12-29-16 05:29 PM
30 12
tools
    I get a used Passport. The seller made a security wipe and sent me the device but when I started to use the phone it doesnt let me sign in with my BB ID.

"Thief Protection is on" and only the sellers ID is accepted to make the whole setup process.

I tried to set the Protect (by phone) OFF but when I set it ON it doesnt remain in this state, it is OFF. On the website (protect.blackberry.com) doesnt exist the device I can just delete the profile -> nothing happens.

The phone has 10.3.3.746 (sigh!) and afaik it is the last state there is no back.

Tried to load - by autoloader - this software but it is stuck in protected status.

Please help! I love this phone and I'm absolutely happy that BB has a really working feature (if I were a thief I would put it to the stove but I want to own it!!!)...
    10-21-16 10:34 AM
    You can't turn off or remove the BB Protect feature while the phone is on 10.3.3.746 Developer version.

Unfortunately it's going to be stuck that way until BB officially releases 10.3.3 and then hopefully the seller will be able to remove BB Protect from the phone.
    10-21-16 11:32 AM
    I installed Sachesi and saw that there is no Protect installed (?) on the device. It doesnt exist so I cant set it OFF?

You can't turn off or remove the BB Protect feature while the phone is on 10.3.3.746 Developer version.

Unfortunately it's going to be stuck that way until BB officially releases 10.3.3 and then hopefully the seller will be able to remove BB Protect from the phone.

OMG

But how can it store the protected status? Should the wipe help or sg other? Fire, ice, deep ocean or what?
    10-21-16 11:32 AM
    I get a used Passport. The seller made a security wipe and sent me the device but when I started to use the phone it doesnt let me sign in with my BB ID.

"Thief Protection is on" and only the sellers ID is accepted to make the whole setup process.

I tried to set the Protect (by phone) OFF but when I set it ON it doesnt remain in this state, it is OFF. On the website (protect.blackberry.com) doesnt exist the device I can just delete the profile -> nothing happens.

The phone has 10.3.3.746 (sigh!) and afaik it is the last state there is no back.

Tried to load - by autoloader - this software but it is stuck in protected status.

Please help! I love this phone and I'm absolutely happy that BB has a really working feature (if I were a thief I would put it to the stove but I want to own it!!!)...
    Sorry, you're screwed unless the seller gives you the email address and password of their BlackBerry I'D. Until then, you have an expensive paperweight.
    10-21-16 11:40 AM
    Sorry, you're screwed unless the seller gives you the email address and password of their BlackBerry I'D. Until then, you have an expensive paperweight.
    I own these, I can use it with his datas! He knows and accepts it. I just want to have the whole PP!
    10-21-16 11:48 AM
    I own these, I can use it with his datas! He knows and accepts it. I just want to have the whole PP!
    You have to sign in with his BlackBerry ID, then turn off BlackBerry Protect, then wipe, then you can sign in with a different ID. Otherwise, the phone is useless.
    Montmartre likes this.
    10-21-16 12:02 PM
    You have to sign in with his BlackBerry ID, then turn off BlackBerry Protect, then wipe, then you can sign in with a different ID. Otherwise, the phone is useless.
    This is the correct method. Yes. But doesnt work! There is no Protect which could be inactivated! There is a menu in the Security section but the switch doesnt work.
    10-21-16 12:12 PM
    Wait for the official 10.3.3 update. Only then you can have a fully functional device.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 12:43 PM
    From the 'Help with resetting my Z30 and BBID?' post -

1. Settings > BlackBerry Protect > Anti-Theft > OFF;
    2. Log in to BlackBerry Protect > Manage Devices > remove the device from your BBID;
    3. Wipe the device (optional: use an autoloader);
    4. Sell the device

Really sorry for you OP. I hope you canget in touch with the dude and sort it out.
    Since in your case you bought the device, the last step to sell the device does not apply .

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 12:53 PM
    From the 'Help with resetting my Z30 and BBID?' post -

Since in your case you bought the device, the last step to sell the device does not apply .

Posted via CB10
    BB Protect doesnt release my Passport-bb_protect.jpg

This is the Protect menu. No Anti theft, no working switch. It remains in this state when I set it ON. But thanks for the helps I buy an ID too to use it
    10-21-16 01:03 PM
    Are there any advice or warning not to install betas avoiding this on Passport or on other devices?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 02:19 PM
    10-21-16 02:50 PM
    Clear, thanks!
    10-22-16 12:25 AM
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 12:26 AM
    If I'm a lucky man there will be a 10.3.3. update soon!
    10-22-16 01:01 AM
    Unless the seller disclosed all the details, and you purchased it knowing what a clusterfriggle you purchased, which it appears you didn't...

Request a refund, and purchase a Passport from someone with a shred of decency.
    10-23-16 12:09 AM
    Unless the seller disclosed all the details, and you purchased it knowing what a clusterfriggle you purchased, which it appears you didn't...

Request a refund, and purchase a Passport from someone with a shred of decency.
    Like me he didn't know what means to install a beta causing this but told me it's status... He was correct and I accepted it.

//I've sold mine last year. Buyer sells it again for low price - the PP doesn't find network... //
    10-23-16 02:47 AM
    Sorry you got a frigged up Passport. I got one months ago that the seller didn't disclose that they loaded the DEV os onto it and now it is a very unpleasant reminder that I can only use it for a tablet. The phone and text doesn't work at all. It shows registered to my carrier network, but, emergency calls only. This is the only time I have ever been impatient for an updated os to be released. #sigh
    10-25-16 03:59 PM
    Sorry you got a frigged up Passport. I got one months ago that the seller didn't disclose that they loaded the DEV os onto it and now it is a very unpleasant reminder that I can only use it for a tablet. The phone and text doesn't work at all. It shows registered to my carrier network, but, emergency calls only. This is the only time I have ever been impatient for an updated os to be released. #sigh
    Crossing fingers!
    10-26-16 12:44 AM
    Hello, normaly to unlock the phone from the last bbm id, the owner of Last bbm id locked on the phone must to deactivated in himself in his Web account. He must have a security web page with the phone conected already in His bbm id. After that,, the phone will be free to use. (sorry, I'm French)
    11-07-16 05:50 AM
    Hello, normaly to unlock the phone from the last bbm id, the owner of Last bbm id locked on the phone must to deactivated in himself in his Web account. He must have a security web page with the phone conected already in His bbm id. After that,, the phone will be free to use. (sorry, I'm French)
    Do you think "protect.blackberry.com"? It is impossible because the Passport doesn't exist like a protected device therefore impossible to remove it from the protection. I have his BB ID but I'm unable to get it free...
    11-07-16 09:07 AM
    May be I don"t understand something but when I sold Z10 this what had been done.Log in to "Blackberryprotect.com" with BB ID,Manage devices,remove the device,doing that you should remove phone from BB ID(of previous owner),wipe the phone.New owner just sign in with his BB ID following settings steps.No one complained or asked me my BB ID.I have got used Q10 and I just made sure the phone was removed from BB account,no problem on my side as well,if seller is honest no problem should be,no matter what version installed,just in case 10.3.3 has some blocking futures and we don"t know about it.Don"t think you must free the phone,instead just remove the phone from account,so no protection will be applied on this phone.BUT,may be I"am wrong,for me this worked.Good luck.
    11-07-16 12:49 PM
    Thanks! It is simple: there is no Protect in 10.3.3DEV!!! Unable to switch off!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 01:37 PM
    I own my own passport, OMG!!!
    12-01-16 02:07 AM
    Good news, 10.3.3 is official!

-via Crackberry for Android (6.0.1) from my Priv by BlackBerry
    12-01-16 09:57 AM
30 12