03-28-14 01:24 PM
676 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    So i now ask the BerryLeaks Team! Why BerryLeaks only leak BlackBerry 10.2 DEV OS Hybrid and not leak a full Build with SW Info?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 05:48 AM
    So i now ask the BerryLeaks Team! Why BerryLeaks only leak BlackBerry 10.2 DEV OS Hybrid and not leak a full Build with SW Info?

Posted via CB10
    It's not a hybrid. And SW info doesn't matter but it has 4xx something.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    09-28-13 06:29 AM
    I have no issues with this release. Battery is much better than it was in 1443. The OS is quick and aside from the usual nags and oversights in BB OS's, it's fine. Best 10.2 release for me so far.
    09-28-13 06:45 AM
    BerryLeaks present BB10 OS 10.2.0.1761 Leaked OS for ALL devices-img_00000005.png

Mine shows software release...

Posted via CB10.... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1761
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-28-13 06:52 AM
    Thanks for another leak...installed it last night, did security wipe, restored backup...all is good.
    09-28-13 07:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000005.png 
Views:	1584 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	205936

Mine shows software release...

Posted via CB10.... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1761
    How come?
    I never have software release on leaked.

Sent from my Z10
    09-28-13 08:24 AM
    Is the Docs2Go bug present in .1743?
    I was going to try a leak for the first time tonight but this would be a show stopper for me since I do use Docs2Go frequently.
    I don't see it in .1743. Typing, creating and editing documents works normal for me in Docs2Go on my VZW STL100-4 with 10.2.0.1743 running.
    I will try it on my VZW Q10 SQN100-2 and edit this post.
    EDIT: Works same on my SQN100-2 as well on 1743.

BerryLeaks present BB10 OS 10.2.0.1761 Leaked OS for ALL devices-img_00000335.jpg BerryLeaks present BB10 OS 10.2.0.1761 Leaked OS for ALL devices-img_00000336.jpg
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 09-28-13 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Additional information.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    09-28-13 08:33 AM
    Not necessarily, mate.

Do yourself a favour and get your search on.

Or alternatively, remove the battery for about an hour.

Also, hold down the power button for like 10 seconds with no battery in.

Plug the charger in and then the battery and boot up.

Let us know how that goes.

You can also check out: https://supportforums.blackberry.com...0/td-p/2417897

I had a similar issue with the STL100-1. It isn't unheard of.
    First post I've read on Crackberry that actually explains how to "hard boot" any electronic device. Cheers!

Most important step here is to 'attempt to turn on device with battery removed'. The reason for this to those who do not know...it helps deplete the energy still stored within the capacitors, and truly draining the device.

Wiser's clap
    09-28-13 08:43 AM
    While digging through all the extracted assets of this build I stumbled upon an embedded wallpaper that I found interesting.

The image itself is not unique, but its properties are. The dimensions are 1280x1280. Of course, the normal dimensions are embedded as well, 768x1280 for the Z and 720x720 for the Q.

Any devs out there know why the assets in this build would include a 1280x1280 image?

Edit: it appears CB scales the upload to different dimensions, but the original is 1280x1280
    Not a devloper, but I found the green one like that and have used it since, however I would think for something along the lines of the HDMI output to a smart screen(tv)
    09-28-13 09:02 AM
    1280x1280 is for when you rotate your device to landscape and you still have your wallpaper and not black bars on the side.. So maybe BlackBerry is working on a general landscape mode..
    09-28-13 09:13 AM
    OK--I'm almost convinced (on 1725 now, 100-3, AT&T)

I'm using the unlocked runtime. Aside from the ability to hide the permabar, is the updated, locked Android runtime in this leak worth spending the time to convert all my Android apps with the debugtoken in order to make them run on this version. In other words, is this locked runtime that much better than the unlocked runtime (other than the permabar hide function)?

Any opinions?
    I would encourage people to learn the debug way. The process just adds more FUN to your already great and fantastic BlackBerry experience right? Here is a link that many have followed including me. Read lots and Enjoy what a wonderful device you have!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...erry10-817781/

Plus you do it a few times...just becomes part of the process then. All good!
    09-28-13 09:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some people (myself included) have SW info. It's carrier dependent.

Not that it matters.
    09-28-13 10:09 AM
    It's not a carrier Problem, on 1443 i have SW Info! And sometimes i have SW Info on this Build and sometimes not, it's really a hybrid with DEV OS and other files...No one can give me a right answer, with de SW Info Problem!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:44 AM
    It's not a carrier Problem, on 1443 i have SW Info! And sometimes i have SW Info on this Build and sometimes not, it's really a hybrid with DEV OS and other files...No one can give me a right answer, with de SW Info Problem!

Posted via CB10
    So just because you see no software info you draw the conclusion that it's a hybrid?

It is not a hybrid: the radio and OS match 1761 OS and 1762 radio.

Posted using mind control app on my BerryLeaks Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx while drunk
    09-28-13 10:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder does your phone have problem without the sw info?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:02 AM
    If you minimize app and swipe up from the bottom (so that everything seems to shrink) on the left you will see the icons for email, vm, SMS, BBM, twitter, etc. along with the number of unviewed items. The red splat shows in icons that have items that are new and you have yet to enter the hub. It's just not always in-view because I'm pretty sure the top bar would get rather cluttered with icons if they went the way of your suggestions...not a dig, just an observation. Hope that makes sense. I'll see if I can pop onto a pc so I can provide a Screenshot (not seeing the ability in-app)

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of this feature, and have been using it since I got my Q10 back in June. My complaint (albeit minor) is that I have to perform that task on a regular basis to see if I have any new emails or text messages (since I deleted the text message and hub icons). Honestly, a small envelope, the VM icon and BBM or text icons would all fit between the clock and the battery display without issue.... It's the small things like this (and the ability to create custom sound profiles) that I miss from OS 7.x. NOT that I want to revert, mind you. 10.x is so f*ing much better. Maybe they'll be reincorporated in 10.3.
    09-28-13 11:34 AM
    I'm aware of this feature, and have been using it since I got my Q10 back in June. My complaint (albeit minor) is that I have to perform that task on a regular basis to see if I have any new emails or text messages (since I deleted the text message and hub icons). Honestly, a small envelope, the VM icon and BBM or text icons would all fit between the clock and the battery display without issue.... It's the small things like this (and the ability to create custom sound profiles) that I miss from OS 7.x. NOT that I want to revert, mind you. 10.x is so f*ing much better. Maybe they'll be reincorporated in 10.3.
    Usually I don't agree with you, but in this case you're absolutely right, they can make it as an optional feature with battery percentage indicator, and it would be great. And I prefer if I could have again a holster profile, as it's already detecting whether it's in a holster

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    09-28-13 11:43 AM
    Installed this leak yesterday as 1725 was being too buggy for me on the STL100-4 (Verizon Z10). While I backed up on Link in case I needed to go back, I did not restore anything from it. I also backed up my contacts using the Backup Plus Contacts Verizon app and used SMS Backup for the text messages. This time around (I used Contact X previously), all my txt messages came back with the contact names associated with the messages instead of just the phone number. No duplicate contacts either and I was able to turn off FB, LinkedIn and Twitter contacts. I started from scratch with this one re-entering all the setups for social media and other apps, then restored the contacts and txt messages. I did not restore a single thing from BBLink.

I kept all my pictures and music on the SD card and removed it before doing the actual upgrade and re-inserted it after setup (but before restoring apps.) All my old BB apps showed up in the "available" tab of BBWorld so I just re-installed everything that way.)

That being said, it is BY FAR the best leak for my phone. Battery life is phenomenal, dark themes are activated on SMS, Contacts, Calendar and BBM, although BBM will return to white when I install channels.

I did get my own debug token using the procedure in the thread mentioned before (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...erry10-817781/). After a few attempts using the wrong option, I did a quick search of the thread and realized that I needed to select the second option (apps for PB) not the first one (apps for BB10) to get the csj files by email instead of getting a csk file online. After sideloading the token along with the converted Android apps, everything I need runs perfectly.
    Yosep Wow likes this.
    09-28-13 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Software Version information is produced by specific circumstances. Not every build will report a Software Version number.

As for your random and uninformed statements about a DEV or Hybrid OS, I invite you to send me any autoloader that identifies the OS being installed as anything other than DEV, or that refers to the installation as anything other than Hybrid.

***Spoiler Alert: YOU CAN'T. Every single autoloader refers to them as such. And it has absolutely nothing to do with what you think it does.

If Software Version is so critically important to you, and if you have what you want on 1443, I strongly suggest you stick with that build.

I also suggest that if you don't know what you're talking about.....stop talking.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 09-28-13 at 12:32 PM. Reason: More accurately describing SW Version source.
    09-28-13 12:07 PM
    I would encourage people to learn the debug way. The process just adds more FUN to your already great and fantastic BlackBerry experience right? Here is a link that many have followed including me. Read lots and Enjoy what a wonderful device you have!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...erry10-817781/

Plus you do it a few times...just becomes part of the process then. All good!
    Your post begs the question of how to achieve good performance from sideloaded Android apps with a minimum of unnecessary effort.

I used the debugtoken method from the start, three months ago, converting every APK file to a bar file using the debug token, sideloading both the debugtoken and the converted bar files, and renewing the debugtoken every 30 days for new APK files (the old debugtokened bar files would continue to work even after the original debugtoken would expire).

When the unlocked Android Runtime came out, I switched to that, and just about every Android app worked. A couple that didn't work also didn't work using the debugtoken method.

Now the question is, very specifically, whether there is an advantage, other than being able to eliminate the bottom bar (important on a Q10, not so much on a Z10), to using an updated but locked Runtime along with the debugtoken as opposed to the older but still quite functional unlocked Android Runtime.

I tried the newer Runtime with this leak and on the few Android apps that did work without the debugtoken I couldn't see much of a difference in performance. I didn't feel like reconverting all the APK files using the debugtoken for what seemed to be a small payoff, or none at all. And, as I said, one of these days we're likely to get an updated, unlocked, Runtime leak.

The idea that it's "more fun" to get down to the nitty gritty of OS 10 and use a debugtoken as opposed to an unlocked Runtime reminds me a little of the complaints back in the '90s about MS Windows taking people away from the joys of entering commands in MS DOS. I think just using a BlackBerry Z10 instead of one of those iPlaythings gives you more than enough involvement in the nitty gritty of the OS.
    09-28-13 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I dont care about sw info.
    09-28-13 01:05 PM
    While digging through all the extracted assets of this build I stumbled upon an embedded wallpaper that I found interesting.

The image itself is not unique, but its properties are. The dimensions are 1280x1280. Of course, the normal dimensions are embedded as well, 768x1280 for the Z and 720x720 for the Q.

Any devs out there know why the assets in this build would include a 1280x1280 image?

Edit: it appears CB scales the upload to different dimensions, but the original is 1280x1280
    I think all the default wallpapers that come on the device from BlackBerry have been 1280x1280 since 10.0.
    My thinking on this was that things would work similar to how the wallpapers work on the Playbook when the Z10 eventually (if ever) got a landscape homescreen:
    Currently, in portrait, the Z10 wallpaper is a 768x1280 cropped center section of that 1280x1280 wallpaper.
    With landscape homescreen / lockscreen, I had assumed you'd get a 1280x768 cropped center section.
    That was my best guess when I noticed they were 1280x1280 anyway.
    09-28-13 02:45 PM
    After reading through most of this thread I've decided to download this leak to try to solve the text message issue I've been having with the .1725 leak. I can deal with a lot of bugs but that one is super annoying - especially if I get busy and don't realize that my text is stuck because then incoming texts from that contact aren't coming in.

I'm a little bit worried about the Docs 2 Go issue - not one I had in .1725. Hopefully the actual OS isn't too far away. I can last maybe 2 - 3 weeks without Docs 2 Go on my phone - thankfully it works on my playbook!

Thanks to BerryLeaks - and to all who have posted their experiences with this leak - good and bad.
    09-28-13 04:51 PM
    After reading through most of this thread I've decided to download this leak to try to solve the text message issue I've been having with the .1725 leak. I can deal with a lot of bugs but that one is super annoying - especially if I get busy and don't realize that my text is stuck because then incoming texts from that contact aren't coming in.

I'm a little bit worried about the Docs 2 Go issue - not one I had in .1725. Hopefully the actual OS isn't too far away. I can last maybe 2 - 3 weeks without Docs 2 Go on my phone - thankfully it works on my playbook!

Thanks to BerryLeaks - and to all who have posted their experiences with this leak - good and bad.
    It's hard to figure what this Docs to Go bug is. I tried sideloading a 10.1 version of DTG and it wouldn't run at all on 10.2.0.1761. I reloaded the 10.2 version and did a hard reboot, thinking that might work, but it didn't. Strange thing is that you can do voice dictation into DTG 10.2.0.1761 and it seems to work fine--you just can't type into it, or when you do, there is a long and unacceptable lag for the characters to appear in the document. I tried turning off all the predictive text settings--no- help.

I wonder if there is a fix or if we have to wait until the next leak or the official version. Maybe the BB developers aren't even aware of this bug in DTG.

I did try sideloading the free Android version of DTG from the Google Play store. It works, but of course you have to buy the full version for $9.99 to do any editing, and it's not clear how or whether you can upgrade from the free to the paid Android version on the Z10, since you need the free version to start and I can't see where you would put in the registration number in the free version.
    09-28-13 06:23 PM
    Is this the leak where the face detection tracks a persons face when they move?? I was in selfridges on friday checking out the Z30 and a fellow BB users appeared and showed of a leak with that face tracking feature.And Yes the Z30's have an old build of 10.2.Cant show any pictures now I just installed a 64 gb SD in my Z10 and foolishly synced it to itunes that im getting rid off and go back to good old fashion drag and drop folder sync.Its a long *** delete process.

So does this build have the face tracking?? It was hilarious the staff didnt have that build.
    09-28-13 07:06 PM
676 ... 2122232425 ...