06-12-13 08:23 AM
161 ... 34567
tools
    Dangit!!! You beat me to it!!!
    Great minds think alike, lol. Respect

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-11-13 09:41 PM
    Because the 3rd that BB takes doesn't equal to the 100 that their code writers give. LBFE has connections, leaks are distributed without a PEEP from BB...conclusion - BB is hooking everyone up, and side stepping Carriers. If people feel like giving these guys money, it's their right and free will to do so. I'm not giving them any money, doesn't mean that if I feel like it someone can stop me.
    Like I said, I'm a tinkerer. There's a bunch of us here. We like to break what BB built so we can learn. It's called FUN. These guys supply fun. Your opinion is "it's not theirs to give...", my opinion is "BB gave it to them for a reason..." . The bottom line in my view is, my phone is fun to use because of LBFE, Kris, Darcy, etc. Who gave them what...I don't care. Why do you?
    If you read what was initially written, it states that LBFE wants credit for the file. He does not deserve, nor should be given credit at all. These are original BlackBerry files, and credit should go to BlackBerry if anything.
    06-11-13 10:15 PM
    For all we know, lbfe works for BlackBerry as the super secret leak man

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:16 PM
    For all we know, lbfe works for BlackBerry as the super secret leak man

Posted via CB10
    It's true! Didn't you know that lbfe stood for Leaked BlackBerry Firmware Extraordinaire.

Posted by my Z10 via CB10
    Mecca EL and walt63 like this.
    06-11-13 10:23 PM
    Credit here meaning acknowledging where the leak came from.

Leaks are provided by those who has the guts to do so.

Too many websites posting incorrect things without any mention of such.

These Leaks are now rare. We want more! Carriers these days don't test the OS pushed down our throats in a real world scenario, where we as a community do.

They should post the BlackBerry 10 OS like what they do to the legacy devices, so we can choose what's best.

My 2c

If you read what was initially written, it states that LBFE wants credit for the file. He does not deserve, nor should be given credit at all. These are original BlackBerry files, and credit should go to BlackBerry if anything.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Mecca EL, 00stryder, Sator and 1 others like this.
    06-11-13 10:29 PM
    Credit here meaning acknowledging where the leak came from.

Leaks are provided by those who has the guts to do so.

Too many websites posting incorrect things without any mention of such.

These Leaks are now rare. We want more! Carriers these days don't test the OS pushed down our throats in a real world scenario, where we as a community do.

They should post the BlackBerry 10 OS like what they do to the legacy devices, so we can choose what's best.

My 2c

All he did was upload the file to CB. No credit should be given other than to BlackBerry. BlackBerry is the original source, and therefore, this thread should be edited and credited to BlackBerry.
    06-11-13 10:41 PM
    This is my first time posting via channels, after downloading the BBM 10.2.0.12 I wonder if I am doing this thing right.

is not my upload ,so the others can copy it BBOS etc...

fun for desperados
    06-11-13 10:44 PM
    So has anyone found anything new?!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:55 PM
    One up on me, didn't know you could post via channels.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    06-11-13 10:58 PM
    So has anyone found anything new?!

Posted via CB10

I've seen absolutely nothing. Maybe the sideload didn't take.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    06-11-13 10:59 PM
    All he did was upload the file to CB. No credit should be given other than to BlackBerry. BlackBerry is the original source, and therefore, this thread should be edited and credited to BlackBerry.
    I don't understand your reasoning. I'm pretty sure if he hadn't leaked it and posted it, BlackBerry wouldn't

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:02 PM
    If you already had channels installed before than no you won't notice anything except for the app being a bit smoother

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:03 PM
    If you already had channels installed before than no you won't notice anything except for the app being a bit smoother

Posted via CB10
    It gets smoother? It's smooth as silk right now
    06-11-13 11:12 PM
    how to know if my z10 is already installed this bbm or not?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:16 PM
    I'm not actually concerned with that. I'm bothered by the statement concerning LBFE, Kris, etc being treated like GODS - I'm paraphrasing of course. I'm not knocking anyone for the way they contribute, Rroyy used to be the OS guy before this, and it was similar accolades and monetary comp. There were others before Rroyy. Some of of us have been here for a while, and accolades is nothing new. What is different is how some get on this "I speak for us all" crusade, thinking the members of CB need a self righteous defender, from the evil Leakers. When I read complaints from consumers, my thinking is "what have you actually done, that merits complaint"?? Having the most posts, or getting your THANKS scores up does not give you a soap box, in MY view. When I'm on here ranting, I only speak for myself. We all talk and commune here, and that's cool, as long as mutual respect is exercised. But slandering someone(s) who sweat for us, by answering your every question, unwavering support... if there's nothing nice to say, STFU.
    That's just me though.
    If I have exclusive access to something, and I post here first, at the VERY least credit the CB community. That's all I'm saying.
    06-11-13 11:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a leak so you have to sideload it.
    06-11-13 11:23 PM
    I'm not actually concerned with that. I'm bothered by the statement concerning LBFE, Kris, etc being treated like GODS - I'm paraphrasing of course. I'm not knocking anyone for the way they contribute, Rroyy used to be the OS guy before this, and it was similar accolades and monetary comp. There were others before Rroyy. Some of of us have been here for a while, and accolades is nothing new. What is different is how some get on this "I speak for us all" crusade, thinking the members of CB need a self righteous defender, from the evil Leakers. When I read complaints from consumers, my thinking is "what have you actually done, that merits complaint"?? Having the most posts, or getting your THANKS scores up does not give you a soap box, in MY view. When I'm on here ranting, I only speak for myself. We all talk and commune here, and that's cool, as long as mutual respect is exercised. But slandering someone(s) who sweat for us, by answering your every question, unwavering support... if there's nothing nice to say, STFU.
    That's just me though.
    If I have exclusive access to something, and I post here first, at the VERY least credit the CB community. That's all I'm saying.
    Well said my friend.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-11-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    vnBB10 give the version number apon installation...

BBM 10.2.0.12 with channels ;)-screenshot-11-.jpg
    06-11-13 11:32 PM
    That makes absolutely no sense. If I read on CNN.com that BlackBerry insiders have hinted at the thought of Heins doing a Willy Wonka-esque tour of BlackBerry headquarters a la golden battery packs in special Q10 boxes, and then sent that tip to CrackBerry where Adam takes the story and posts an article, are you saying he shouldn't credit me for submitting the news tip to them? Because the story actually came from CNN and I only sent in the tip, should my effort to bring it to the attention of the CrackBerry community go unnoticed or unacknowledged?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-12-13 12:17 AM
    I really don't get it why people are bashing Kris or lbfe. They have access to these apps, like hundreds or maybe thousands of others, but none of then seems to bother to leak anything. So I think, saying a thank you note nothing but being appreciated that they contributing to this community.

However making tools to sideload apps, create autoloaders, or extract bar packages is a work not done by BlackBerry. They're giving up their free time to use their expertise to make it easier to everyone to benefit from these leaks. On the other side, Kris spent countless hours of testing, so when you get a leak and install it, it'll work. He give back the community by dedicating his time.

And a last note: I translated many subtitles for tv shows before. It's illegal because I don't have the rights to modify the text, but many people needs it cause they English is not superior. And when anybody said a thanks I felt good, because I know that then some people appreciate my free time that I gave up to help them. I don't need those, I can understand English easily. What Kris done is barely the same. He could use 10.2, spoil us how good it is, maybe leak some screencaps. He choose to publish it and even test for us. Does this make him the developer if these apps? Nobody ever mentioned that. But be rational, credit where credit goes. And being open and dedicated to people while always came up some lame troll to get some fame by attacking him/them and still helping numerous people and answering stupid questions...
    I'd never feel bad to say a thanks to them. They contribute the way they can, and it's much more then many of us can do.

And if you still feel that they don't deserve anything, try some charity work. Any type that you can't profit/benefit from. And do it regularly and constantly at least a week for like 8 hours. And if you're still doing it after a year, you'll know that a thanks can make a lot of difference. And if you give up, then you never could be these guys even if you got your leaks from Thorstein.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:36 AM
    BlackBerry provides devs with the necessary tools/documents so developers can build awesome apps. In which they can sell to make a living and BlackBerry takes a portion of that to carry on business.

Kris and LBFE take BlackBerry's work, puts it on the internet, and then takes money.

How is this similar to BlackBerry supporting developers? Between BlackBerry and devs, it's a two way street.

Edit: I'm not saying leaking is wrong. Just proving your argument has holes.
    I didn't know about the donation link until now. But even if people have paid them, it is fair as they put in their time gathering information on how to get these leaks and testing the leaks. And they are getting paid for all the time they are putting in.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    06-12-13 12:49 AM
    You better stop right there.

You don't know what a leak is.

These guys leaking beta OS or parts of OS. They NEVER ONCE give away any apps built by developers. And no one in cb supports piracy.

These are 2 different fish!

BlackBerry provides devs with the necessary tools/documents so developers can build awesome apps. In which they can sell to make a living and BlackBerry takes a portion of that to carry on business.

Kris and LBFE take BlackBerry's work, puts it on the internet, and then takes money.

How is this similar to BlackBerry supporting developers? Between BlackBerry and devs, it's a two way street.

Edit: I'm not saying leaking is wrong. Just proving your argument has holes.
    06-12-13 01:04 AM
    More (or most) importantly, Kris/lbfe et al. didn't solicit it; it's the users (who benefited from Kris/lbfe et al.'s work) who repeatedly (and there are no small number of such grateful persons) asked for ways (eg suggestion to donate, buy coffee for Kris/lbfe, etc.) to be able to show their appreciation for Kris/lbfe's kindness. Not saying this is the case (without reviewing the thread carefully, but I don't think it's worth spending my time on), but even if they have (especially half-jokingly) asked for credit, pls react in a fair manner and not to use harsh words that are unwarranted. That said, I hope my comment will not offend anyone; life is short and precious, pls spend it creating and enjoying happiness....
    I didn't know about the donation link until now. But even if people have paid them, it is fair as they put in their time gathering information on how to get these leaks and testing the leaks. And they are getting paid for all the time they are putting in.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Kris Simundson like this.
    06-12-13 01:16 AM
    sideloaded this, now my bbm doesnt open /: Cant uninstall either!
    06-12-13 01:30 AM
    sideloaded this, now my bbm doesnt open /: Cant uninstall either!
    What OS are you on?
    06-12-13 01:39 AM
161 ... 34567