10-25-14 11:08 AM
29 12
tools
    Seems some people are having issues with setting up bedside mode in the latest leak.
    Granted it was available in the last leaks but didn't work. Latest leak it does work and some are having difficulties setting it up.

Step 1. open notifications and then click on the "bedside" profile:
    Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-img_20141022_204732.png

Step 2. click on "customize app notifications":
    Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-img_20141022_204738.png

Step 3. Click on "phone"(or whatever app you want to come through in bedside mode):
    Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-img_20141022_204746.png

Step 4. Turn on sound, vibrate, LED and set tone (customize your choice) :
    Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-img_20141022_204750.png

Enjoy!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938
    spooky2012 likes this.
    10-22-14 08:56 PM
    Yeah, this was quite different from what I was accustomed to. You can also access this from within the clock app.

But I figured it out last night then did away with it when I installed my porsche clock

STL-4. 10.3.1.938
    10-22-14 11:12 PM
    I love that BlackBerry have added user defined customization rather than deciding for us.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    tw820 likes this.
    10-22-14 11:20 PM
    Why reinvent the wheel? And add edges? Lol
    Still can't choose what profile bedside mode uses.
    Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-s14_08_08__17_46_47.jpg
    Why can't we keep things simple? ^

And who says I want to use the same profile everytime I use bedside/meeting mode?
    -When I'm sleeping at home, I want EVERYTHING to vibrate+led and bbm & bbm calls to be audible. I have a custom profile for this named "bbm"
    -When I'm sleeping elsewhere, I want it on silent (ALL leds on). The silent profile already does this

-When im at work, I want my calls alerts off and everything else set to on vibe + led. I have a custom profile for this named "vibe - no calls"

Because bedside mode CANNOT be automatically enabled / disabled at a set time ( yet meeting more can be, and bedside mode on bbos can be).. so I've been using meeting mode as my profile switcher for bedside mode.... qwll, I was pre 10.3, as now I can't choose what profile to switch to.

I'm expected to A) lose my configuration everytime I need to use a different profile for bedside or meeting mode, and I need to configure it 1 app at a time.. Lol or B) use a custom profile and forget about meeting/bedside mode.

I'm definitely not going to be doing A.
    Wouldn't be so bad if the sound and vibrate (also instant previews and led for only bedside mode) toggles weren't locked "off"... if I want them off, why can't I just turn them off?

All I ask.. Sr the very very least.. is in addition to this new stuff.. bring back the feature that let me choose what profile bedside mode uses
    .. also the ability to auto enable/ disable disable bedside mode when connected to charger during certain times

Bedside Mode setup 10.3.1.938-s14_08_08__17_50_58.jpg
    10-23-14 12:04 AM
    All I ask.. Sr the very very least.. is in addition to this new stuff.. bring back the feature that let me choose what profile bedside mode uses
    .. also the ability to auto enable/ disable disable bedside mode when connected to charger during certain times
    And also the ability to independently choose how much longer I want to snooze with each and every alarm when it goes off....over and over again...

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 12:20 AM
    Remember. Customized notifications has been in bbos for years. It's new to bb10. Writing features for bbos is not the same as writing for bb10. They JUST added the feature and this is still an unfinished/UNRELEASED build. Stepping stones. Rome wasn't built in a day... and whatever other cliche fits the description.
    Since adding customized notifications. This is the first build where it actually worked at all for bedside mode. This post is to clear confusion for some that can't get it to work at all.
    This is not a beat BlackBerry decisions over and over because they don't meet your standards on an unfinished product. Give time and chill.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 06:54 AM
    Why reinvent the wheel? And add edges? Lol
    Still can't choose what profile bedside mode uses.
    Doesn't Bedside Mode use the Bedside profile? Why would you want to specify a different profile?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    dpw09 likes this.
    10-23-14 07:28 AM
    Doesn't Bedside Mode use the Bedside profile? Why would you want to specify a different profile?
    For example: I want switch between two profiles: for nights when i have emergency support (need call and sms) and rest nights without all this.
    Hard bind to one profile is wrong way. It is about wrong (closed) design, not about if this is done or still developed..

BB phones are not only for CEOs and office rats for now. Next group of people are some kind of technicians in enterprise sphere..
    Too closed design is wrong for future..

With selection of profiles, we will make app for automaticaly easy switch between it related for example on defined event in calendar..
    Open your eyes and mind.. possibilities are bigger than you see..

PS: maybe I am wrong and BB want to be for basic/dumb CEOs and office rats only..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kaacz; 10-23-14 at 08:38 AM.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-23-14 08:18 AM
    You don't have to override profile volume?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:37 AM
    For example: I want switch between two profiles: for nights when i have emergency support (need call and sms) and rest nights without all this.
    Hard bind to one profile is wrong way. It is about wrong (closed) design, not about if this is done or still developed..

BB phones are not only for CEOs and office rats for now. Next group of people are some kind of technicians in enterprise sphere..

With selection of profiles, we will make app for automaticaly easy switch between it related for example on defined event in calendar..

PS: maybe I am wrong and BB want to be for basic/dumb CEOs and office rats only..

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I used to change by BBOS bedside all of the time based on situation. Sometimes I needed to be in call overnight. Sometimes I was fully off and only let emergency numbers contact me.

However I do really like what direction it is going. I believe someone posted a screen shot of customized snooze too.

More and more handy features are coming up in BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:42 AM
    What is more user friendly?
    - Simply select another profile in first level in Clock app..
    - or modify bedside profile in 5th level for (not one only) each wanted apps
    ??
    And doing this again and again .. many times in month.. simply bad design..

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-23-14 08:46 AM
    On Nokia N9 (first and last linux smartphone) I have app Profilematic.

It is easy to set rule "all radios off except gsm, data off, no sound, only vibra, powersaving on in all night after 10minutes idle" - when i use phone in night, this rule is not used..

And before this rule i have near same rule with decent sound notifications for call and sms in reason, when in calender i have event with name EMERGENCY.

Simply awesome possibilities for everyone.. Good example for people who not able to see more than now..

BB10 is lame in this kind of smart functions.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:57 AM
    I just want the content based alerting that existed in bis, and currently requires an app like bebuzz or hub++ to accomplish in bb10. If an app can do it why not build it into the os?

It does seem like BlackBerry is going full speed ahead with 10.3.1, it's nice to see how quickly things are getting updated, they must have more developers or got some new good ones.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 09:20 AM
    And I want say: I don't want to be all in OS. But design limitations are bad for 3th party apps in future.
    I look forward with hope - app like Profilematic will be created for BB10..

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did not have to. I thought it would be required but tested first and it worked as above.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 09:54 AM
    I did not have to. I thought it would be required but tested first and it worked as above.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938
    So do you think that it uses the volume of the active profile? So what if your active profile is bedside?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:13 AM
    So do you think that it uses the volume of the active profile? So what if your active profile is bedside?

Posted via CB10
    Active profile doesn't matter going into bedside mode changes it to bedside when active.

As for the overriding of profile volume, I guess it depends on how light of a sleeper you are I put mine to full blast.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 10:18 AM
    Active profile doesn't matter going into bedside mode changes it to bedside when active.

As for the overriding of profile volume, I guess it depends on how light of a sleeper you are I put mine to full blast.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.938
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The option says override profile volume. What profile is it overriding? Itself? If you're in bedside mode wouldn't the current profile be bedside mode?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 11:23 AM
    Posted via CB10
    This is question for WHO ??
    10-23-14 12:56 PM
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. The option says override profile volume. What profile is it overriding? Itself? If you're in bedside mode wouldn't the current profile be bedside mode?

Posted via CB10
    It's to override the main volume from the profile it is in. So you would think in this case since the main volume in the bedside profile is 0 and off you would think you would have to override the volume. But in this build you do not need to... unless you want to adjust the volume level.
    Maybe that will change in the future.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.938
    mrjmc99 likes this.
    10-23-14 01:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    OK, I guess some people want different profiles to switch to for sleep depending on what's going on. It sounds like in the interim you just need to make 2 tweaks the bedside mode profile when you go on and off call.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    10-23-14 02:55 PM
    @HotFix it is not simply .. read my post #12 .. And this is only basic use for me .. i want MORE

Not, it is NOT about simply on/off sound in two profiles ..
    In case of possibility, i want more: decent ring for emergency nights and short beep for other nights.
    Or more better: decent ring for all numbers in emergency nights and decent ring only for VIP numbers (family etc) in other nights ..
    And if awesome xmass coming - automatically switched depend on defined event in calendar ..
    10-23-14 03:53 PM
    And also the ability to independently choose how much longer I want to snooze with each and every alarm when it goes off....over and over again...

Turn ON the alarm and set how long you want to snooze for...it's there...try it.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    10-23-14 03:59 PM
    This is question for WHO ??
    Um... the op who already answered it thanks! It was a question about how to do the setup... the purpose of this thread, which you have hijacked to complain about the implementation.

Posted via CB10
    dpw09 likes this.
    10-23-14 04:43 PM
    Turn ON the alarm and set how long you want to snooze for...it's there...try it.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    Yes I know it is there and I've done it. But not the way it was with BBOS phones... Maybe you didn't have one.

nah.uhh likes this.
    10-23-14 05:42 PM
29 12