12-12-13 01:54 PM
2,047 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    This is about the 5th leak I've installed. The amount of time it takes for the OS to 'settle' has seemed to increase with each one. Not moaning, just saying...
    Your restore can cause it too.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    In fact it is the most likely cause, although I personally had a very bad experience with battery on this one.
    08-19-13 11:38 AM
    See page 2 or3 of this thread

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you're the guy who pointed me in that direction earlier, but done that, hence the further post.
    08-19-13 11:38 AM
    Sure, when the CPU works harder, it will consume more battery specially when the system do something heavier. The Quad Core will active both and need more battery. It is not linear battery consumption.
    Also higher battery consumption cause heat.
    I'm just catching up this morning, and I am confident someone else has responded to this and I'll look silly for duplicating, but....

While your post is generally accurate (of course increased CPU usage will drain battery and generate heat), I was struck by your mention of a "Quad Core," something that is not present in any BlackBerry devices currently available on the market.
    08-19-13 11:44 AM
    Loving it...

Only issues i still have is.. ever since the 2nd or 3rd 10.2 release "Mark Prior Read" still does not traverse sub-folders.. Have to "Select More", select all unread emails and then it works..

For me this Android runtime has been the best yet.
    08-19-13 11:55 AM
    I'm currently having three issues with 10.2.0.1323 that I wasn't successful finding in the FAQ or earlier in this thread. I installed 10.2.0.1323 after a backup from 10.1.0.4780 which I installed after a backup of 10.1.0.4687. All backups were restored using the recommended methods. After going through the setup the first time I performed a Security Wipe.

Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3, T-Mobile

* First Issue
    Issue/Question: WiFi calling icon is gone, not sure if calls are going over WiFi or not. After completing the initial set-up (both times) I was shown a new screen (not seen on the earlier builds) that calls, and txts?, would go over WiFi when connected to a WiFi network.
    Installing 10.2.0.1323 has resluted in this issue.

* Second Issue
    I have an Android app called "Mobuyle" that that I use for work. It is a phone credit card processing app that can use a swiper that is plugged into the speaker/mic plug. I have side loaded and used Mobuyle successfully on all 10.1 leaks including the swiper. After loading on 10.2.0.1323 the swiper no longer works.
    I have tried deleting and reloading the app.

* Third Issue
    Before reboot battery shown at 97% in Battery Guru and the icon showed almost full. After I rebooted the Z10, a reset reboot by holding down the button until the blue boot ring shows, the battery showed 54% in Battery Guru and the battery icon showed about half the battery charge gone. I haven't heard of this issue with Battery Guru stated earlier.
    After another hard reboot, with the charger plugged in, Battery Guru showed the battery at 97% and the battery icon showed almost full.

Any ideas to try?
    Regarding WiFi Calling, that is problematic in 10.2 generally. The best recommendation I can offer is to use the 811 radio file. I have it linked in my hybrid thread, but to save you some trouble I'll paste it here too. Autoloader-Radio-Only_811_Z_2-3-4

Regarding any sideloaded apps, my personal recommendation is to use the "debug token" method for those apps. I use these utilities and instructions hosted at sacha's site.

And with respect to battery reporting issues, it sounds like you ran into a glitch of some sort that was corrected following a restart. If the issue reoccurs or persists, please do let us know here and we will dig into it further (though I'll warn ahead of time there's likely nothing anyone can do about it).
    Last edited by wu-wei; 08-19-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Removed lingering quotes, apparently CB is acting up again.
    08-19-13 11:58 AM
    Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    08-19-13 12:03 PM
    Bumping this. Can anyone lend a hand please?

Posted via the Z10's zexy keyboard.
    Not sure what's going on there. I tried on my device (though admittedly I'm running a different blend of things) and I had no issue. I'm hoping someone else from the team will test it out and get back to you.
    08-19-13 12:07 PM
    Thank you Wu-Wei! Can you please post the link for this collection of files so we load the correct one(s) over the 1047/810 build running on the Q10? Thank you!
    As Kris noted, it's in the list of sticky threads in this subforum, but here's the link anyway: B@stard_PostAutoloader_1323Over1047
    08-19-13 12:10 PM
    As Kris noted, it's in the list of sticky threads in this subforum, but here's the link anyway: B@stard_PostAutoloader_1323Over1047
    I think i might do this to get my squares back, i really really miss them
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-19-13 12:15 PM
    Will the sys contacts work on this from 1047

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323
    08-19-13 12:31 PM
    Very happy with this leak as it runs much smoother than the last one!

Restore was 100% good!
    Android player seems snappier and got a few other ports working now that didn't work before.
    Need to test the bbm echoing issue but as others stated it was fixed.

***side note. If you've ported the Google keyboard in the last leak make sure you port it again. I found my Android ports had no keyboard functionality. When I installed the Google keyboard again I noticed not even the BlackBerry keyboard was enabled.

Z10_10.2.0.1xxx
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-13 12:37 PM
    Love this leak!!!
    Faster...

Posted via CB10
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-13 12:40 PM
    What is our current thinking in regards to signing into BBID at the initial setup? I seem to remember people advising some convoluted procedure in past threads.
    I typically wait till after I've run a device wipe. The wipe's the first thing I do after the OS has installed. No point signing in the BBID then, as the wipe removes it. After the wipe, I go thru the entire typ set up, then sign into BBID. Then I make sure my BlackBerry Link's name for the device is revised (I have my own) so that the Link restore works. 1323 is the 4th leak I've installed and I've had no issues following this procedure.

autocorrect's for the birds SQN100-2, v10.2.0.1323
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-19-13 12:45 PM
    I think i might do this to get my squares back, i really really miss them
    If you can live without Mobile Hotspot....
    08-19-13 01:01 PM
    @berryleaks team I just want to say thanks for all that you guy/gals do.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-13 01:03 PM
    Installed the leak and everything is running perfectly, along with all my other android ports.

However, is there a solution to SKYPE not being able to run on Q10's yet, SQN100-3 in particular.
    Neither ones from the appworld or Bar ports work. I use Skype quite often, so if I can just get this app working that would be fantastic!

Thanks
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-13 01:06 PM
    Installed the leak and everything is running perfectly, along with all my other android ports.

However, is there a solution to SKYPE not being able to run on Q10's yet, SQN100-3 in particular.
    Neither ones from the appworld or Bar ports work. I use Skype quite often, so if I can just get this app working that would be fantastic!

Thanks
    As far as I know there isn't a working solution, but I'm not a Q owner nor am I a Skype user. I expect someone else can chime in and confirm or (hopefully) refute that information.
    08-19-13 01:36 PM
    What Z are you using Wu, and did you determine if your batt issue was just due to becoming a "really heavy user" or are you still dying after 4 hrs?
    08-19-13 01:57 PM
    On my STL100-3 on the Telus network in Canada when I try to run BBM it comes up with a screen saying temporary out of service? Anyone else have this problem? thanks
    08-19-13 02:07 PM
    On my STL100-3 on the Telus network in Canada when I try to run BBM it comes up with a screen saying temporary out of service? Anyone else have this problem? thanks
    Install channels version. Me personally, I didn't have a problem prior to installing channels. That seems to be the solution given IIRC.
    08-19-13 02:10 PM
    For the millionth time across all threads, re-install channels! Latest channels also works great! Thanks

Z10_10.2.0.1xxx
    08-19-13 02:12 PM
    Wu-Wei, I just wanted to say that your refreshing, straight-forward, and articulate posts are a pleasure to read.

It's almost impossible in a thread like this of almost 1300 posts for the average leak user to avoid questions that are either repetitive, or previously answered, or already covered in the OP and/or BerryLeaks.

Thanks for always being so helpful without putting an "edge" on what you say.

Now back to my obsessing over whether to autoload 1323 over my 1047/1157 radio/1323 apps side load.....
    moody likes this.
    08-19-13 02:16 PM
    What Z are you using Wu, and did you determine if your batt issue was just due to becoming a "really heavy user" or are you still dying after 4 hrs?
    I'm using an STL100-3.

I posted a few screenshots in my hybrid thread last week, including one from Device Monitor. Those were from my own 1323 install. I don't know what the heck was going on, but my battery was just getting crushed. Could have been a flaky install, could have been tons of things. Battery performance is SO subjective.

Either way, I reverted back to my current setup and I'm quite happy. This was the last couple of days:
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X-img_00000710.jpg   BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X-img_00000712.jpg  
    08-19-13 02:20 PM
    Install channels version. Me personally, I didn't have a problem prior to installing channels. That seems to be the solution given IIRC.
    For the millionth time across all threads, re-install channels! Latest channels also works great! Thanks

Z10_10.2.0.1xxx
    Correct, the best fix for this issue is to install the latest BBM Channels beta. And even though so many of us are familiar with that, we should appreciate that not everyone is.
    SaraVibes likes this.
    08-19-13 02:23 PM
    I'm using an STL100-3.

I posted a few screenshots in my hybrid thread last week, including one from Device Monitor. Those were from my own 1323 install. I don't know what the heck was going on, but my battery was just getting crushed. Could have been a flaky install, could have been tons of things. Battery performance is SO subjective.

Either way, I reverted back to my current setup and I'm quite happy. This was the last couple of days:
    Awesome, thank you. I just wanted to have your hybrid on stand by in case :-)
    I am curious of the full os first but just wanted all ducks in a row.
    Hope for the best and prepare for the worst right? Here we go!
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-19-13 02:27 PM
2,047 ... 4849505152 ...