08-29-16 05:38 AM
46 12
tools
    so I am hitting a wall with saving some BBM messages on my Z30. It will only export/copy back to middle of june when in fact I have messages going back much further. How do I get them to copy or export? I can read them, but I can't copy them
    07-22-14 07:13 PM
    Thanks mate !!! it worked ...
    09-02-14 02:49 PM
    Have tried numerous time following the procedure here and only works if going from same pin numbered device to same pin number device, if you change phones have never got it to work

This is the one huge Epic fail on blackberries part is the total inability to easily save and restore previous bbm chats from either the same phone or a new one.

From my Zed 30 running 10.3.0.675
    09-02-14 04:01 PM
    Rockivy, I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't worked for you.

My backup and restores usually work fine but last night was the first time it decided to give me a run.

I use my Z30 as my daily phone and have a backup of my Z30 in my Z10. Everything is the same even my chat history!

There has to be a way to sort this problem!

? Z30
    09-03-14 01:25 AM
    You can give this a try. Worked for me on a same-device backup and restore.
    Using the up-to-date BlackBerry Link, one can backup and restore individual (as opposed to whole) App Data.

1. Take a backup of the apps you want to restore

2. After reloading OS / installing a new OS / security wipe, and BEFORE restoring from backup:
    2.1. Sign in and set up BBM
    2.2. YOU HAVE TO OPEN APP WORLD AND UPDATE BBM ON THE NEW DEVICE BEFORE RESTORING (Thanks to nah.uhh)
    2.3. In BBM settings, turn on 'Save Chat History' (This is a key step)

3. Using Link, restore just the BBM App Data from the backup file
    4. After device restart, your BBM chat history will be there (both individual chats and group chats)
    Last edited by ehsanp; 12-09-14 at 07:30 PM. Reason: important: update bbm before restore
    10-01-14 07:36 AM
    Just tried myself and updated my post above to add a missing important step: Update the BBM app from BlackBerry World before restore!
    Please confirm if it works for you too.
    12-09-14 07:39 PM
    Yup just did this again on the latest leak and it worked flawlessly, and I did make sure I had the same bbm version before hand

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2072
    01-24-15 03:53 PM
    I don't understand why the bbm chats can't be restored during the device switch process in Link.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:14 AM
    Just switched over to a passport from my z30 and am frustrated at my bbm convo not being backed up. Sigh. i wish they just do it the way whatsapp does and just encrypt the hell out of the chat history....
    01-28-15 01:03 AM
    You can give this a try. Worked for me on a same-device backup and restore.
    Using the up-to-date BlackBerry Link, one can backup and restore individual (as opposed to whole) App Data.

1. Take a backup of the apps you want to restore

2. After reloading OS / installing a new OS / security wipe, and BEFORE restoring from backup:
    2.1. Sign in and set up BBM
    2.2. YOU HAVE TO OPEN APP WORLD AND UPDATE BBM ON THE NEW DEVICE BEFORE RESTORING (Thanks to nah.uhh)
    2.3. In BBM settings, turn on 'Save Chat History' (This is a key step)

3. Using Link, restore just the BBM App Data from the backup file
    4. After device restart, your BBM chat history will be there (both individual chats and group chats)
    Just switched over to a passport from my z30 and am frustrated at my bbm convo not being backed up. Sigh. i wish they just do it the way whatsapp does and just encrypt the hell out of the chat history....
    Did you follow the instructions in post 30 above to restore it?
    01-28-15 07:50 AM
    Did you follow the instructions in post 30 above to restore it?
    I already moved my bbm over to my new device (probably should have checked this thread first). Not sure if it still works if I try to backup the BBM on my z30....
    01-28-15 10:49 PM
    I already moved my bbm over to my new device (probably should have checked this thread first). Not sure if it still works if I try to backup the BBM on my z30....
    If you have a backup of your Z30 (or make a new backup of apps and you can see bbm) that should work too.
    01-28-15 11:30 PM
    If you have a backup of your Z30 (or make a new backup of apps and you can see bbm) that should work too.
    I'll give that a shot this weekend...thanks!
    01-29-15 12:09 AM
    Tried this a few times and still couldn't get it to work. Does the BBM setup screen show up each time you restore from the backup?
    01-31-15 09:10 PM
    ...4) I then went to BlackBerry World and loaded the latest BBM since it's newer than the one that came with 1925, when you go to BlackBerry World you HAVE to login to your BBID, no biggie, do that, and load the latest BBM. I think this part is critical that you load whatever version you where running before your upgraded the OS...
    Hi guys, I'm glad I found this thread. I want to ensure I save my BBM conversations as well and confused on this one aspect. It is mentioned that you should install the latest BBM. However, the next sentence states that it is critical that you load whatever version you were running before you upgraded the OS.

Isn't that contradictory? It sounds like you went to a new version of BBM but then you say you should load the version of BBM you were running before the upgrade.

So what is the right answer? Does the BBM version matter? I just don't want to lose my conversations. I'm going to do a security wipe, upgrade the OS and then plan on restoring the data this weekend.

Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    02-27-15 04:37 PM
    Do you know if this process (or modified version of) will work to restore BBM chats when upgrading from OS7 device to a BB10 device?
    05-20-15 10:47 PM
    I can't seem to get past the BBID signin during SETUP ... swiping right just takes me back one screen ...
    09-08-15 12:36 PM
    There is a trick... Once you've installed your new OS, BEFORE you restore your backup you need to do a few things.

Starting with the first boot of the freshly installed OS...

1.) Do not sign into BBID when prompted to by the setup wizard / app, just swipe right to skip it.
    2.) Install the latest BBM or whatever version you want to be running from app world or beta zone app.
    3.) Open BBM, let it sign in and connect to your BBID. Then allow it to COMPLETELY restore what it can. (Everything but open chats) Groups and contacts need to be fully restored before going past this point.
    4.) Do any other housework you have, install sideloaded apps, apps from app world, whatever.
    5.) Set your BB to airplane mode and reboot.
    6.) After it's booted, wait 3-5 minutes from when you see the lock screen (DO NOT UNLOCK IT YET), then do your restore from link.
    7.) Profit

I follow steps similar to that with each OS upgrade and I haven't lost any of my conversations yet.
    There is no swipe right option at step 1. It forces you to login. Please elaborate on how to get past this step without logging in.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 11:44 PM
    BUMP! Does this work with switching devices?
    06-28-16 11:52 AM
    Your BBM settings, including your chat history, aren't saved when you switch devices or reinstall BBM.

🔥 📶
    08-27-16 07:03 PM
    "BBM for BlackBerry 10, Android, iOS and Windows Phone does not support transferring individual BBM chat history between devices. The only conversations that transfer when switching devices are BBM Group conversations.
    BBM for BlackBerry OS does save the individual chat history to the device memory which can be found at /home/user/im/BlackBerry Messenger/history/
    BBM for BlackBerry 10, Android, iOS and Windows Phone does not save the BBM chat history in an accessible location."

Source and credit : https://supportforums.blackberry.com...e/td-p/3078026

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-29-16 05:38 AM
46 12