12-12-13 12:54 PM
2,047 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Is it just me or I find it weird that people would stick to the more bug-ridden 1047 Build than to upgrade to 1323 that has lots of enhancements due to... The Loading animation...?

Just my 2 cents though. Yes shoot me if you like
    I'm still trying to catch up here, but for my purposes 1047 is far from bug-ridden. I did not have acceptable battery performance on 1323 (for whatever reasons) and I simply do not use Mobile Hotspot, so 1047 was the clear choice for me.
    moyah8 and grover5 like this.
    08-18-13 09:59 PM
    *slowly raising hand*
    Ok... now that I have gone through 55 pages (on cb10)
    I have seen a few references to contacts "bug" but no real explanation. I see the op fix for the quick access bar but this to me wouldn't be a bug if there is already a work around. Did I completely overlook something? If so I am sorry.
    And thanks again peeps can wait to load this up in the morning and have my leak tweak

Posted via CB10
    Loaded this up upon release and have had zero contact issues. Per our previous pm I am still using outlook in the cloud. I will add that my contacts completely synced (around 600) within a matter of minutes of doing a settings restore. I was very impressed with both the BB and Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    wu-wei and mopar_fxr like this.
    08-18-13 10:01 PM
    Loaded this up upon release and have had zero contact issues. Per our previous pm I am still using outlook in the cloud. I will add that my contacts completely synced (around 600) within a matter of minutes of doing a settings restore. I was very impressed with both the BB and Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. Thanks for that relieving bit
    I just haven't had a chance to play yet with couple charity rides this weekend and buying a house thurs... so I shall use my work time at the shop tomorrow for my own fun haha.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-18-13 10:03 PM
    I have looked for the hybrid thread but am showing my ignorance. Where is the sideload link/data found or downloaded?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:06 PM
    Ok....made it as far as pg 52/56. Need to call it a night, but before I do, I'd like to give the Berryleaks team another standing ovation (cept I'm in bed :O). Installed 1323 this afternoon, and it's been smooth, and blindingly fast. Now bear in mind I don't sideload, and don't really spend too much time on the "bleeding edge" myself, but from this last 10hrs, I've had no major hiccups/problems. One note - seemed much of my BlackBerry World Apps didn't register as installed on BlackBerry world, but were on the phone, so once I ran then, like BE Weather for instance, it appeared.

As for battery life, it's too soon to tell.....watch this space for another report tomorww, or the day after.

Cheers Elite Team, u've done it again,,,

autocorrect's for the birds SQN100-2, v10.2.0.1323
    08-18-13 10:08 PM
    Meaning 1323 sideload stuff. It seems safer

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:10 PM
    I have looked for the hybrid thread but am showing my ignorance. Where is the sideload link/data found or downloaded?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828354

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-18-13 10:10 PM
    Perhaps it's something I'm not aware of, but BE WARNED, BlackBerry World's Skype WILL f*** up your Q. Downloaded last night, whereupon it crashed on start-up, then obligingly left some power hogging remnant that pulled a steady 2W from my battery without my noticing.

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    With Skype, whether it works or not for you, you have to actively "sign out" of your Skype account before shutting down the app, or it will stay active. In other words, just x-ing out the Skype app won't shut it down, and it will drain your battery.
    08-18-13 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you using Outlook.com or the 365 paid thing if that even is the right question.?...???

I ask because I thought some said the 365 thing works well but I am having contact issues with Outlook.com sync'n with my desktop Outlook and have been using the evil Google gmail free stuff.

Note: yes omnitech thier ain't no good sentence constructed in that there post.
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 10:13 PM
    With Skype, whether it works or not for you, you have to actively "sign out" of your Skype account before shutting down the app, or it will stay active. In other words, just x-ing out the Skype app won't shut it down, and it will drain your battery.
    You can hold down on the x to shut down the process. Or do it from app manager.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    08-18-13 10:16 PM
    Are you using Outlook.com or the 365 paid thing if that even is the right question.?...???

I ask because I thought some said the 365 thing works well but I am having contact issues with Outlook.com sync'n with my desktop Outlook and have been using the evil Google gmail free stuff.

I made a very interesting discovery the other day when the MS servers were acting wonky.

I use Office365.

If you run through the default account setup on your device, it will set the server as m.outlook.com. Because the MS servers were blinky, my BlackBerry told me to used Advanced Setup.

I couldn't recall the exact server address while setting up, so I visited the Office365 help pages and discovered a different server was suggested:

outlook.office365.com

Since using that as the sync server, emails are arriving on my device before they hit my PC and everything seems just a skosh more fluid.

Just one of those random tips that percolates out of me every now and again...
    08-18-13 10:23 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:27 PM

I am not using 365. I am using the "free" outlook.com for syncing contacts only. I had been using by local email client, office/outlook, on my laptop and syncing via BlackBerry link and it was mucking up contacts on both device and laptop. I still use my proprietary corporate email for communication, but sync contacts to outlook in the cloud. Working well at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-18-13 10:32 PM
    Funny how my twaddling often times is the impetus for some useful information.

Not really sure why that happens?
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 10:32 PM
    Been contemplating a full restore as a test and have come to the decision to go for it.
    Derlitz likes this.
    08-18-13 10:43 PM
    I think that depends on whether you are on an active call or not, doesn't it?
    No. The media volume and volume on the headset shouldn't be connected. Since they are, you can't actually turn the volume all the way down. And the lowest setting isn't low enough. Its still decently loud. Maybe its an issue with the headset, I don't know, I don't have another BT headset to test.

On my Android phone I can adjust the bluetooth volume independently of the volume on the headset.
    08-18-13 10:49 PM
    For those of you who are having connection problems with BlackBerry Link resulting in not being able to backup or restore, bear in mind that the Sachesi tool has a backup/restore feature that can create and restore the same backups, using the same format that BlackBerry Link uses.

But because it does not use the same communication mechanism (the "BlackBerry Device Manager"), it can work at times when the native app does not.
    Kris vot the solution for this issue. Just kill the blackberry manager on your PC using the task manager and restart it. It should solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:50 PM
    The battery life is better... i can say is 2x

Posted via CB10
    Please provide your phone model and carrier info so we can have better picture of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:54 PM
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned repeatedly, but...

Is anyone else no longer able to sideload apps with this build?

I'm sincerely hoping it's just me being stupid, and I won't have to revert back to an earlier build.

Posted via CB10
    If you are using the DDPB try to use the crome plagin.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:56 PM
    Please provide your phone model and carrier info so we can have better picture of it.

Posted via CB10
    Please do not judge by his comments. Within the group battery life has been erratic. One user on a q reports phenomenal life, over 15 hours. It is soooooo dependant on usage though. I can tell you mine has been atrocious on the Z, around 4-5 hours but I have some hybrid files thrown in which may be causing issues. I also have been way heavy on usage the last few days. Bottom line you won't know until you try but 1047 is probably better. Wu-Wei's hybrid is looking pretty good for battery, you can take a look at the sticky if you are.

wu-wei likes this.
    08-18-13 10:59 PM
    Golly, this leak is solid!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    wu-wei and moody like this.
    08-18-13 11:01 PM
    I made a very interesting discovery the other day when the MS servers were acting wonky.

I use Office365.

If you run through the default account setup on your device, it will set the server as m.outlook.com. Because the MS servers were blinky, my BlackBerry told me to used Advanced Setup.

I couldn't recall the exact server address while setting up, so I visited the Office365 help pages and discovered a different server was suggested:

outlook.office365.com

Since using that as the sync server, emails are arriving on my device before they hit my PC and everything seems just a skosh more fluid.

This seems to be a common issue with Microsoft cloud email/exchange services including Outlook.com/Hotmail.

Something along the lines of "You should use this hostname all the time.... unless we tell you not to use that hostname, or it doesn't work right.... which tends to happen a lot..."

With Outlook.com/Hotmail, they can't even ascertain what the "proper" hostname is without making you login to the web interface and then look for the host it decided to put you on that day, which you then have to put in your EAS settings.
    08-18-13 11:04 PM
    Part 2 of a stupid question.
    Does it do anything to the Q if you load the sys contacts bar.

moody likes this.
    08-18-13 11:09 PM
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3
    Issue/Question: network (Internet) is not stable. Either with wifi or 3G. The phone drops network and I have to reboot. Few hours later it drops network again and I have to reboot again. This doesn't happen with 10.1.

What did you try to resolve the issue: reboot whenever network is lost.

I'm considering back to 10.1.

~ it's not a phone, it's a blackberry
    08-18-13 11:10 PM
    Part 2 of a stupid question.
    Does it do anything to the Q if you load the sys contacts bar.

I don't think so. It would change the file but I don't believe you would have anything noticeable.

08-18-13 11:16 PM
2,047 ... 4344454647 ...