So whilst loading my own leak i found a lot of tutorials on how to load the leak but not really in detail about what to do if something wrong happens! So here we go...
    Precautions

BACKUP! Number 1 precaution.... Try to have your contacts stored on a online system like gmail or outlook. This makes it easier to "restore."

Installing a Leak

This process is fairly easy as you get a hang on it. IF you are looking for the latest leak (10.2.0.1767) and instructions plz search the forum... For the reason of repeat i will not say how to install. If you fail once dont worry try again or try to seek here. (we are here to help). Every problem can be solved!! You're not the only one...

THE AUTOLOADER WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!

Restore

This is the thing that is least liked. I for one have never "wiped after install" i found no purpose and nor did not doing so bring any problems.

You might here here that restore is not a good choice. Dont worry i have done it for all my installs it does not change anything. (maybe .000001 %) Especially if you have 1567 contacts

Try to move some contacts to online system (mentioned above) OR to your sim card...

First Use

I always restart my phone like 5 times after restore it kicks the phone to action. IF YOU HAVE GMAIL OR ANY EMAIL SET UP you will have to re-enter the password for it to work. :P

The first 24-48 hours will be a pain but it gets better....

Tips

If you have any problems dont hesitate to ask, we will help you... If you dont feel comfortable with the release you can go back to the previous install or factory (which will be 10.0 or 10.1)

Restore from 10.2 to 10.0(.1)

So some members are saying that BACKUP CAN BE DONE FROM 10.2 to 10.0(.1). The process can be used with Sachesi! This tool ignores version number and will allow you to backup and restore!

Another way would be to use Darcy's Tool to change the version number and then restore using Link...

This has been tried and it does work! But THINK BEOFRE YOU ACT!!!!

Thats about it have fun installing
    Last edited by Tecker Man; 10-01-13 at 03:56 PM.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    09-30-13 08:43 PM
    Nice tutorial. I'm sure many will find this of use.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    09-30-13 08:48 PM
    So whilst loading my own leak i found a lot of tutorials on how to load the leak but not really in detail about what to do if something wrong happens! So here we go...
    Precautions

BACKUP! Number 1 precaution.... Try to have your contacts stored on a online system like gmail or outlook. This makes it easier to "restore." Remember NO 10.2 BACKUP WILL WORK ON 10.1 SO THINK BEFORE YOU ACT

Installing a Leak

This process is fairly easy as you get a hang on it. IF you are looking for the latest leak (10.2.0.1767) and instructions plz search the forum... For the reason of repeat i will not say how to install. If you fail once dont worry try again or try to seek here. (we are here to help). Every problem can be solved!! You're not the only one...

THE AUTOLOADER WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!

Restore

This is the thing that is least liked. I for one have never "wiped after install" i found no purpose and nor did not doing so bring any problems.

You might here here that restore is not a good choice. Dont worry i have done it for all my installs it does not change anything. (maybe .000001 %) Especially if you have 1567 contacts

Try to move some contacts to online system (mentioned above) OR to your sim card...

First Use

I always restart my phone like 5 times after restore it kicks the phone to action. IF YOU HAVE GMAIL OR ANY EMAIL SET UP you will have to re-enter the password for it to work. :P

The first 24-48 hours will be a pain but it gets better....

Tips

If you have any problems dont hesitate to ask, we will help you... If you dont feel comfortable with the release you can go back to the previous install or factory (which will be 10.0 or 10.1) REMEMBER YOU CANT RESTORE 10.2 on 10.0(or .1)

Thats about it have fun installing
    I have found that security wipe after install does havw a purpose. It cleans up any fragmented file pieces left behind. Those small bits may or may not cause any harm. Why take that chance?...

Trusted Member Genius
    10-01-13 04:29 AM
    Remember NO 10.2 BACKUP WILL WORK ON 10.1 SO THINK BEFORE YOU ACT
    Actually sorry to have to point this out, it will work if you use the sachesi tool posted in this forum. I updated to the latest 10.2 leak but downgraded back to 10.1 as i hada few issues. I did a backup of my phone when i was on the leak but through BB link it wouldnt restore so tried Sachesi tool and it restored all my data perfectly fine. No issues whatsoever, i do realise that it may not work for everyone but for me it worked yesterday.
    10-01-13 05:15 AM
    Actually sorry to have to point this out, it will work if you use the sachesi tool posted in this forum. I updated to the latest 10.2 leak but downgraded back to 10.1 as i hada few issues. I did a backup of my phone when i was on the leak but through BB link it wouldnt restore so tried Sachesi tool and it restored all my data perfectly fine. No issues whatsoever, i do realise that it may not work for everyone but for me it worked yesterday.
    Sachesi ignores backup OS version number in backup file. This is one way. Also you can use Darcy's tool to change OS version easily in the backup file so you can use BlackBerry Link. The 3rd option is to edit the manifest manually

However I'd add that restoring from a higher build is banned for a reason, it cannot guarantee 100% compatibility every time (most cases it should work though) but you can experience issues therefore.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    10-01-13 05:44 AM
    Sachesi ignores backup OS version number in backup file. This is one way. Also you can use Darcy's tool to change OS version easily in the backup file so you can use BlackBerry Link. The 3rd option is to edit the manifest manually

However I'd add that restoring from a higher build is banned for a reason, it cannot guarantee 100% compatibility every time (most cases it should work though) but you can experience issues therefore.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    Fixed!
    10-01-13 03:56 PM