We are both on this OS on Verizon Z10 and we are both the only members of said group. I normally wipe and install new OS, set up the phone entirely, then start on the next. But this time I wiped them both and did everything in tandem. This time we were able to see the group but with this icon:
    BBM group won't restore on 10.2.1.1803. Please help-img_00000002_edit.png, and when I click on the group, I get this error message:
    BBM group won't restore on 10.2.1.1803. Please help-img_00000001_edit.png

Only problem is, we both get the same error, thus there is nobody else to re-invite us.

Anyone know what we can do? It might be worth mentioning that we never use BlackBerry Link to backup or restore. We use other methods of saving/syncing pertinent items, but never had to touch BBM at all. I've never had an issue with it restoring.

We had a LOT of appointments, lists, and pictures saved only to this group. Any help finding a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:01 PM
    As far as I know a group needs to have at least one member in it for it to restore. Given that you were both 'unreachable' while upgrading, and you are the only two in the group, I think you're out of luck.

Magically appeared using the Mind Control app on my BerryLeaks Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the Gteatest
    11-19-13 12:03 PM
    What about BlackBerry Protect? Does that backup/restore groups? I know we both had it turned on in 10.2.1.1055

Edit: Nevermind. I've had protect running on every BlackBerry device since the storm2, but my protect says that there are no backups available... probably wouldn't have worked anyways. frustrating
    11-19-13 12:16 PM
    I'm with BlackScorpion on this one... I've had it happen to me before. if the members of the group are not reachable, it will not restore the group.

That has been my experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:38 PM
    What about BlackBerry Protect? Does that backup/restore groups? I know we both had it turned on in 10.2.1.1055

Edit: Nevermind. I've had protect running on every BlackBerry device since the storm2, but my protect says that there are no backups available... probably wouldn't have worked anyways. frustrating
    Protect only backs up on os7 and earlier devices. You can only leverage the other functions of protect on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:16 PM
    So my wife and I learned this same lesson the hard way you did. Because you upgraded both phones at the same time you both essential left the group and the system that houses the group deleted it. You are pretty much SOL. We had to recreate our group from scratch. My plan to keep this from happening in the future is to add one of our old BB to this group so that there will always be an active member. Sorry to see this happen to someone else especially if you two are like us and had been using the group for a couple of years, there is a lot of lost data.

We are both on this OS on Verizon Z10 and we are both the only members of said group. I normally wipe and install new OS, set up the phone entirely, then start on the next. But this time I wiped them both and did everything in tandem. This time we were able to see the group but with this icon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002_edit.png 
Views:	417 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	222320, and when I click on the group, I get this error message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001_edit.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	222321

Only problem is, we both get the same error, thus there is nobody else to re-invite us.

Anyone know what we can do? It might be worth mentioning that we never use BlackBerry Link to backup or restore. We use other methods of saving/syncing pertinent items, but never had to touch BBM at all. I've never had an issue with it restoring.

We had a LOT of appointments, lists, and pictures saved only to this group. Any help finding a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:29 PM