03-28-14 12:24 PM
676 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    In an effort to overcome the problems with Docs2Go I side load Kingsoft Office, and I must say it's a big improvement over Docs2Go

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    09-28-13 07:07 PM
    Hi all! I've just swapped my z10 for a q10! Had to have the keyboard back! I know this may have been answered but I will be installing the newest leak tmrw. Currently running 10.2.0.1743. My question is does the toast notification for whatsapp work on the 1761 leak on the q10? I know it works on the z10 as that's what I had.?
    ...apologies if this has already been answered. I'm just enjoying playing around with the q10 after having a z10 for so long!!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 07:10 PM
    Software Version information is produced by specific circumstances. Not every build will report a Software Version number.

As for your random and uninformed statements about a DEV or Hybrid OS, I invite you to send me any autoloader that identifies the OS being installed as anything other than DEV, or that refers to the installation as anything other than Hybrid.

***Spoiler Alert: YOU CAN'T. Every single autoloader refers to them as such. And it has absolutely nothing to do with what you think it does.

If Software Version is so critically important to you, and if you have what you want on 1443, I strongly suggest you stick with that build.

I also suggest that if you don't know what you're talking about.....stop talking.
    Hey-Wu, on a different note, just downloaded 1761 and I'm probably the only person on the Forum that would like to have my "Contacts Only" in the hated "light" theme. Blacklatino suggested I sideload a contact bar (only) from a previous build that has the light theme. Do you by any chance have one laying around (LOL) for a Q10? I figured if anyone did, it would be you :-)! If so, can you post the link or PM me? I have over 1000 + contacts and the light theme is easier on the eyes. Thanks buddy and nice reply!!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:23 PM
    It's hard to figure what this Docs to Go bug is. I tried sideloading a 10.1 version of DTG and it wouldn't run at all on 10.2.0.1761. I reloaded the 10.2 version and did a hard reboot, thinking that might work, but it didn't. Strange thing is that you can do voice dictation into DTG 10.2.0.1761 and it seems to work fine--you just can't type into it, or when you do, there is a long and unacceptable lag for the characters to appear in the document. I tried turning off all the predictive text settings--no- help.

I wonder if there is a fix or if we have to wait until the next leak or the official version. Maybe the BB developers aren't even aware of this bug in DTG.

I did try sideloading the free Android version of DTG from the Google Play store. It works, but of course you have to buy the full version for $9.99 to do any editing, and it's not clear how or whether you can upgrade from the free to the paid Android version on the Z10, since you need the free version to start and I can't see where you would put in the registration number in the free version.
    Got the leak running and sure enough can't type in Dtg. I tried using smart B docs and it was the same (I think it uses the DTG program anyway). The weird thing is it seems a lot like the bug we had way back in the original OS10 where you couldn't type in a doc if you had an email open. That was fixed in the first update and I had almost forgotten about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:29 PM
    I'm in the process of trying a leak for the first time. Got through loading the 10.2 software and am now doing the security wipe. The shredder went on for about 20 min or so, but I now have a black screen with a flashing LED (mix of red/yellow/green). It's been like this for 45 min. Normal? or time to press the power button?
    Thanks.
    09-28-13 08:40 PM
    regarding the dtg bug, I'm wondering is there a way to set or reset app permissions on it manually? clear a database or something? just thinking out loud. may not even be the problem. anyone know enough to dig if there were any sort of API changes on this release? unlikely I know...seems like a weird thing to come up unless there were core code changes, more than likely related to Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:41 PM
    I'm in the process of trying a leak for the first time. Got through loading the 10.2 software and am now doing the security wipe. The shredder went on for about 20 min or so, but I now have a black screen with a flashing LED (mix of red/yellow/green). It's been like this for 45 min. Normal? or time to press the power button?
    Thanks.
    Once the shredder icon goes away, press the power button. Your phone will boot.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    09-28-13 08:51 PM
    Thanks!!

Once the shredder icon goes away, press the power button. Your phone will boot.
    09-28-13 08:56 PM
    In an effort to overcome the problems with Docs2Go I side load Kingsoft Office, and I must say it's a big improvement over Docs2Go

Posted via CB10
    Well, the bug in DTG has resulted in the discovery of a better program. And free!! I just sideloaded it and it has solved the problem. Thanks for the great idea.
    09-28-13 09:07 PM
    I think all the default wallpapers that come on the device from BlackBerry have been 1280x1280 since 10.0.
    My thinking on this was that things would work similar to how the wallpapers work on the Playbook when the Z10 eventually (if ever) got a landscape homescreen:
    Currently, in portrait, the Z10 wallpaper is a 768x1280 cropped center section of that 1280x1280 wallpaper.
    With landscape homescreen / lockscreen, I had assumed you'd get a 1280x768 cropped center section.
    That was my best guess when I noticed they were 1280x1280 anyway.
    Could be - after I examined some other files via extraction with Darcy's tools there are some even more bizarre resolutions such as 480 x 1280.

Anyway, for a Z, you would have thought the images would be scaled to 1280x768 or 768x1280 depending on portrait or landscape. 1280x1280 being a 1-1 ratio was odd.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:30 PM
    Is the black theme in this built? If so how you turn it on? If not can I get the bar for the black theme or it will not work?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:31 PM
    Is the black theme in this built? If so how you turn it on? If not can I get the bar for the black theme or it will not work?

Posted via CB10
    "Black theme" for what, specifically? This OS allows the choice of black calendar, black text messages, black contacts and, if Channels isn't installed, black BBM.
    09-28-13 09:36 PM
    "Black theme" for what, specifically? This OS allows the choice of black calendar, black text messages, black contacts and, if Channels isn't installed, black BBM.
    Hoe do you change those black

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:38 PM
    Hoe do you change those black

Posted via CB10
    Individually in each app.
    In Contacts, Calendar, or BBM, you swipe down from the top, go to settings, then select either Black/Dark or Light/Bright. Then close and reopen the app. Might even require a reboot.
    For SMS, in the hub, hit the overflow menu, settings, text messages and the option for visual theme is there.
    09-28-13 09:46 PM
    strange, my text messages won't change to black theme with it enabled in the settings, restarting also did not help

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:00 PM
    strange, my text messages won't change to black theme with it enabled in the settings, restarting also did not help

Posted via CB10
    Did you restore from a build before 1725?
    09-28-13 10:15 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Texts are only black when you're in the individual threads, not in list view of all your texts in hub.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743 and STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    Mecca EL and alimin like this.
    09-28-13 10:49 PM
    Hey-Wu, on a different note, just downloaded 1761 and I'm probably the only person on the Forum that would like to have my "Contacts Only" in the hated "light" theme. Blacklatino suggested I sideload a contact bar (only) from a previous build that has the light theme. Do you by any chance have one laying around (LOL) for a Q10? I figured if anyone did, it would be you :-)! If so, can you post the link or PM me? I have over 1000 + contacts and the light theme is easier on the eyes. Thanks buddy and nice reply!!

Posted via CB10
    I'll poke around my files and see what I've got handy, but I'm thinking that you'll want one that provides the option to choose the theme (in order to be compatible with the core OS). I intend to look for some working DTG bars tonight too, but I'm not sure how much time I can devote to that quest.

I do maintain archived copies of all radio and OS files I receive, but they are truly archived. Access to bar files from those OSes is always possible, but not always instantaneous.
    09-28-13 11:11 PM
    Test...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:07 AM
    Huge Battery and Operating Improvement with the 1761. I live in UAE and Qatar and had very single software tried out for days including the last on 1743. The latest 1761 is a huge improvement on battery life as well as the device running ice cold at 8% to 12% CPU usage. In conclusion I would very strongly recommend this release to everyone living in the ME.

Posted via CB10
    NOKJAA likes this.
    09-29-13 12:11 AM
    I'll poke around my files and see what I've got handy, but I'm thinking that you'll want one that provides the option to choose the theme (in order to be compatible with the core OS). I intend to look for some working DTG bars tonight too, but I'm not sure how much time I can devote to that quest.

I do maintain archived copies of all radio and OS files I receive, but they are truly archived. Access to bar files from those OSes is always possible, but not always instantaneous.
    Thanks a lot Wu! The one with this OS ofers the option, it just doesn't work-go figure. Otherwise it's a great leak and super fast. No rush on it, just when you have time. You know I appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:45 AM
    Texts are only black when you're in the individual threads, not in list view of all your texts in hub.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743 and STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    Thank you! so, yes it has dark theme on individual threads, i was looking at the list view in the hub. Would be nice if they can incorporate the dark theme into the hub as well, I hope!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:07 AM
    Well, the bug in DTG has resulted in the discovery of a better program. And free!! I just sideloaded it and it has solved the problem. Thanks for the great idea.
    Can I have the. bar file please for this programme?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1761
    09-29-13 02:44 AM
    I personally have never tried a full restore since purchasing my Q10 when it first came out and doing the device switch. Mecca told me to never restore the app data, and only install the settings and media if necessary, and I listen to what he says. Additionally, I completely UNINSTALLED (using my PC/control panel/programs and features/uninstall) the old BBDM from my PC and ran CCleaner prior to reboot and install of the first Link version I had access to (.26 I think). Since then I have always uninstalled any and all BB downloads of Link prior to installing a new one--same with OS's! So we're safe there.
    My understanding from some on here (forums) is that once the 10.1 versions came out it was ok to restore but still you see issue after issue where a restrore caused the problems. I was just wondering if anyone with the newest Link version had tried a full restore (which you have) with no issues. If more respond the same way, I may try to restore the appdata and the settings as opposed to just the settings. Media isn't necessary as it's all on my SD card as with most. Also considering using Sachesi to restore as opposed to Link and curious if you or anyone has tried it that way with success. Thanks Rigg for posting this!
    It's interesting how different people with different setups encounter things. Up until my 1743 install all of about four days ago, I've ALWAYS restored via Link and never had any issues, with perhaps the minorly vexing doubling of SMS records.

This time, when I installed 1743, I did a completely fresh install, manually resetting all apps, downloading from BB World etc. I even spent an entire evening entering my contact list into Gmail so it would populate my phone that way. And I uninstalled Link 1.1 And upgraded to Link 1.2 (the official release). FLAWLESS. Even the remote file access worked for the first time ever. BUT.....there were issues I've never experienced before, like two self reboots, and really bad battery drain. Constantly.

I installed 1761 lat night, and used my previous method of backing up via Link first and restoring from Link as my final step. Took me a total of 45mins!

Will post my conclusions shortly on 1761

SQN100-2 v 10.2.0.1761
    Last edited by TSY#CB; 09-30-13 at 06:59 AM.
    09-29-13 05:51 AM
676 ... 2223242526 ...