Hi,

Its been long staying on bb, but now sudddenly whtsapp stopped working (support stopped as stated by whtsapp). on my bbQ20. My OS version is 10.3.2.2836

Is there any help or any installation i can do to get whtsapp back.
    I already tried to install android playstore and android download manager posted here on one of the forums, but that didnt worked.

Please help or it will be a goodbye to bb?
    01-15-18 06:05 AM
    Use a supported device.
    01-15-18 06:08 AM
    01-15-18 10:03 AM
    also very disappointed in whatsapp, discontinuing support and blocking service are two completely different things
    01-15-18 10:35 AM
    Hi,

Its been long staying on bb, but now sudddenly whtsapp stopped working (support stopped as stated by whtsapp). on my bbQ20. My OS version is 10.3.2.2836

Is there any help or any installation i can do to get whtsapp back.
    I already tried to install android playstore and android download manager posted here on one of the forums, but that didnt worked.

Please help or it will be a goodbye to bb?
    Do this EXACTLY:

Download and install WA from here:
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Then:

Run this once after installing, it'll only work if you have an SD card.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    Last edited by brookie229; 01-15-18 at 12:06 PM.
    01-15-18 10:44 AM
    appwolrd link say that the page is no longer available.
    Secondly i have installed the apk but it is not installing.
    01-15-18 11:02 AM
    I tried that on a z30 and got the message install failed, btw the first link you posted
    Site Map: Not Found
    The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    01-15-18 11:02 AM
    also very disappointed in whatsapp, discontinuing support and blocking service are two completely different things
    But they have every right to block service on ANY device per TOS. Could be for any legal reason and I'll bet one reason is unsupported devices because they don't want liability issues for some tragedy (real or imagined) because of problems with service. They've given everybody an extra year to prepare for this on top of the original lead time for original expiration. It's not like this is some big surprise.

If you're really disappointed with them, do the ultimate lesson of dissatisfaction, close your account. Don't pay them with your private data.
    01-15-18 11:31 AM
    But they have every right to block service on ANY device per TOS. Could be for any legal reason and I'll bet one reason is unsupported devices because they don't want liability issues for some tragedy (real or imagined) because of problems with service. They've given everybody an extra year to prepare for this on top of the original lead time for original expiration. It's not like this is some big surprise.

If you're really disappointed with them, do the ultimate lesson of dissatisfaction, close your account. Don't pay them with your private data.
    understood, they do have the right, just all announcements seemed to indicate that you may lose some functionality but the app would still function, blocking service is just not nice, and i am sure the terms of service cover their *** for any liability
    01-15-18 11:43 AM
    appwolrd link say that the page is no longer available.
    Secondly i have installed the apk but it is not installing.
    Try this: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA
    01-15-18 12:06 PM
    understood, they do have the right, just all announcements seemed to indicate that you may lose some functionality but the app would still function, blocking service is just not nice, and i am sure the terms of service cover their *** for any liability
    The announcement from the WhatsApp developer assigned to BB10 couldn't have been more clear. It was even reposted on the front page of CB.
    01-15-18 12:06 PM
    install android whatsapp apk
    if you face media sharing error then download whatsfixer from blackberry world which will guide you about fixing error.
    the process is so simple and easy

majidawan
    01-26-18 04:54 AM
    Also, if/when you get a prompt saying that you need Google services to be installed, tap anywhere outside of the box and it will resume the set up.

Posted via CBX
    01-29-18 05:59 PM