Since I've upgraded to 10.3.2.2339, in the BB World store client I can only see part of reviews, e.g. it says that there are 8 reviews but only 4-5 are shown. For some apps which have only 1-2 reviews, no reviews whatsoever are shown...

Is it just me or is it a bug of this store client version?

Is there a way to downgrade just the store client to an older version?
    08-14-15 03:16 PM
    Since I've upgraded to 10.3.2.2339, in the BB World store client I can only see part of reviews, e.g. it says that there are 8 reviews but only 4-5 are shown. For some apps which have only 1-2 reviews, no reviews whatsoever are shown...

Is it just me or is it a bug of this store client version?

Is there a way to downgrade just the store client to an older version?
    I'm on 2339... just check five apps and it let's me scroll down the reviews..... have you tried a reboot?
    08-14-15 03:30 PM
    Hey,

The problem actually isn't that it doesn't show any reviews but that it shows only part of them, e.g. the title says "8 reviews" but I can see only 4. Only in case of apps which have a very small number of reviews (like 1 or 2) it shows none. Before the upgrade, I could see all of them.

BB World client bug on 10.3.2.2339?-.png

BB World client bug on 10.3.2.2339?-b.png

I've tried all sorts of things - a reboot, "refreshing" the BBWord app (there's an option in settings for this)... nothing helps. It's annoying because it prevents me from being able to easily track reviews of my own apps.
    08-14-15 03:45 PM
    Downgraded to appworld client from OS 10.3.1.1779 using Sachesi - no change. So it must be a problem on BlackBerry servers (unless it takes downgrading something else, too)....

Of course, it can only be noticed with apps having a relatively small number of reviews. One won't notice it if an app has 300 reviews because no one's counting them to realize that only 200 are shown. But in case of apps with - say - 10 reviews it is easy to notice that only 5 are displayed....

What is the proper way to report it to BlackBerry?
    08-14-15 10:14 PM
    With Headless Cuckoo I see same 3 from 5. Maybe only Reviews with text are shown..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kaacz; 08-16-15 at 02:00 AM.
    BurningPlatform likes this.
    08-16-15 01:20 AM
    Hi Kaacz, thank you for confirming this issue. Headless Cucukoo has 5 reviews with text, they can be seen in the web version, but the store client on the phone only shows 3. And it looks the same with nearly all other apps I've checked. I don't know what's causing this problem - if the web version shows all of them then it's not a server issue, but on the other hand downgrading the store client on the phone to the OS 10.3.1 version didn't help, either.

I'd like to report it to BBRY but I don't know what's the right way to do this.
    08-16-15 10:06 AM
    I'd like to report it to BBRY but I don't know what's the right way to do this.
    Anyone kind enough to give me the email address or point me to a web form where such bugs can be reported to BBRY?
    08-19-15 04:50 PM
    Anyone kind enough to give me the email address or point me to a web form where such bugs can be reported to BBRY?
    Best shot would be the BlackBerry Jira system, which is used for OS bugs
    08-19-15 05:06 PM
    Been honest the store client is awful, it takes me back to Nokia Store
    BB World client bug on 10.3.2.2339?-img_20150818_121051.png
    08-19-15 05:06 PM
    OK, I'll give JIRA a try.

P.S. In case of your app (Custom Shortcuts) only 10 reviews out of 23 are shown, and in case of Shortcuts Free even less - only 2 out of 8. What a mess.
    08-19-15 06:45 PM
    So I got an answer from Vendor support about this problem.

It turns out that it is a result of BlackBerry's recent "great idea" that reviews are now shown only to those whose phones have the same device ID as that of the reviewer. In other words, if you have e.g. the Z30 then from now on you'll be seeing reviews made by Z30 users only. Forget about being able to read reviews made by e.g. Z10 or Z3 owners.

What an idiotic idea. How does an app differ between e.g. Z30 and Leap, or between Q10 and Q5. It's the very same application running on the same OS on almost identical devices. Why further limit users' access to reviews while there are usually so few of them anyway. If an app has multiple reviews but none of them from a Z10 user then Z10 users will be seeing NONE.

It was understandable that reviews from other OSes/platforms were not shown for a different OS (e.g. reviews from Playbook were not shown for BB10 phones) but further limit the visibility of reviews to a specific PHONE MODEL is just insane. No other app store does such a silly thing.

When a new phone model comes out, it means that its users won't actually see ANY reviews of ANY apps until they start posting reviews on that phone model themselves.
    08-24-15 10:36 AM
    Hmm, that's a stupid idea, I want my users to see all reviews regardless of device
    08-24-15 12:39 PM
    Hmm, that's a stupid idea, I want my users to see all reviews regardless of device
    Hopefully more developers will read it and start sending emails to BBRY to cancel this change. Otherwise it'll stay so.

I can't imagine that when a new BB10 phone comes out in a month or two, all its users won't see a single review of any of my apps (or actually any apps in the store from any vendor), and the story will repeat with every new phone model. Unthinkable.
    08-24-15 12:56 PM
    Hopefully more developers will read it and start sending emails to BBRY to cancel this change. Otherwise it'll stay so.
    Maybe something for the BBW/vendor Forum on BlackBerry Discussions
    08-24-15 12:58 PM
    Maybe something for the BBW/vendor Forum on BlackBerry Discussions
    Already posted:

BlackBerry's new (and amazingly illogical) approac... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

so those who don't like this change please go there and express your dissatisfaction...
    08-24-15 01:30 PM
    UPDATE: BlackBerry has agreed with my concerns and THE CHANGES WILL BE CANCELLED

Mark Sohm (BlackBerry Developer Support) wrote:

Thanks to all have commented here. I made the BlackBerry World product team aware of the concerns expressed here over the filtering of reviews, and they agreed with the points you've all made. There is a BlackBerry World server update planned for next week and this behaviour will be reverted with that update. So you should see all reviews appearing again in a couple of weeks (update + time for cache refresh).

Mark Sohm
    BlackBerry Development Advisor

BlackBerry's new (and amazingly illogical) approac... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-25-15 01:12 PM