03-28-14 12:24 PM
676 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Um, look up 'joke' &/or 'sarcasm'.
    Not true. Read the OP again. It says the runtime is LOCKED but will work with the unlocked version if you choose to sideload it...

-aBBuser
    09-25-13 06:00 PM
    I am running on 1743 right now and 1725 before. The small and camera shortcut icon would at some point disappear at the bottom of the screen along with the page selector.
    SEE BELOW.
    A restart or reboot would correct the issue but it would eventually come back. Is there a better fix? Is it something I'm not doing? Is it a bug that is present or not in this new 1761? Thanks in advanced.

SQN 100-1 on AT&T

Secret Squirreling with my Q.
    only happened to me on a previous leak when I restored. When I wiped os and reloaded, never happened again. Some say it was something with the parental controls though. There are a bunch of posts about it in some of the older leaks... circa 1447 os?? (just guessing on leak#)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-13 06:03 PM
    I personally have never tried a full restore since purchasing my Q10 when it first came out and doing the device switch. Mecca told me to never restore the app data, and only install the settings and media if necessary, and I listen to what he says. Additionally, I completely UNINSTALLED (using my PC/control panel/programs and features/uninstall) the old BBDM from my PC and ran CCleaner prior to reboot and install of the first Link version I had access to (.26 I think). Since then I have always uninstalled any and all BB downloads of Link prior to installing a new one--same with OS's! So we're safe there.
    My understanding from some on here (forums) is that once the 10.1 versions came out it was ok to restore but still you see issue after issue where a restrore caused the problems. I was just wondering if anyone with the newest Link version had tried a full restore (which you have) with no issues. If more respond the same way, I may try to restore the appdata and the settings as opposed to just the settings. Media isn't necessary as it's all on my SD card as with most. Also considering using Sachesi to restore as opposed to Link and curious if you or anyone has tried it that way with success. Thanks Rigg for posting this!
    Well - I would definitely take Mecca's advice - He is much smarter than me and he is a fine gentlemen to boot!

As a practical matter, I could get by with just restoring settings which seems to restore my password keeper data, but until I have a problem with full restores (I could skip media since everything is on sd card) I will continue as is.

I will advise, however, that on early 10.2 builds I did suffer problems going from 10.1 backups to 10.2, but with the updated link and more stable 10.2 releases I have had no problems. Good luck!

Edit: I have installed every leak and do a full back up on each one for posterity's sake
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-13 06:05 PM
    Cause he' s making joke to those who can't be bothered to read the OP, and then ask something so clearly pointed out in taht OP.
    It clearly states in the OP that the runtime is LOCKED, Why would you post lies like this?
    09-25-13 06:05 PM
    only happened to me on a previous leak when I restored. When I wiped os and reloaded, never happened again. Some say it was something with the parental controls though. There are a bunch of posts about it in some of the older leaks... circa 1447 os?? (just guessing on leak#)
    Parental controls is probably it. I use it for the different lock screen from background image. Thanks!

Secret Squirreling with my Q.
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    09-25-13 06:07 PM
    It's in the OP stating issue is mostly restoring from 10.1. Also says (as all leaks here do) "at your own risk". So go ahead, try it. Let us know. If I decide to load this one, I might try with backup and restore. But if it tanks I will just re-do without restore. I have the process down now, so no big whoop.
    Hasn't been any mention of restoring from Link or Sachesi that I've seen. Is the correct proceedure to NOT restore at all or at worst, restore only the settings due to file corruption--and with that in mind, any difference if you are restoring from the latest BBLink as opposed to the 1.1.1.41 version. I'm amazed no one has posted about this yet. Normally its in the first 4-5 pages-LOL.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-25-13 06:08 PM
    Well - I would definitely take Mecca's advice - He is much smarter than me and he is a fine gentlemen to boot!

As a practical matter, I could get by with just restoring settings which seems to restore my password keeper data, but until I have a problem with full restores (I could skip media since everything is on sd card) I will continue as is.

I will advise, however, that on early 10.2 builds I did suffer problems going from 10.1 backups to 10.2, but with the updated link and more stable 10.2 releases I have had no problems. Good luck!
    I'll most likely just do the settings since I'd be coming this time from a .1323 leak that is basically a little bit hybrid (but awesome!) and I'm not sure if that would be considered to fall into that "stable" catagory when it comes to restoring.. However it may be the single most solid leak I've ever put on a device, including the Legacy leaked OS's and Hybrid's (though Mecca sure built some awesome hybrids!). I always post issues if they arise and will this time as well. Thanks for your thoughts buddy!
    LP_Rigg and Mecca EL like this.
    09-25-13 06:14 PM
    Can't wait to get home and load...

Posted via CB10
    go1ndr likes this.
    09-25-13 06:22 PM
    Hasn't been any mention of restoring from Link or Sachesi that I've seen. Is the correct proceedure to NOT restore at all or at worst, restore only the settings due to file corruption--and with that in mind, any difference if you are restoring from the latest BBLink as opposed to the 1.1.1.41 version. I'm amazed no one has posted about this yet. Normally its in the first 4-5 pages-LOL.
    I have been able to restore (all three) each time I have installed a leak. The only time I had a problem was trying to down grade from a 10.2 leak to 10.1 leak. Ended up having to restore to the last 10.1 backup. I do put the device in airplane mode to backup and then again to restore.
    09-25-13 06:23 PM
    I'm gonna wait for 10.2.1.x release. 1743 have very good battery so I'm gonna stick with this for a while. Btw, thanks BL for this release.
    09-25-13 06:26 PM
    I'm not seeing anything compelling here to warrant installing this.

Android VM sometimes crashes- no upside to the to effort of dealing with this- I'm running fine now

When receiving busy signal the device is unable to end call- I always get the AT&T bugs

Unable to send email through Gmail- so I like Wigley as much as the next guy but following the Wigley Way directions give me a headache. I avoid this as much as possible..... lol

Most of all still no Squircle so wtf why bother.........?................?............?...
    Just install it! :P

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and jonassabatini like this.
    09-25-13 06:28 PM
    I'm gonna wait for 10.2.1.x release. 1743 have very good battery so I'm gonna stick with this for a while. Btw, thanks BL for this release.
    You may be waiting a while. We rarely see branches leaked.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-13 06:30 PM
    STL-100-1... coming from 10.1 MR release. This is my first leak install and I must say it is running quite well. Side loaded the unlocked Android Runtime and then Instagram .

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-13 06:33 PM
    Oh well, the pop-up still appears when I use Wallpaper Changer HD. I am going back to 10.2.1.200.
    09-25-13 06:45 PM
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3
    Issue: Just wanted to note one issue I have found is that sometimes when trying to drag an item into an existing folder it will not let you. When you bring the item above the folder the screen just flashes but nothing happens.

This is without a restart. Will try restarting later when I have time
    09-25-13 06:54 PM
    I'm glad the subject of Restoration has returned, because it's been missing since 10.2.0.14xx appeared. It's been my observation that corrupt data has always been the source, preventing restores from happening for some, and not for others.
    Transitioning from 10.0 to 10.1, the road was rocky - sometimes it restored, sometimes not. I discovered that a select restore - in my case, I left out app data - would restore the most important bits of personal info I needed. I'm not a gamer - I miss arcades and PacMan - so it didn't bother me to reinstall apps from scratch. It's at this point that I maintained a "clean" version of necessary data.
    Transitioning from 10.1 to 10.2....once again, a rocky situation, due in part to the lack of fine tuning particular aspects of 10.2...I can live with that, but the standard user can't. Data is important to MANY of us, so I'm part of a small minority.
    BUT!!! None of the complaints went unnoticed by BlackBerry, and 10.2 has matured.

I have 2 solutions for restoration. Of course, the obvious is to use BBLink. The latest version, installed properly, will do it's job. My alternate solution is to use Sachesi to restore. Cool thing about Sachesi, you don't have to jump through all the Link hurtles. I know alot of us have these misguided apprehensions, concerning all the steps it takes to install and restore from an update...but there are a few of us that bust our @$$es to make sure there's a solution for all concerns.

As usual, I'm here and others are here to help. I gave full support during the golden age of Hybrids, and my methods remain the same as a member of the BerryLeaks team.
    If you don't like it, many cats will go missing! Promise...
    Pdinos3, Uzi, LP_Rigg and 5 others like this.
    09-25-13 07:07 PM
    Nice...download now!! thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:11 PM
    Thanks, please do, very anxious to get this sorted!
    Here you go, radio from official 1443 for sta100-5
    qc8960.wtr5-10.2.0.1444-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar (26.9 MB)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!z1x2nAIC!BnHcoH..._Qbm-8h0dOp-HQ
    09-25-13 07:19 PM

Edit: I still have to use the .811 radio to get Wi-Fi Calling to work (I assume that is still a valid fix.). I don't know what will work on Q series devices...

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.01761)
    Hi there, where can I get the .811 radio from, and will it work on a Q10 (or is it specific to the Z10)? Also, how do I inject the .811 radio into this OS on my Q10 (assuming it works with the Q10)? I really do want to get on the 10.2. wagon, but I need wi-fi calling too.
    09-25-13 07:25 PM
    I upgraded a Q10 from 10.1MR to this leak. Did a full restore using link 1.2 no problem so far.
    Mecca EL and BBFanatic4Life like this.
    09-25-13 07:26 PM
    Device: Z10
    Device Model: STL100-3
    Issue: Just wanted to note one issue I have found is that sometimes when trying to drag an item into an existing folder it will not let you. When you bring the item above the folder the screen just flashes but nothing happens.

This is without a restart. Will try restarting later when I have time
    I think just leave the item over the folder when this happens and the item will be placed in that folder.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:26 PM
    Wow,#dancing
    1761 I am coming

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-13 07:38 PM
    The new Radio for Q10 on this leak is what I'll be looking at. That and battery life.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-25-13 07:43 PM
    For those of you who don't have time to read the first post in it's entirety. The Android Runtime is UNLOCKED on this leak. That's right it's unlocked. Go for it. Try it for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    This was for ppl who don't read the OP and ask same stupid ?s over and over again. They have hour to download and install the OS but don't 5 minutes to read the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Mozdony likes this.
    09-25-13 07:49 PM
    FYI: Had the AT&T no-hangup issue on previous leaks on my Q10. Airplane mode or network off was the least drastic way to hang up when that occurred. Don't know if it'll be appropriate here, but thought I would offer it up for newbs as a possible alternate to reboot. Also, seemed only to affect on-screen hangup. Never had it happen when atteptng bluetooth hang-up. Might be easy to fix with an older phone bar.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:58 PM
676 ... 7891011 ...