Folks, I have installed 10.2 on my Z10 and now have a problem with my BBM. It cannot install on my device no matter what I do. Here is the result of repeated attempts at loading BBM. Anybody have any thoughts about solving this issue?

BBM not working on 10.2-img_00000202.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:28 PM
    Im assuming you rebooted the phone? Also are you on 1047 leak? What about a security wipe?
    alan510 likes this.
    08-14-13 06:32 PM
    Yes, I rebooted the phone to no avail. As you can imagine the problem goes well beyond BBM as so many other programs are linked to BBM. I am on the leaked version that you mention. I am thinking that I may want to revert to previous OS which is the most recent version but I am not sure I can do that. But first things first, I like 10.2 and would like to keep it on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:39 PM
    Sign up for a BlackBerry Beta account and get access to the latest bbm channels beta. That should resolve

Posted via CB10
    alan510 and k3cub like this.
    08-14-13 06:50 PM
    Sign up for a BlackBerry Beta account and get access to the latest bbm channels beta. That should resolve

Posted via CB10
    why would the channels beta fix his BBM from not functioning?
    08-14-13 06:58 PM
    Installing the channels and such is exactly what fixed this same issue yesterday. As for why, I am not sure.
    08-14-13 06:59 PM
    Just be sure ur blackberry service is on, then security wipe ur device and everything will work as it should be.
    It happened to me the first time I loaded 10.2.0.1047.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    08-14-13 07:06 PM
    I just did this, I can verify it fixed my issue
    alan510 likes this.
    08-14-13 07:22 PM
    Everyone, it's a mystery to me but installing Channels did the trick. Thanks very much to all of you for your help and guidance. Just goes to show that if you ask for assistance there are kind people out there more than willing to pitch in.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:40 PM
    Anytime mate

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:35 PM
    Trust... it's all over the 1047 bug thread

Sent via Z10 on Verizon running .1047 thru CB10
    08-15-13 10:04 PM
    Because that's been the solution that I gave two weeks ago, and it works, and no one else has come up with anything else...
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-15-13 10:14 PM
    You may see "temporary server issue" or "restoring BBM" looping infinitely.

I can confirm that installing the latest BBM channels does, in fact, fix this issue.
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/BBMChannels/
    08-16-13 08:07 AM
    You may see "temporary server issue" or "restoring BBM" looping infinitely.

I can confirm that installing the latest BBM channels does, in fact, fix this issue.
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/BBMChannels/
    Thrilling where were you when I came up with this solutions weeks ago...

Now the caveat that no one has brought up, not everyone has access to BetaZone, so I would recommend for those either to A). load an earlier *.bar file, or B). My better recommendation, what a "little" bit longer...
    08-16-13 10:58 AM
    Not using 10.2... I figured some additional keywords and confirmation may help others find this solution. The link hadn't been posted either. Lurkers may find it difficult to sift through the bug thread. No need to be snide.. just trying to help. My 2c is that it's much easier to load a leaked OS than it is to find solutions to problems.

Now the caveat that no one has brought up, not everyone has access to BetaZone, so I would recommend for those either to A). load an earlier *.bar file, or B). My better recommendation, what a "little" bit longer...
    The beta zone is accessible to anyone with a BB ID. This is probably the best way, barring any testing of loading the old bars. That, and BB employees are updating that app unbelievable frequently. edit: OR just grab this guy's BAR: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1047-a-839758/
    08-16-13 02:06 PM
    The beta zone is accessible to anyone with a BB ID. This is probably the best way, barring any testing of loading the old bars. That, and BB employees are updating that app unbelievable frequently. edit: OR just grab this guy's BAR: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1047-a-839758/
    Okay so one thing I try and do here is stop the spread of absolutely ludacris statements, so let's get to it... Beta Zone is NOT accessible to anyone with a BBID, in fact many cannot access it because of their geographic location... Now on to what I said, and as you quoted I said you can grab the *.bar file that thurask and others have been posting or, again you can wait just a little bit longer... I'm glad you know the frequency to which things are being updated...
    08-16-13 08:51 PM
    Okay so one thing I try and do here is stop the spread of absolutely ludacris statements, so let's get to it... Beta Zone is NOT accessible to anyone with a BBID, in fact many cannot access it because of their geographic location... Now on to what I said, and as you quoted I said you can grab the *.bar file that thurask and others have been posting or, again you can wait just a little bit longer... I'm glad you know the frequency to which things are being updated...
    Zzzzzzing!

Sent via Z10 on Verizon running .1047 thru CB10
    08-16-13 09:07 PM
    I'm just going to drop the bomb:
    Beta Zone is NOT accessible for everyone.
    I applied a long time ago and my country is still not approved there.
    08-17-13 08:24 AM