So my z30 has had the worst battery drain lately. I want to back up through link and only restore certain files but it seems like link only let's you group apps, media, etc in big chunks.

If I want to remove whatever is causing the battery drain do I need to run a clean os or is there a way to remove a lot from the restore? Can sachesi do that? I'm still confused by the differences between sachesi and link.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 06:54 PM
    well before I answer the other questions, I want to know this: do you KNOW what is causing the battery drain???

How do you know what to remove? The only thing you can remove on your phone is apps. SO if you use an autoloader, it will wipe you phone and you don't have to restore anything. Start from scratch and download the apps again one at a time. But if you don't know what is causing the battery drain, how do you know which apps NOT to re-install?

I you do a Sachesi upgrade, you will need to download the OS in a folder and it will load non-destructively. All your data and apps will stay on your phone and the new OS and radio files will load. Your BB Native apps that are in the OS will be updated in most cases.

Link is used only to make backups and restore.
    05-15-15 08:18 PM
    well before I answer the other questions, I want to know this: do you KNOW what is causing the battery drain???

How do you know what to remove? The only thing you can remove on your phone is apps. SO if you use an autoloader, it will wipe you phone and you don't have to restore anything. Start from scratch and download the apps again one at a time. But if you don't know what is causing the battery drain, how do you know which apps NOT to re-install?

I you do a Sachesi upgrade, you will need to download the OS in a folder and it will load non-destructively. All your data and apps will stay on your phone and the new OS and radio files will load. Your BB Native apps that are in the OS will be updated in most cases.

Link is used only to make backups and restore.
    I do not know what app is causing the drain unfortunately. Device manager isn't giving me any useful information on the matter either. What I do know is that the first couple days after I loaded 10.3 and restored my data I had incredible battery life and since then it has gone back to poor.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:20 PM
    Had the same issue what I did was let my battery drop to 5 percent rebooted put into airplane charged up to 100 it's all good now..

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    kurchak31 likes this.
    05-15-15 10:55 PM
    Had the same issue what I did was let my battery drop to 5 percent rebooted put into airplane charged up to 100 it's all good now..

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Are you serious? That almost sounds like a joke and too good to be true.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:01 AM
    Are you serious? That almost sounds like a joke and too good to be true.

Posted via CB10
    Take a read here http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    kurchak31 likes this.
    05-16-15 12:05 PM