02-10-15 11:39 PM
50 12
tools
    Hi, I did this and it is actually turning off all radios. Including phone calls. Is it possible to customize to turn off everything except phone calls? This is as good as switching off your phones before sleep which is dangerous in cases of emergencies when someone wants to call you and you are sleeping worried about your phone battery.
    02-04-15 10:53 AM
    Hi, I did this and it is actually turning off all radios. Including phone calls. Is it possible to customize to turn off everything except phone calls? This is as good as switching off your phones before sleep which is dangerous in cases of emergencies when someone wants to call you and you are sleeping worried about your phone battery.
    Don't know about Battery Saving mode but Bedside mode will turn off all radios and still give you the option of receiving phone calls if you wish.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    02-04-15 01:10 PM
    I think you've disabled 'Connexions in bedside mode'.
    02-04-15 01:33 PM
    "Oh you're a fanboy etc"

The battery saving mode is actually quite awful... Samsung (soon Android Lollipop too) has the best one. Don't even go getting all "oh I'm a fanboy etc" because I only use BlackBerry products where I can. It's just the truth that Samsung has the best one

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-04-15 02:05 PM
    It would be nice if there was a quick setting to turn it On.

Posted via CB10
    It would be even better if we had a POWER OFF option/app that would allow us, with just a click of an icon. Phone shuts off so easy like BB7.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:45 PM
    I don't have Battery Saving Mode in my Quick Settings list... should I? OS 2072

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 06:14 PM
    Battery Saving Mode is awesome. I use my phone as my alarm clock at night. and I recall using it before Battery Saving Mode came along and battery would drain anywhere from 10% to sometimes 40%.

With battery saving mode at night time, I've yet to see it go over 10% in drain while in bed side mode.
    02-04-15 08:12 PM
    The battery saving mode is actually quite awful... Samsung (soon Android Lollipop too) has the best one. Don't even go getting all "oh I'm a fanboy etc" because I only use BlackBerry products where I can. It's just the truth that Samsung has the best one

Posted via CB10
    This post stood out. Not because I think you're a fanboy, no. It just got me curious as to why it is so much better? What does it do differently? BlackBerry has implemented something that I find very useful. It turns off select power hungry features when I don't need them. It's simple and good enough to give me an extra 10% at the end of my day. So how does Samsungs version compare? Don't leave us hanging. I've used and serviced Samsungs but not long enough to really jump into everything. So I'd like to know.
    02-04-15 09:27 PM
    Actually it's more best on classic aka Q20 - I love it

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:05 PM
    Power Saving mode just drain my battery for my z10, like on screenshots above.
    02-05-15 05:58 AM
    This post stood out. Not because I think you're a fanboy, no. It just got me curious as to why it is so much better? What does it do differently? BlackBerry has implemented something that I find very useful. It turns off select power hungry features when I don't need them. It's simple and good enough to give me an extra 10% at the end of my day. So how does Samsungs version compare? Don't leave us hanging. I've used and serviced Samsungs but not long enough to really jump into everything. So I'd like to know.
    Because the Samsung power save method go down till to the processor level. Half of total amount processor core is switch off and only half is being used. Also if not mistaken the amoled screen is switch to black and white only. There are few more but can't remember.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-05-15 06:07 AM
    Because the Samsung power save method go down till to the processor level. Half of total amount processor core is switch off and only half is being used. Also if not mistaken the amoled screen is switch to black and white only. There are few more but can't remember.

The BlackBerry version has "limit max copy usage" or something like that. Not sure by how much. As for the other Samsung feature. You're right, BlackBerry doesn't have it.
    Still though. I find BlackBerry battery saving mode useful

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 06:33 AM
    Don't know about Battery Saving mode but Bedside mode will turn off all radios and still give you the option of receiving phone calls if you wish.

Where can I set the option to receive phone call in bedside mode? I can't find it
    02-05-15 07:12 AM
    Where can I set the option to receive phone call in bedside mode? I can't find it
    Neither do I
    02-05-15 07:41 AM
    First, you have to enable connexions in bedtime mode. Then, on 10.2, if I remember, there's an option for that and in 10.3.1, you have to go to notifications in bedtime mode and enabled sound for application 'Phone'. All that from the Clock' settings of course.
    Last edited by 00101; 02-05-15 at 08:02 AM.
    ch64 and Mike_Luchia like this.
    02-05-15 07:42 AM
    Battery saving mode is the best.-img_20150205_212125.pngOk, I found it.
    Thanks 00101
    02-05-15 08:22 AM

First, you have to enable connexions in bedtime mode. Then, on 10.2, if I remember, there's an option for that and in 10.3.1, you have to go to notifications in bedtime mode and enabled sound for application 'Phone'. All that from the Clock' settings of course.
    Don't understand !
    the purpose was to put connections off but still can answer phone.
    02-05-15 08:50 AM
    I don't know if that is possible. It wouldn't make sense.

I'm on 10.2 at the moment, and if I disable connexions in bedtime mode, it automatically disables phone calls option.
    02-05-15 09:11 AM
    I don't know if that is possible. It wouldn't make sense.

I'm on 10.2 at the moment, and if I disable connexions in bedtime mode, it automatically disables phone calls option.
    agree
    02-05-15 09:25 AM

Thanks for answering me. The amoled thing is interesting. On my Z30 it just dims the screen. BlackBerrys battery saving mode also says it reduces max cpu power. I wonder if having slower dual core processors limits them from halving the power entirely.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:25 PM
    You need to go to clock settings (clock - swipe down - settings) to enable wireless connections.

Battery saving mode is the best.-img_20150205_165148.png

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:52 PM
    On my Z30 it automatically enabled "CPU Limited Performance" when power save mode is on, which sounds pretty much the same as Samsungs, maybe a little different. BlackBerry's slows down the CPU just enough for the OS to still run comfortably. If you run a game with high graphics you will notice an impact but other then that, everything runs smooth.

Also thankfully the Z30 does have an amoled screen, which means regardless if power save is on or off, any pixels that are black will be turned off, resulting in much better battery as only a percentage of the display is being used. And when power save is on, that percentage uses even less with the Brightness turned down.

Sounds like the Z30 with Power save mode enabled stands up well against Samsungs power save feature.

I rarely use power save mode, because I usually get 20 hours out of a charge with everything enabled and heavy usage, but it is very useful in situations when my battery is getting low or I know I will be without access to a charger for a long period of time. It definitely works for me, as I notice a charge last longer in this mode.
    02-06-15 12:50 PM
    On my Z30 it automatically enabled "CPU Limited Performance" when power save mode is on, which sounds pretty much the same as Samsungs, maybe a little different. BlackBerry's slows down the CPU just enough for the OS to still run comfortably. If you run a game with high graphics you will notice an impact but other then that, everything runs smooth.

Also thankfully the Z30 does have an amoled screen, which means regardless if power save is on or off, any pixels that are black will be turned off, resulting in much better battery as only a percentage of the display is being used. And when power save is on, that percentage uses even less with the Brightness turned down.

Sounds like the Z30 with Power save mode enabled stands up well against Samsungs power save feature.
    Bb10 power save is not there yet. Samsung power save switch off half of total core and and also throttle the cpu speed. Bb10 version probably just throttle the speed.

And black pixels is already turn off. That's why amoled have true/rich black because it is real black. The pixel is off and no light is emitted. This is same behaviour for all led screen.

02-07-15 11:09 AM
    Battery saving mode is the best.-img_20150208_091933.pngBattery saving mode is the best.-img_20150208_091937.png

How long a full charge lasted on my Z30 with Battery Saving mode enabled.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-09-15 01:39 PM
    Bb10 power save is not there yet. Samsung power save switch off half of total core and and also throttle the cpu speed. Bb10 version probably just throttle the speed.

And black pixels is already turn off. That's why amoled have true/rich black because it is real black. The pixel is off and no light is emitted. This is same behaviour for all led screen.

While we do understand what you are saying, there is a large difference between the phone that they were created. Samsung has been creating phones with quad-core CPU equipped SoCs for a few years now They now create phones with octo-core CPUs. The Q5, Q10, Z3, Z10, and Z30 all have dual core processors which BB10 makes full use of. Android on the OS level hasn't even begun to fully utilize dual-core CPU equipped SoCs much less quad-core or octo-core CPU equipped SoCs. The issue is when running a CPU intensive application, all of the cores go at full speed despite only two cores being used at the most. That is wasteful and is the reason why Samsung's battery saver suspends half of the cores.

Symbian alas was ahead of it's time and tried to cater to all of their investors instead of sticking close to Nokia.
    02-10-15 11:39 PM
50 12