I have been using the Android version of Spotify for a month or so on my Z30 ( running 10.3.2.x ) and even though it works it's very clunky ( Playlists load slow, slow connections and the like ). I am a Spotify premium member, I pay monthly and I am getting fed up. They still say they are not supporting BB10 and I don't believe there are any plans for native support or at least fixing the Android version.

So I have taken to twitter @spotifycares and maybe others on this forum coul do the same. I would hope with the announcement of Apple Radio,which will have an Android Client, and I am sure Apple's eventual attempt to go after Spotify, feature v feature that this would be a great opportunity to finaly get a functional client.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by advcomputer; 06-11-15 at 05:13 PM.
    joekavorski likes this.
    06-11-15 05:02 PM
    Hmmmm...

OS are you on? Mine actually opens faster than coworkers native version on his HTC One. It runs very smoothly too!
    06-11-15 05:04 PM
    I have tried every version of 10.3.1 and 10.3.2. Latest update was last night BTW. I am comparing it to my moto x and the BB10 is slower, play lists load slower. I have done complete wipes, cleared cache, reinstalled, etc same issue.
    06-11-15 05:12 PM
    Agreed. Navigation is slow. Especially when syncing new songs. But once it's playing music everything is great.

That said, I'd love a native version.
    06-11-15 05:29 PM
    The mobile apps sucks anyway, premium or not.

I often get playback lag (Made a thread about it somewhere), something I wasn't getting when I first used the app.

What annoys me most, probably is that I find Spotify wanting to update almost every day.

Whhhhyyyyy

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    06-11-15 06:02 PM
    I tend to keep mine in offline mode most of the time - seems to help with the load time. Also, I hate how it randomly won't work/connect when it's in online mode - I find that stopping the app through the hub notification (while it's playing) gives me a better chance that it'll load properly next time I use it.

I would be thrilled if there was a native app. I freakin love Spotify. Halfway through my 3 month trial and good chance I'll stay a premium member, since it works great across all my other devices and computers.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:40 PM
    Can't imagine it's a passport vs os thing but idk... runs quite well for me. No complaints here.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 07:33 PM
    Last update was horrible, App became to be laggy. My solution : Just download some 6 month or older version and dont update . Simple.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 11:46 PM
    Yeah, I'd say the past hoard of updates has slowed it down. I might just reinstall it.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    06-12-15 12:03 PM
    Did you get the app from Amazon or Snap?

I have the snap version and it was always a little unstable in 10.3.1, but in 10.3.2.680 I am veryy happy with it.

Yes it loads slow, but then again it also loads slow on my desktop app and there's lots of other platform users complaining about slow load.

One thing you can try is going to the Spotify app settings page and doing the Delete all cache and data. Restart your device and try again.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 02:18 AM
    It's one of the smoothest apps on my Z30. Not sure what the problem is on yours, I've actually found it to be the most optimized of all android apps I've used. What OS are you running?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:09 PM
    Anyone tried the 'native' Slacker app? It takes less than 10 seconds before my music starts to play. Could be an option for those not already paying Spotify premium...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:41 PM
    In my opinion it would be good for BlackBerry to integrate all amazon services into the native apps (video / audio) and to buy spotify. Sure, at the moment Spotify is expensive, but it is a real competitor to apples service and available to all platforms. Push it in the right way and you have a winner!! (videos, better music prediction, real radio channels [with moderators, talking about stuff, late night talk, etc.]) and integrate it in BB10 and make it available to alle mobile platform

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:17 PM
    In my opinion it would be good for BlackBerry to integrate all amazon services into the native apps (video / audio) and to buy spotify. Sure, at the moment Spotify is expensive, but it is a real competitor to apples service and available to all platforms. Push it in the right way and you have a winner!! (videos, better music prediction, real radio channels [with moderators, talking about stuff, late night talk, etc.]) and integrate it in BB10 and make it available to alle mobile platform

Posted via CB10
    That sounds too risky for a Chen BlackBerry. I do like your thinking, the Kindle is a brilliant tablet with all of the Amazon media services so tightly integrated.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:23 PM
    Amazon Spotify > Google Play Spotify.
    It's actually flawless and my most used app. I'm also a premium subscriber and use it continuously both at work and while driving.
    I'm on 10.3.2.798.
    Spotify 2.8.0.2081.

Supporting the people's revolution worldwide via my BBZ30
    06-14-15 10:31 PM
    Mine works fine thou

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-15-15 02:20 AM
    Spotify works fine for me too on Z10. You might wanna try to remove Spotify, remove cache, reboot and reinstall it. Maybe it will perform better afterwards.
    06-17-15 10:39 AM
    I used to have Spotify Premium but as they have no plans to support BB10 I have no plans to support them any longer. So short story and Apple got my money for unprotected more or less good quality music.
    Warios and awakerman like this.
    06-18-15 03:58 AM
    My Spotify becomes slower until it takes minutes to load my playlists. Then it becomes fast again after I 'Delete Cache and Save Data' and re-login.
    11-01-15 05:39 PM
    Why isn't HTML5 an option for all these big companies? What is the advantage for them to only use apps?

I don't want to use Android apps anymore and have to cancel my premium account for this. That can't be their goal. Maybe they don't need my 10. Nah, that can't be it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:42 PM
    My carrier just offered me Spotify Premium free of charge for the next two years. Too bad it doesn't support BlackBerry OS10.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-02-15 02:14 PM
    Spotify loaded from Amazon and no issues on my Q5 running 10.3.1.1779

I had Spotify premium for a while but recently went with their free service while trying Apple Music. When I dumped Apple Music I stayed with Spotify Free, but both the Free and Premium worked well on the Q5.
    11-02-15 02:27 PM
    I hear what you are saying. A lot of these companies could save a lot of headache by just coding HTML5 apps and then having a proper Icon for the internet shortcut. My small credit union has an awesome HTML5 site and it allows for all sorts of online banking options like uploading checks which all of these major banks claim as some feature of their exclusive app.
    11-02-15 04:37 PM
    Why isn't HTML5 an option for all these big companies? What is the advantage for them to only use apps?

I don't want to use Android apps anymore and have to cancel my premium account for this. That can't be their goal. Maybe they don't need my 10. Nah, that can't be it.

Posted via CB10
    Html5 wouldn't be better than the android app, at least we get some kind of music control with the app and offline playback.
    11-02-15 05:06 PM
    Running old version of Spotify (0.7) and it really smooth (also white background in playlist is nice)
    Actually it's possible to have two versions of app in one phone, so my second version is 2.5 (4 beta feels heavy on my Q and doesn't really add any value to experience)
    11-02-15 05:14 PM