What are autoloaders? Do we need a computer to upgrade 10.2.1 to 10.3

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:23 PM
    Only if you want to load a leak, usually distributed as an autoloader. When your carrier makes 10.3.1 available for your device it will install over the air, by Wi-Fi, or through your computer, which ever you want to do.

An autoloader is a file with the OS files packed inside and a program tacked on that connects to your device and uploads the files. Much like an auto-expanding ZIP file if you've heard of those.
    11-14-14 12:27 PM
    Yes, an autoloader is a complete OS and radio file combination set as .exe file . After downloading the appropriate file (this is specific to the model-ie z10 and ALSO the sub-model ie STL 100-3 etc) to a WINDOWS computer (usually download to the Desktop), your device (z10) is attached to the pc by USB cable. Then all you have to do is unzip the downloaded autoloader file and click on the .exe file and sit back and watch the OS upgrade (usually only takes about 10-15 minutes). It will also ask you for the z10 password also just before the update takes place.
    11-14-14 12:31 PM
    Autoloaders are EXE files that update your device.

If you want to use one, you need a Windows PC.
    11-14-14 12:34 PM
    Exactly what Brookie said
    Here's it is in layman term
    Get one of the auto loaders from this website. Then download it. Once you fully downloaded it to your computer. Extract it using win zip. Once it's done extracting. Open it. You will see a black box open up. Connect your device, it will ask you to input your password. Once you do that it will start loading. Wait until it's done. Bam. You now have a leak. Of course before you do this please do a back up of your phone just incase you run into issues you can always run back to your last working Os. Also this way you can load up your contacts once you load the latest os incase they don't transfer over.
    Efeezy4Sheezy likes this.
    11-14-14 12:57 PM
    Best explaining of the process I have saw thus far. Will definitely be trying this later tonight.

One question though, is there any other way to back up your phone without using BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:29 PM
    My Lock Screen image is stuck. Even When I change my wallpaper, the lockscreen image does not change since the first time I changed it. It's about 4 months now. Can someone help?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:53 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/dear-berry-h...and-homescreen

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-14-14 10:00 PM
    Used the autoloader and upgraded my Z10... Voila, no major glitches so far...
    Autoloaders-img_20141115_104335.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:19 PM
    Best explaining of the process I have saw thus far. Will definitely be trying this later tonight.

One question though, is there any other way to back up your phone without using BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you'll be just fine leaking. As for not using link I'm not sure but why not use it. It's quite simple.
    11-15-14 01:02 AM
    One question. I would like to update my z10 also but without missing any data (specially my company settings). Is that possible with an autoloader? I tried it half a year ago and it went wrong..

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:32 PM
    One question. I would like to update my z10 also but without missing any data (specially my company settings). Is that possible with an autoloader? I tried it half a year ago and it went wrong..

Posted via CB10
    Generally, the Autoloader will erase all data and leave you with a 'new' phone so you'd have to reload stuff. Now you can use BBLink to backup and then restore but I've had trouble with the restore breaking aspects of the Android mode.
    11-16-14 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    You would probably benefit from searching on this website for "Blitz" install method and using this to update.

edit: look for Robbenezer blitz
    11-16-14 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    NO.
    You will lose ALL data with autoloader type update.
    If you want to keep all data be prepared for a TWO HOUR UPDATE.
    Use a NON DESTRUCTIVE update called a BLITZ.
    Download Sachesi 2.0.0 and update your phone using his program and drag amd drop the Blitz folder onto the Sachesi window after connecting your phone to the computer.

P.S. You may not be successful due to it being a "Company" phone.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-17-14 03:50 PM
    NO.
    You will lose ALL data with autoloader type update.
    If you want to keep all data be prepared for a TWO HOUR UPDATE.
    Use a NON DESTRUCTIVE update called a BLITZ.
    Download Sachesi 2.0.0 and update your phone using his program and drag amd drop the Blitz folder onto the Sachesi window after connecting your phone to the computer.

P.S. You may not be successful due to it being a "Company" phone.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    I thought you back up, wipe, autoload and then restore? Is that outdated?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:07 PM
    You would probably benefit from searching on this website for "Blitz" install method and using this to update.

edit: look for Robbenezer blitz
    Not yet. They might get some unexpected issues. They're at 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:12 PM