07-23-13 08:46 AM
75 123
tools
    After 7 hours, I'm on 81%. Verizon 4543.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:15 PM
    What's your usage like ? I gotta admit that I do use Whatsapp a lot and some bbm and text but I feel like the drain shouldn't be like that

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:48 PM
    I don't use whatsap and don't leave anything running full time as an active frame other than Battery Guru and BeBuzz. I use CrackBerry, browser, BBM, email, text, Blaq,throughput the day.
    07-12-13 06:51 PM
    I'm glad someone else said it. My battery sucks *** with the 4543 leak.

Posted from my jail cell during computer time.
    07-12-13 08:46 PM
    This is the 4th OS I've used, and it's by far the best one for battery life. Actually, all around. Have had my phone unplugged for 24 hours with light to moderate use, and it's still at 58%.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:48 AM
    My battery life is good and bad.

I just did a road trip with maps running and the battery did remarkably well. Then I charged it up, put it on a table in bedside mode and woke up with it dead :-S

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:03 AM
    * STL-100-1 (install from autoloader and then security wipe it..did not restore..start from scratch)

from 100% full charged..with HSPA+ in 3 hours it drained 30% passively..2 email accounts sync in every 2 hours..only battery guru in active frame..-0.2 in every minutes or so..weird..going to revert back to 2062 and see how it goes again..
    07-13-13 09:27 AM
    Battery pull or hard reset (volume up and down at the same time until BlackBerry comes up) ?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:46 AM
    For those complaining about poor battery life right after installing, have more patience. I had the same issue on day one. The OS needs a few days to settle in. Over the course of 3-4 days, you will get significantly better performance.

Posted via CB10
    mzceetee and clubbstudios like this.
    07-13-13 08:37 PM
    * STL-100-1 (install from autoloader and then security wipe it..did not restore..start from scratch)

from 100% full charged..with HSPA+ in 3 hours it drained 30% passively..2 email accounts sync in every 2 hours..only battery guru in active frame..-0.2 in every minutes or so..weird..going to revert back to 2062 and see how it goes again..
    If you started from scratch and added an email account, even though you set your refresh intervals low, what were your Retrieval settings?

Downloading 30 days worth of emails (or even 7 or 14, and most certainly using "Forever,") plus any OTA contact sync and/or calendar sync will significantly cut away at your battery in the background with no warning signs...

Then there's adding fresh Social Media accounts, etc. as part of the "start from scratch" process, all of which add to that major initial drain, too, without showing any warnings, nor needed an active frame (all are background processes)...

Of course, all of this could be completely irrelevant if you already did all of this before you activated your Battery Guru active frame and started monitoring then I'd just sound like a *****.

as Bnap135 suggests, have you given it 3-4 days and several charge cycles?
    07-13-13 09:23 PM
    Since I downloads this leak got a lot of battery drains..

Something must be wrong, so i've thought it must be something related to android apps..

I picked up a task manager from app world ( it's for android apps only doesn't show native apps) and I found out some apps running at the background even though I didn't enter any of them except one ( kik) ..

So killed them all using the task manager.. u can grap it from here : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

And a better battery life now..

And here's a pic apps and games that was running without opening them except kik a i've mentioned

Battery Drain on 10.1.0.4543-img_20130714.png

Posted via CB10
    deslyh likes this.
    07-13-13 09:27 PM
    Since I downloads this leak got a lot of battery drains..

Something must be wrong, so i've thought it must be something related to android apps..

I picked up a task manager from app world ( it's for android apps only doesn't show native apps) and I found out some apps running at the background even though I didn't enter any of them except one ( kik) ..

So killed them all using the task manager.. u can grap it from here : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

And here's a pic apps and games that was running without opening them except kik a i've mentioned

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130714.png 
Views:	1333 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	182361

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone know what the calendar storage app process is from?

-aBBuser
    07-13-13 10:38 PM
    I'm going for a reboot too... Seems like some nasty process has stuck and killed the battery over the night...
    Else I am getting very good battery life...
    EDIT:

Downloaded the task manager and found some android processes spoiling the battery... Thanks guys for the task manager solution.

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    07-13-13 10:56 PM
    Read somewhere in the forums that "battery checkers" are power drains in themselves. Which seems obvious.

Like to know which ones y'all would recommend. After all the different ones out there, some have to tighter, cleaner. Completely native so minimal drain rigth?

From a real keyboard, w/ NO autocorrect
    07-14-13 12:22 AM
    If you started from scratch and added an email account, even though you set your refresh intervals low, what were your Retrieval settings?

Downloading 30 days worth of emails (or even 7 or 14, and most certainly using "Forever,") plus any OTA contact sync and/or calendar sync will significantly cut away at your battery in the background with no warning signs...

Then there's adding fresh Social Media accounts, etc. as part of the "start from scratch" process, all of which add to that major initial drain, too, without showing any warnings, nor needed an active frame (all are background processes)...

Of course, all of this could be completely irrelevant if you already did all of this before you activated your Battery Guru active frame and started monitoring then I'd just sound like a *****.

as Bnap135 suggests, have you given it 3-4 days and several charge cycles?
    1. been using 4543 since his day 1..already wiped 3 times..
    2. same email account setup for all kind of release/leak..
    07-14-13 12:30 AM
    Read somewhere in the forums that "battery checkers" are power drains in themselves. Which seems obvious.

Like to know which ones y'all would recommend. After all the different ones out there, some have to tighter, cleaner. Completely native so minimal drain rigth?

Get battery Guru. Most users of this site would agree.

-aBBuser
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-14-13 01:18 AM
    My battery life is horrific since installing.4543. I am on Verizon and did a leak to this version. Two days later Verizon announced the official which still is behind the leak.

Well Verizon never released that 10.1 build either, they rescinded it. A lot of us VZW customers got fed up waiting and just installed a leak. I resisted for a really long time, and then about a week ago I went over my tolerance level with some of the bugs, ie in the Android runtime.
    07-14-13 01:45 AM
    For those complaining about poor battery life right after installing, have more patience. I had the same issue on day one. The OS needs a few days to settle in. Over the course of 3-4 days, you will get significantly better performance.

This was my experience, more or less.

Idle battery usage was always OK, it was active usage (screen on, interacting with device) that was really horrible at first.

It took at least 3 days for that to calm down somewhat. I still don't think it's fabulous in "active" state, but it's much better than it was the first few days. I'm a Verizon customer with an STL100-4.

Some have said indexing of the filesystem is the main battery drainer at the beginning of a new leak install. I think that could be at least partially true, along with online account syncing and perhaps caching of certain OS elements that start getting referenced from RAM cache later instead of from permanent storage.
    07-14-13 01:51 AM
    My battery life is good and bad.

I just did a road trip with maps running and the battery did remarkably well. Then I charged it up, put it on a table in bedside mode and woke up with it dead :-S
    Posted via CB10

I sure hope you're not trying to say there that you left the device in bedside mode and OFF the charger, right???

Because you're not supposed to do that. Bedside mode leaves the display backlight on continuously - it's designed to be used when the device is left plugged into the charger.
    07-14-13 02:04 AM
    I am having terrible battery drains!

In one hour, 79% and all I did was check BBM recent updates!

It happened a month ago and I took the phone into Vodacom and they ran tests, they told me it was just then battery and they gave me another one. Now, since this morning it is doing it again

Picked up my phone and felt it was hot so I did a battery pull and now it is busy charging! Going to do a hard reset and see if this works

Thanks guys for all your suggestions

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:11 AM
    I'm going for a reboot too... Seems like some nasty process has stuck and killed the battery over the night...
    Else I am getting very good battery life...

Something that many people don't realize about BB10 is that even though native apps at the present time technically do not have the ability to run "headless" (ie in the background while not overtly visible), Android apps DO. This is why Android apps can oftentimes be major battery killers on BB10.

So killed them all using the task manager.. u can grap it from here : BlackBerry World - TaskManager

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130714.png 
Views:	1333 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	182361

If we go down through that list, I find it hard to believe that you didn't either try some app at some point in the past that is related to those processes, or perhaps installed it without realizing it.

• com.futurebits.instamessage.free Instamessage doesn't exist on BlackBerry World. This would have had to be sideloaded, or may have been piggybacked on some other sideloaded software. (Kik?)
    • kik.android Self-explanatory. A sideload. Probably runs in the background, probably kills the battery. Might make the device unstable too.
    • com.gameloft.android.ANMP.Gloft.DMHM Gameloft makes various BB10 games, though not Minion Rush. It's possible they are using that named background process as part of one of their other games, or did you ever sideload Minion Rush?
    • com.droidhen.irunnerxsm DroidHen is another game developer. (See URL below) You never installed any of those Android games, even just to test?
    • The calendar thing is probably a BB10 system service that provides access to the BB10 calendar to Android apps. I would guess if you kill that, you will break any calendar functionality on Android apps.

http://www.gameloft.com/android-hd-games/
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tamessage.free
    DroidHen Games
    07-14-13 02:18 AM

My understanding is that the current API only allows apps to poll the OS for battery status every two minutes. That's less than 1,000 times per day (miniscule in terms of processor use). After that happens, the only thing for a [well-written] battery app to do is to log it, perform calculations on it, and wait for the next data point.

Personally, I proudly use Battery Guru. Once you understand that it is taking discrete, "keyhole" snapshots of battery status, you'll learn the patience of watching performance over time. And the graphs produced in the app are a godsend compared to the challenges of dissecting database logs from the legacy OS. Granted we got more information back then...but be careful what you wish for.
    07-14-13 02:19 AM
    I am having terrible battery drains!

In one hour, 79% and all I did was check BBM recent updates!

It happened a month ago and I took the phone into Vodacom and they ran tests, they told me it was just then battery and they gave me another one. Now, since this morning it is doing it again

Picked up my phone and felt it was hot so I did a battery pull and now it is busy charging! Going to do a hard reset and see if this works

This discussion is about battery drain issues only with a specific, UNOFFICIAL version of the OS. Since this version has only been available less than 10 days, I assume you are not using this version of OS, correct?

If so, please try one of the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hlight=battery
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hlight=battery
    07-14-13 02:44 AM
    Brutal battery life for me, even after 48 hours. Back to 2543.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:52 AM

If we go down through that list, I find it hard to believe that you didn't either try some app at some point in the past that is related to those processes, or perhaps installed it without realizing it.

• com.futurebits.instamessage.free Instamessage doesn't exist on BlackBerry World. This would have had to be sideloaded, or may have been piggybacked on some other sideloaded software. (Kik?)
    • kik.android Self-explanatory. A sideload. Probably runs in the background, probably kills the battery. Might make the device unstable too.
    • com.gameloft.android.ANMP.Gloft.DMHM Gameloft makes various BB10 games, though not Minion Rush. It's possible they are using that named background process as part of one of their other games, or did you ever sideload Minion Rush?
    • com.droidhen.irunnerxsm DroidHen is another game developer. (See URL below) You never installed any of those Android games, even just to test?
    • The calendar thing is probably a BB10 system service that provides access to the BB10 calendar to Android apps. I would guess if you kill that, you will break any calendar functionality on Android apps.

No u got me wrong

All these apps I've have side loaded except irunner and the task manager were from the app world..

But after a reboot the only app i've used and opened was kik, I was shocked my self how were those apps running when I didn't even open them ..

And note that I face random reboots about 2-3 times a day probably because one of these android apps

I've questioned my self why those apps were open even though I didn't run them, and I thought maybe they were trying to to getupdate or something so they try to do it in the background, but since this not an android device updating is impossible and they were left open... but that also could be wrong or true, honestly idk

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:11 AM
75 123