12-12-13 12:54 PM
2,047 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    To my mind the new Hub design is not very intuitive.

The new shortcut is of a folder but the Hub is more then just mail.

Having a visual aid like a folder icon that brings us to the Hub from the home screen is miss leading.

This is not very a well thought out user interface model. Seems like they my have made redundant the folks in the department.

Unless they intend to give us a shortcut icon for every Hub destination.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1047 w/the Square Circles with Rounded Corners dizzy thingie
    08-18-13 06:25 PM
    Can someone tell me what page the mirrors are on? I can't find them.. main links die, tried with chrome and opera.
    Not back yet

Posted via my Q10 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    Cheers for the reply Kris. Can you feedback to anyone this is still missing :-)

Posted via CB10
    Cheers for the reply Kris. Can you feedback to anyone this is still missing :-)

Posted via CB10
    it's already in the betazone topic lists
    blockbuy likes this.
    08-18-13 06:29 PM
    Lol, so much tension here. Good thing im not having any problem with my device. This leak is almost perfect for my usage.

Posted via CB10
    moody and wu-wei like this.
    08-18-13 06:30 PM

Having a visual aid like a folder icon that brings us to the Hub from the home screen is miss leading.

This is not very a well thought out user interface model. Seems like they my have made redundant the folks in the department.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1047 w/the Square Circles with Rounded Corners dizzy thingie
    nope, just there for those who don't know they can swipe left one time (two with active frames) or up and to the right
    08-18-13 06:30 PM
    So are people fundamentally lazy or they have serious ADD, why are people asking on page 19 of replies whether anyone has installed and to please provide a review??????????????

Come on people read!!!!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    LOL. Saw it happening.....no matter how many warnings/disclaimers.
    08-18-13 06:32 PM
    I think the swipes are cool and work fine. I like the inovative feel of BB10. I give my phone to other people and they get lost because they don't have a clue what to do. I believe we will see things implemented over time to make it easier for new people. I believe thats why the cool looking spinner was changed. UI is a science as much as an art and BB is going for the most user it can get. imho

I may sound like I'm whining but I know they are trying hard to make a good product.
    Derlitz likes this.
    08-18-13 06:41 PM
    if the sys.android-10.2.0.50 and sys.android.shell-10.2.0.50 works fine converting many apps .APK 2 .BAR without debugtoken, why we have to upgrade from this versions ?
    In the last OS 10.2.0.1043 from BBOS 10 launch, I had to sideload this versions 10.2.0.50 from sys.android / sys.android.shell from apps APK works fine without debugtoken. So, the debugtoken only need to do with OS 10.1 and 10.2 without this version of sys.android***.

If you install this leak 10.2.0.1323, sideload this versions of sys.android.shell and sys.android to 10.2.0.50 =).

But, with very apps with problems in this leak, why we haver to load????
    08-18-13 06:46 PM
    You might want to try rebooting your pc. I had to do that before anything was recognized again.
    Tried but no go so I did another backup, wiped and restore and Link to my remote PC's work again.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:48 PM
    Please Winslow played Subway Surfers. Ali z10

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:49 PM
    if the sys.android-10.2.0.50 and sys.android.shell-10.2.0.50 works fine converting many apps .APK 2 .BAR without debugtoken, why we have to upgrade from this versions ?
    In the last OS 10.2.0.1043 from BBOS 10 launch, I had to sideload this versions 10.2.0.50 from sys.android / sys.android.shell from apps APK works fine without debugtoken. So, the debugtoken only need to do with OS 10.1 and 10.2 without this version of sys.android***.

If you install this leak 10.2.0.1323, sideload this versions of sys.android.shell and sys.android to 10.2.0.50 =).

But, with very apps with problems in this leak, why we haver to load????
    I will be honest... I am not entirely sure what you mean
    edit; I think I got it. You can choose to use an android bar that allows you to sideload without debug token, but it's not as fast and smooth as the newer versions are where you do need the debug token. Ultimately it's your own preference
    moody and toobs623 like this.
    08-18-13 06:50 PM
    Please Winslow played Subway Surfers. Ali z10

Posted via CB10
    And on this post too, I have to ask to please make it clear what you mean. Your post unfortunately doesn't make much sense to me.
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 06:51 PM
    Got it loaded. (Took Mega 4+ hrs to download - LOL)

Got the basics set up so far so good. Haven't tried much else though. For me the kicker will be if I can get Link to connect (haven't been able to do that ever) and if I can get the RIM DM driver to install on my PC (haven't been able to do that ever either) so I can download channels that will be awesome!
    Not sure about the others, but it took me 11 minutes.
    08-18-13 06:59 PM
    Device: Q10
    Device Model: SQN100-1
    Issue/Question:
    1. No prompts work on the build. e.g., Browsing for files, or executing any command that should open a save prompt, doesn't appear.
    Yes but we were talking about AT&T.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    My bad toobs

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047

And to add to the other respondents, load the *uri.hub* file via chrome pb extension then you can uninstall it rather than just hiding it. You can do this for sys.games as well.

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB, wu-wei and mopar_fxr like this.
    08-18-13 07:00 PM
    Initial feedback, seems to be more stable overall than 1047. I'm not getting issues with Android runtime crapping out when detecting the network. Netflix still doesn't work. You can run the app fine, log in fine, but the content refuses to stream. It just hangs on "loading" permanently. This could be problematic for the final implementation of 10.2 Android runtime.

Once again, thanks for the leak Here's hoping BlackBerry does not cause us to lose ability to run certain apps in 10.2.

Also, any clue why BlackBerry does not formally make the change to the Android runtime not to require the debug permissions for the apps containing native code?

Posted via CB10
    Did you change the player type in Netflix

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:10 PM
    Now this is odd - now I have no bottom back bar for android apps and the shortcut icons on the bottom of the home screen are gone as well. 4 hard resets and they have not reappeared. Anomaly?

Wish I could bottle it for sell.

Just started happening about 10 minutes ago.
    BerryLeaks presents 10.2.0.1323 for STL100-2/3/4 and SQN100-X and SQR100-X-img_00000370.png

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:21 PM
    That's nearly one of the worst suggestions possible. 7-zip.org
    did you see the ..."without any parasites" part?

End of discussion please...
    08-18-13 07:29 PM
    Battery life seems much better than 1047

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:30 PM
    If it was a stupid question (which it wasn't) then I'm stupid too because I downloaded the file, not realizing it only affected Z's and not my beloved Q....
    Me too! And I was too afraid to ask - LOL. This was after reading all the pages which at that time was only 3.

Then I found my contacts on my SIM were gone and couldn't save to SIM. So I went through a painful, but enlightening process) of extracting the original contacts.bar file from this update and reloading it.

Then hard set phone and all I'd well -

Perhaps it's a good idea to post which phones are affected with fixes such as this.

Of course it was many pages later someone had the courage to ask. So I felt better after reading I wasn't crazy - there is no quick access bar w Q10.

BTW I did forum and Google search about this particular bar and found no results. So me sideloading it at the time was a reasonable action with the information supplied.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-18-13 07:32 PM
    Me too! And I was too afraid to ask - LOL. This was after reading all the pages which at that time was only 3.

Then I found my contacts on my SIM were gone and couldn't save to SIM. So I went through a painful, but enlightening process) of extracting the original contacts.bar file from this update and reloading it.

Then hard set phone and all I'd well -

Perhaps it's a good idea to post which phones are affected with fixes such as this.

Of course it was many pages later someone had the courage to ask. So I felt better after reading I wasn't crazy - there is no quick access bar w Q10.

BTW I did forum and Google search about this particular bar and found no results. So me sideloading it at the time was a reasonable action with the information supplied.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    Working on getting it done Sorry it put you through so much extra trouble but glad it all did work out in the end
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 07:35 PM
    That's stupid. It should be an open api. wtf. Ugh. So things bb does really confuses me. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    As I understand it, this is so BlackBerry can control what runs headless. Remember that if an app is headless, it can run un-noticed. A prime situation for malware....

So, IMHO, this tight control over what can and can't run headless is a GOOD THING.

And if someone else has already responded similarly, pls forgive.

mopar_fxr likes this.
    08-18-13 07:35 PM
    As I understand it, this is so BlackBerry can control what runs headless. Remember that if an app is headless, it can run un-noticed. A prime situation for malware....

So, IMHO, this tight control over what can and can't run headless is a GOOD THING.

And if someone else has already responded similarly, pls forgive.

Spot on, and apart from that headless apps can also be the invisible resource hogs. Pretty sure BB doesn't want their customers complaining about a laggy unresponsive device after they decided to load a bunch of apps that turn out to run in the background all the time.
    08-18-13 07:38 PM
2,047 ... 3940414243 ...