Howdy, running Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767, but have noticed this oddity since the beginning of 10.2 leaks.

I throw in a fresh battery, and for the next two and a half to three hours, my "system use" is around 50% with battery drain of around 20% per hour. Eventually it settles and goes back to the standard 3% or less usage ubtil I need a fresh battery again, when this all repeats again. I own three batteries.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:21 PM
    every battery will need sometime to be "learnt" by the internal battery monitor. I think you will be okay within a few days unless that battery is a lemon.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-04-13 05:25 PM
    I've had these batteries since the Z10 launch at the beginning of February. They all only behave like this when I do a swap.

Posted via CB10
    plain likes this.
    10-04-13 05:42 PM
    I've had these batteries since the Z10 launch at the beginning of February. They all only behave like this when I do a swap.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it took some power when we do pull batt or swap baterry but usually on the first 1/2 or an hour. I think that will be mainly depend on the signal quality in your area and also number of bbm/social scope (whatsapp, line, facebook etc.) contacts in your phone that doing sync at that time.
    Mine need around an hour to settled back in and 8-10% for the 1st hour. afterwards the phone goes for around 10-12 hours before recharging.
    plain likes this.
    10-04-13 07:21 PM
    Howdy, running Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767, but have noticed this oddity since the beginning of 10.2 leaks.

I throw in a fresh battery, and for the next two and a half to three hours, my "system use" is around 50% with battery drain of around 20% per hour. Eventually it settles and goes back to the standard 3% or less usage ubtil I need a fresh battery again, when this all repeats again. I own three batteries.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    You shut phone off first right?...I hope so...pulling batteries on a running BB10 device is a no-no. Hard on the os and may cause issues.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-05-13 10:24 AM
    Interesting, I hadn't tried a "restart" to see what that does, and it has the same result as a battery pull. System is using 50+% and device runs warm. I wonder if I should wipe, Re do the leak, but this time nor restore "settings " and only do apps and media?
    Battery swap leads to heavy battery drain-img_00001439.png

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 05:40 PM
    Simple process when using multiple batteries. Wait until the phone dies and shuts off prior to switching batteries. With moderate to heavy use I get from 10 to 12 hours a day on one battery. By doing this I never plug my phone into a charger, I use the battery bundle to charge them.
    10-05-13 08:37 PM
    Team, I don't seem to be getting any useful answers, I'm not sure if I am being clear enough.

I charge the phone overnight and that battery runs me let's say 8-10 hours, system use readings typically around 3% all day.

Then when it gets down to let's say 15-20% I turn it off, and grab one of my two spare charged batteries. These are running around 50% system use, for about three hours, and drop to 30% battery in that time.

I did not have this on leaks prior to 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:36 PM
    Well clearly if it is happening on the leaks, then the leaks are the cause of the problem, in that case I really don't think you can do anything about it unless you want to revert to an official software version

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:54 PM
    Simple process when using multiple batteries. Wait until the phone dies and shuts off prior to switching batteries. With moderate to heavy use I get from 10 to 12 hours a day on one battery. By doing this I never plug my phone into a charger, I use the battery bundle to charge them.
    I thought running to battery to shut downs was harmful over the long haul to these batteries. At least that seemed to be the consensus with the 9700 and 9900 batteries.
    10-06-13 08:29 PM
    I thought running to battery to shut downs was harmful over the long haul to these batteries. At least that seemed to be the consensus with the 9700 and 9900 batteries.
    I thought so as well, but I've been getting more out of them with that process

(BBM#13) What moves you, my Z10 | BBM Channel C000E8328
    10-06-13 08:33 PM
    I thought so as well, but I've been getting more out of them with that process

(BBM#13) What moves you, my Z10 | BBM Channel C000E8328
    But maybe that isn't worth it is it if you are damaging the longevity of the batteries?
    10-06-13 10:23 PM
    Unfortunately you may need to put some work into this. If there is a friend or someone with the same phone swap batteries for a day and compare. Other trouble shooting steps would include security wipe, downgrade software, and resetting the battery by letting it die all the way and then charging it all the way. Leave it on charge for a few minutes after 100%. Worst case scenario, downgrade to official and claim warranty.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-06-13 11:25 PM
    Update. Did a wipe, re installed the same Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767 but this time didn't restore the data/settings.

This time when I did a battery swap later today, I did not get the 20% per hour plus drain.

Ideas?

And please, those of you who are reading this as a battery problem, please re read. This is a device reacts to "fresh charged" battery issue. I have three batteries. Doesn't matter which one I use.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:30 PM
    Update. Did a wipe, re installed the same Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767 but this time didn't restore the data/settings.

This time when I did a battery swap later today, I did not get the 20% per hour plus drain.

Ideas?

And please, those of you who are reading this as a battery problem, please re read. This is a device reacts to "fresh charged" battery issue. I have three batteries. Doesn't matter which one I use.

Posted via CB10
    Quick question, did you ever format your SD card in the phone before?
    Also, indexing drives the phone crazy when you have a lot of files to read after loading a fresh OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:11 PM
    Agreed. Not a good idea unless you don't care about shortening the life of your batteries.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:43 PM
    Okay 2 comments for this thread. 1) do not yank your battery out of a running bb10 device unless you have absolutely no other choice. A proper "hard reset" is to hold down volume + and - at the same time until you see the BlackBerry symbol with the boot squircle around it. For stl100-1 users, hold down the power button until you see it. 2) Lithium Ion batteries are fickle. Discharging fully is not recommended on a regular basis however full discharge and immediate full charge is how you reset them and try to recover some health.
    10-08-13 06:10 PM

Ideas?
    Yeah, and I would ask you to verify my theory.

I would say it is not the battery swap, rebooting the phone is the problem. I guess it is reindexing your files on the storage (for search, preview at the image app and other stuff).
    I'm currently creating a new "Battery" App which is also able to monitor the CPU load: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...alyzer-853481/ (the cpu load monitoring works also in the free version)

Reboot your phone and start my App BaSA immediately. Now turn your screen off and wait the usual time it needs to calm down. Open BaSA again, switch to cpu and go to the "Analyze" chart. You're able to check using the readout function the time it has needed to get everything settled. Switch to the delta mode using this |---| Button in the lower left.

Now put back your files on the phone. Wait some time until everything seems fine (and indexed). Now reboot your phone or switch the battery and do the same check. You should run again at a high cpu load for the 2 hours you mentioned above...

Could you post over here the result and if it worked as expected?

If the result is like I'm currently thinkin we have a good hint what is wrong over here.
    10-09-13 02:53 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:43 PM