Hi There,

My name is Karabo, I'm from South Africa. I have a situation I'm hoping you could assist me with.

I recently installed the leaked 10.2.0.1767 onto my sister's SQN100-3, I backed up the phone via BBLink V1.2.0.28 prior to installing the leak. After the OS installation, I wiped the device and tried restoring from the back up and failed. The error I get says "The back up BB ID does not match the device BB ID". My sister has two BB ID's and we were not sure which one she had on the Q10. So I wiped the device again and used her second BB ID, and she had forgotten her password so we reset it, then I tried restoring again but it gave me the same problem.

Question: Is it possible to know which BB ID is associated with the backup?, Is there a tool I can use to access the backup content?

I synced the contacts with Outlook so they are safe, also the emails are accessible from the browser, that's not an issue. The big gripe here is the text messages, as they contain information she needs.

Any light you can shed on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Kind Redards,
    Karabo

Posted via The Fantastic Z10
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-28-13 at 12:03 PM.
    10-28-13 11:45 AM
    There is a program that'll make it easy, but there's also a manual method that can be used. Just click on the Backup Manager, click on the backup you want to view, and in the information below it'll show what BBID is needed for that backup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-824364/

Or, rename the .bbb file to .zip, open it and read the xml file inside. The BBID of the backup is stored in the file.
    10-28-13 12:30 PM
    When you do a backup with link it will show the last few numbers of the phone it backed up. I backup 3 Z10's and it's easy to see. Just look at the backup. It shows " BlackBerry -****." The stars are your handset last few numbers.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-28-13 02:01 PM
    There is a program that'll make it easy, but there's also a manual method that can be used. Just click on the Backup Manager, click on the backup you want to view, and in the information below it'll show what BBID is needed for that backup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-824364/

Or, rename the .bbb file to .zip, open it and read the xml file inside. The BBID of the backup is stored in the file.
    I cannot thank you enough my good friend, downloaded the tool and it's simple and effective. I want to try the second method and burn it into my memory. I know I'll need it someday. Thanks man, really helpful!

Posted via The Fantastic Z10
    10-28-13 03:30 PM