BB10 Bug Poll Template (click on the poll or results sheet then click on "pop out" in the top right corner)
    I want to get this poll set up so that whenever a new OS is leaked we can just drop in a poll in the findings and fixes thread so that users can quickly submit their findings and then check the results page to see what everyone's impressions are on the OS, and how well it fares on different devices and setup methods.

This is an example of one I did for .1155 and here's the results page

I'd like to be able to get a fairly detailed poll by the time the next leak drops. It is ok if you can contribute to one part but can't complete the rest of the parts (eg adding to the poll but breaking the results page or adding more results filters but not being able to get them to work) and either I or someone else can fix it up later.

Thanks
    12-11-14 01:25 PM
    Wow, this is amazing work. That's what it needs to have a detailed overview of problems with an OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:09 PM
    Very nice, and some interesting results! I'd be very curious to see them with a lot more input.
    12-11-14 04:37 PM
    Thanks, do you have any suggestions as to how to improve the poll? I just made some modifications, so feel free to submit some random information so I can get an idea of how the data will look.
    Last edited by grahamf; 12-11-14 at 05:22 PM.
    12-11-14 05:03 PM
    Maybe if it could be read (the actual questionnaire) on our phones?

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    cbcoza likes this.
    12-12-14 03:47 AM
    Maybe if it could be read (the actual questionnaire) on our phones?

I have no control over that as I'm using Google forms, but it does seem to work on my Z30 fine.
    12-12-14 04:24 AM
    Seems to be working here too. Looks like G has a report to make.

I'd like to see carrier added. There could also be details such as apps native/android, average use of phone, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
    12-12-14 10:02 AM
    Seems to be working here too. Looks like G has a report to make.

I'd like to see carrier added. There could also be details such as apps native/android, average use of phone, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
    All good ideas. I might implement the carrier as a text field as there's too many for a drop down.
    12-12-14 11:29 AM
    I clicked on open in external browser. I am then able to maximize screen to read the results page.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 06:34 PM
    Opened in external browser.
    Upon zooming to read, print goes right and down, out of view...but I get the idea...I'll try on my computer...

12-13-14 02:11 AM
    I should add a question asking if people recommend the release as a daily driver.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-14-14 12:09 PM
    All good ideas. I might implement the carrier as a text field as there's too many for a drop down.
    Maybe add the big ones to a drop down, but allow someone to select Other and specify in text if theirs isn't listed? Otherwise you will have a hard time with data normalization such as people using "ATT", "AT&T", "AT&T Wireless", etc... to all mean the same thing. I.E. Design for exceptions to the rule, not exceptions as the rule (I think I said that right). :-)

Thank you for doing this BTW!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-14-14 12:25 PM
    Reading the results would be better if questions were 1 to 5. Now you have to go back to the questionaire to decide if 2.8 is great or barely over half.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    12-14-14 01:03 PM
    Reading the results would be better if questions were 1 to 5. Now you have to go back to the questionaire to decide if 2.8 is great or barely over half.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    I can convert the results to a percentage. I like 1-3 because 2 and 3 on a 1-5 scale are fairly meaningless and open to interpretation. with 1-3 it is either one, the other, or somewhere in between.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-14-14 02:49 PM
    Maybe add the big ones to a drop down, but allow someone to select Other and specify in text if theirs isn't listed? Otherwise you will have a hard time with data normalization such as people using "ATT", "AT&T", "AT&T Wireless", etc... to all mean the same thing. I.E. Design for exceptions to the rule, not exceptions as the rule (I think I said that right). :-)

Thank you for doing this BTW!

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I suppose I can do that. The top providers could be debateable as a uncommon carrier could have more blackberry users than a popular one, plus so many carriers (especially in Canada) have all sorts of subsidiaries. I could adjust the list after each poll though.
    12-14-14 02:52 PM
    Does anyone else have the ability to make a copy? I was checking but when not logged in I can't make a copy but maybe when someone else is logged in they can copy it to their drive, and so the first person to post a findings and fixes thread can also create a poll to attach to that thread.
    12-14-14 03:03 PM
    Made a copy to my Google Drive from my Z.
    12-14-14 03:24 PM
    Awesome. This is really a good work. We should work to improvise when the next leak drops. (y)

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:52 PM
    I've added Blackberry Blend to the questionnaire. Now to wait until a new OS drops so I can test this.

Eh, I'll post it now as a trial run.
    12-21-14 03:34 AM