hard to understand it, can you just to the point?
    this OS is just for stl-1, you just can sideload some of apps from here. but not install all include the radio, and from what 1st post said that this os basically the same with 1443, so there is no need to test anything. clear enough?

Kris you said a new OS will come this week, is it true?

Sorry if I had a part in your confusion!

Just to the point then...

Read the entire thread and all posts in the thread. You should then have enough info to get you through the process.

Don't forget... ENTIRE and ALL posts.

Don't kid yourself...It's all about testing!

To the point enough?
    Last edited by timeride; 09-09-13 at 04:09 PM. Reason: font adjust
    09-09-13 04:06 PM
591 ... 1718192021 ...