I've loaded all the leaks and have messed around a fair bit with Android stuff, some of which worked, but some didn't. Anyway there a few very minor but odd things that won't go away and I'm not sure but may be leftover from previous installs. I haven't been religious about the restore process, for example (should have listened, Sir Jes!).

Anyway, I was thinking about doing a from scratch restore when the new OS is released on Rogers in an attempt to wipe the slate clean as it were. My question is, how to do this .... ? Should I load some earlier OS version before I load the new OS and upgrade from there? Am I wasting my time?

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Posted with my shiny new Z30
    01-24-14 06:15 PM
    I've loaded all the leaks and have messed around a fair bit with Android stuff, some of which worked, but some didn't. Anyway there a few very minor but odd things that won't go away and I'm not sure but may be leftover from previous installs. I haven't been religious about the restore process, for example (should have listened, Sir Jes!).

Anyway, I was thinking about doing a from scratch restore when the new OS is released on Rogers in an attempt to wipe the slate clean as it were. My question is, how to do this .... ? Should I load some earlier OS version before I load the new OS and upgrade from there? Am I wasting my time?

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Posted with my shiny new Z30
    I would do a full load of the 1925 OS and once its installed, wipe the phone and then do a "From Scratch" set up of settings and emails, etc. That way the OS is a virgin OS so to speak with no corrupted files. Once that is done, the official download should go over top of the 1925 with no problem and the restore will be clean. Just a thought as others may have better solutions. Good Luck!
    scienceboy likes this.
    01-24-14 06:49 PM
    Why not just reinstall the 10.2 OS from Link using the reload OS option? And then wait for official 10.2.1. I would do this on the 28th

Posted via CB10
    scienceboy likes this.
    01-24-14 07:02 PM