I've been having an issue with word substitution (bb -> BlackBerry etc etc) simply not working properly. Some commands still work and some just don't including any custom ones. Im on official 429 but this issue has been here since at least 424.

I restored my phone today while trying to recover some data I had lost with an app and just for kicks I tested the word sub. To my amazement it was working again, fantastic I thought. Upon restoring my lost data word sub is broken again. I would like to delete and reload the BAR relating to the keyboard/word sub and word prediction. Anyone know which BAR it is?
    12-05-13 05:57 PM
    BBLink is acting up today so I can't remotely check my computer at home.
    I have both folders and if there is a bar there for predictive text I will send it to you if no one beats me to it.

However I have no idea if there is a bar for what you need.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:06 PM
    BBLink is acting up today so I can't remotely check my computer at home.
    I have both folders and if there is a bar there for predictive text I will send it to you if no one beats me to it.

However I have no idea if there is a bar for what you need.

Posted via CB10
    Communication servers are acting up today. It's messing with BBM too it seems
    From what I understand, it's all embedded in your settings, and has NOTHING to do with any bar file.
    I think the actual substitution is coded in the core OS. However, you cant modify it. Only way to fix it would be not to restore
    93Aero likes this.
    12-05-13 06:10 PM
    Cool thanx, trying to help out where I can. I know there were tons of bars in the folders thought what he was looking for was in there.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:32 PM
    Cool thanx, trying to help out where I can. I know there were tons of bars in the folders thought what he was looking for was in there.

Posted via CB10
    Yah. Even if in theory there was a bar file with the word substitutions, you will run into 2 problems
    1. It's a system file, so you can't delete and then reload. You can only load over the existing, which is the same and will do essentially nothing
    2. The corruption causing the word substitution not working is in settings, so as long as he restores it will carry over. It's the same problem why contacts app won't stay in dark theme for people who restore
    12-05-13 06:38 PM
    Have the same problem.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    12-06-13 03:05 AM
    Yah. Even if in theory there was a bar file with the word substitutions, you will run into 2 problems
    1. It's a system file, so you can't delete and then reload. You can only load over the existing, which is the same and will do essentially nothing
    2. The corruption causing the word substitution not working is in settings, so as long as he restores it will carry over. It's the same problem why contacts app won't stay in dark theme for people who restore
    This is why blackberry needs to design backups in such a way that you can pull only what you need from them.

Ugh.
    12-06-13 06:38 AM