06-12-13 08:23 AM
161 ... 567
tools
    Installed BBM10.2 on STL-1 today morning. It is working well. No issues at all.
    06-12-13 05:27 AM
    You won't notice any big difference. To find out the version of any app installed on your device use the Playbook App manager:
    1) Open Google Chrome
    2) Install the Playbook App Manager plugin for Chrome:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp
    3) Enable Developer Mode on your device
    4) Enter the IP address of your BB10 device
    5) You will be prompted to enter your device password
    6) You will see a list of all apps on your BB10 device
    7) Look for sys.bbm
    8) Version number should be 10.2.0.12
    Just did that and did a little bit of snooping.. What the heck is this system file that has a version of OS 10.2?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...10-2-a-817444/
    06-12-13 05:45 AM
    You won't notice any big difference. To find out the version of any app installed on your device use the Playbook App manager:
    1) Open Google Chrome
    2) Install the Playbook App Manager plugin for Chrome:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ljnelbpblnikkp
    3) Enable Developer Mode on your device
    4) Enter the IP address of your BB10 device
    5) You will be prompted to enter your device password
    6) You will see a list of all apps on your BB10 device
    7) Look for sys.bbm
    8) Version number should be 10.2.0.12
    Can we download the list of installed apps shown in chrome? For future reference...
    06-12-13 06:05 AM
    All he did was upload the file to CB. No credit should be given other than to BlackBerry. BlackBerry is the original source, and therefore, this thread should be edited and credited to BlackBerry.
    Oh is that alll he did?, could you have got the file for us? If you got it would you have the guts to let it out? Would you have taken time out of your life to extract the file even if by means of a program? U should just stop posting -_-

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:26 AM
    from ninja garden
    The other Ninja is back! Thanks.
    06-12-13 06:34 AM
    I'm not actually concerned with that. I'm bothered by the statement concerning LBFE, Kris, etc being treated like GODS - I'm paraphrasing of course. I'm not knocking anyone for the way they contribute, Rroyy used to be the OS guy before this, and it was similar accolades and monetary comp. There were others before Rroyy. Some of of us have been here for a while, and accolades is nothing new. What is different is how some get on this "I speak for us all" crusade, thinking the members of CB need a self righteous defender, from the evil Leakers. When I read complaints from consumers, my thinking is "what have you actually done, that merits complaint"?? Having the most posts, or getting your THANKS scores up does not give you a soap box, in MY view. When I'm on here ranting, I only speak for myself. We all talk and commune here, and that's cool, as long as mutual respect is exercised. But slandering someone(s) who sweat for us, by answering your every question, unwavering support... if there's nothing nice to say, STFU.
    That's just me though.
    If I have exclusive access to something, and I post here first, at the VERY least credit the CB community. That's all I'm saying.
    Could not have said it better. There is a reason LBFE is on CB and it's the same reason the troll is here too, CB is the best and BlackBerry recognises that. CB has done what even BlackBerry could not have done ie. start a community and provide feedback and help individuals with all things BlackBerry. They deserve all the credit due to them. The troll should just join bbos forums instead. One wonders if he sideloaded the bbm. Bar even though he is arguing about credits, that would be epic hypocrisy. Just my $0.02.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    Kris Simundson and Mecca EL like this.
    06-12-13 06:41 AM
    Just a FYI to the community, LBFE is no longer going to have a account here. He made a joke because of the previous incident where he and myself were called 'selfish'(albeit it was a joke but wasn't well written). He has never once asked for money from anyone. Nor has he received. When people asked, he said to donate to charity. So quite frankly he's had enough of the trolls and the bashing. These are words paraphrased from the message I woke up to on BBM from him.

Now, that said, I see my name and lbfe's name thrown around a lot, but that being said, there are certain things we have posted that wouldn't have been able to do without the help of other great devs and tinkers around the site. xsacha for his amazing program so we can build hybrids and eventually updated it into a simple to use GUI for those who don't have the technical savvy to make autoloaders or extract files. DarcyTallGuy for releasing a app extracting program so things like this BBM could get out to everyone (even though apparently xsacha already knew how just didn't share ).

And of course to the community, I may have tested a leak before it went out to you, but it's still no real world test. The feed back from the community on what has been wrong inside each leaked/beta/official OS. I knew the answer to some questions, but as people tested and installed, they've come to help one another, eventually providing more knowledge to myself and other "tinkering" folk.

I personally want to thank everyone of you that has stood up to voice your opinion and defend all of us that enjoy helping and providing daily fun to your amazing BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:00 AM
    (For the newbies on here)
    Well, regardless of who "originally" had it first(and it was on BBOS yesterday), who really knows who had the leak(s) first- except for those who have access. I know(in the past) certain members will already have access to OS leaks, but, that doesn't mean that it will get posted for everyone - right now. Anyway, I'm grateful to "whomever" provides the leaks. There will always be another forum that will get access to a leak - whether it comes from the same original source or not. Who cares and as long as you can update your BlackBerry OS. As far the who: Some things will/deserve to stay covert because last time "alleged" sources were revealed(LOL), the issue caused unwarranted drama between those that have access(and a select few) and those "demanding" access.....and still never found out who the OS leaker(s) were at that time.

BTW, if you're utilizing any or all parts of an OS that is leaked or considered a beta(including myself), leave the code of ethics and morals on the shelf......and just enjoy the OS and accept the responsibility if you eff things up on your device. It is a choice. We're all CrackBerry Addicts or we would all be "patiently" waiting for the carriers to relase the official OS.....and that would suck.
    Mecca EL and mkiiw like this.
    06-12-13 07:06 AM
    Just a FYI to the community, LBFE is no longer going to have a account here. He made a joke because of the previous incident where he and myself were called 'selfish'(albeit it was a joke but wasn't well written). He has never once asked for money from anyone. Nor has he received. When people asked, he said to donate to charity. So quite frankly he's had enough of the trolls and the bashing. These are words paraphrased from the message I woke up to on BBM from him.

Now, that said, I see my name and lbfe's name thrown around a lot, but that being said, there are certain things we have posted that wouldn't have been able to do without the help of other great devs and tinkers around the site. xsacha for his amazing program so we can build hybrids and eventually updated it into a simple to use GUI for those who don't have the technical savvy to make autoloaders or extract files. DarcyTallGuy for releasing a app extracting program so things like this BBM could get out to everyone (even though apparently xsacha already knew how just didn't share ).

And of course to the community, I may have tested a leak before it went out to you, but it's still no real world test. The feed back from the community on what has been wrong inside each leaked/beta/official OS. I knew the answer to some questions, but as people tested and installed, they've come to help one another, eventually providing more knowledge to myself and other "tinkering" folk.

I personally want to thank everyone of you that has stood up to voice your opinion and defend all of us that enjoy helping and providing daily fun to your amazing BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for being so humble, it is we who should be thanking you guys that do all the hard work. Keep up the hard work. Sorry to hear about LBFE leaving, hope he doesn't stop his work and keeps you (us) in the loop.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    06-12-13 07:08 AM
    To bad he left, the other person who started this **** is laughing now i guess, this forum is getting more and more like XDA that sucks
    06-12-13 08:09 AM
    I've been asked to close this thread. Sorry folks!

Lendo, rizaru_rin and 3hb78ftg like this.
    06-12-13 08:23 AM
161 ... 567