Hi,

I've downloaded 10.2.0.1521 autoloader for my STL100-1. I tried running it from a windows xp 32bit system, the dos screen shows up for only a second and disappears immediately after that. I managed to read the message in the dos screen by running the several times. It says "cannot connect to BlackBerry device manager".

I made sure link was installed and updated as well. Still the same. I tried it on another pc running windows 7 32bit... still the same. I did a lot of things but it just wouldn't do the job.

Please help me with this... I tried googling this, found a lot of similar questions but none with an answer.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:30 AM
    If u are running the autoloader to install a leaked OS, u need to close BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 06:01 AM
    Link is shut down... the autoloader just doesn't run as it should. The windows 7 pc didn't even have Link installed.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 06:33 AM
    Out of curiosity have you tried a different leak as well?.. may be worth trying something different to see if it is an issue with phone, computer or Leak file. Also will your phone connect to these computers on its own without link or autoloader?

Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 power by 10.2.(latest leak)
    10-13-13 07:16 AM
    Out of curiosity have you tried a different leak as well?.. may be worth trying something different to see if it is an issue with phone, computer or Leak file. Also will your phone connect to these computers on its own without link or autoloader?

Well I don't have an unlimited Internet access here, so I can't download another at the moment, though I badly want to.

Not sure what you mean by phone will connect on its own? But yes, the phone connects fine and offers to install Link... I can see the removable drive displaying the Link icon.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:41 AM
    Not having Link installed on the Windows 7 machine could mean that you don't have the necessary drivers to complete the task on that PC. If it is connecting and being recognized as a BlackBerry device, have you tried running the autoloader as an administrator?

As far as the XP PC (well, could be tried on both), have you tried using different USB ports, rebooting with the device connected, etc... or perhaps a different USB cable?

Also, is USB Mass Storage mode turned off on the device?

Posted via BBCBZ10
    10-13-13 07:50 AM
    Try rebooting your device, connect then run autoloader again. Security wipe could help as well if you have a good backup. Worth a shot until you have chance to try another OS

10-13-13 07:57 AM
    Not having Link installed on the Windows 7 machine could mean that you don't have the necessary drivers to complete the task on that PC. If it is connecting and being recognized as a BlackBerry device, have you tried running the autoloader as an administrator?

As far as the XP PC (well, could be tried on both), have you tried using different USB ports, rebooting with the device connected, etc... or perhaps a different USB cable?

Also, is USB Mass Storage mode turned off on the device?

Posted via BBCBZ10
    Ok i'll install Link on the win7 machine and try again.
    Yes I tried different usb ports and cables and with mass storage mode turned off. But that's not the problem here... the autoloader doesn't run... it quits on its own. As far as I know it should stay on regardless of the phone connected or not.

Yes I ran it as an admin... but like I said, isn't working.
    Is there any chance of the autoloader being gone bad or corrupted?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 10:16 AM
    Ok i'll install Link on the win7 machine and try again.
    Yes I tried different usb ports and cables and with mass storage mode turned off. But that's not the problem here... the autoloader doesn't run... it quits on its own. As far as I know it should stay on regardless of the phone connected or not.

Yes I ran it as an admin... but like I said, isn't working.
    Is there any chance of the autoloader being gone bad or corrupted?

Posted via CB10
    That does sound like something funky is going on with the autoloader. In my experience, it will stay open waiting to connect until the device is attached and powered on. Though, I've had Link installed on all of the PCs I've used to install leaks, so any necessary drivers and executables were probably there before I started.

If all else fails, perhaps you could try disabling your AV software to see if that was blocking the program for some reason.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    10-13-13 10:38 AM
    Hi,

I've downloaded 10.2.0.1521 autoloader for my STL100-1. I tried running it from a windows xp 32bit system, the dos screen shows up for only a second and disappears immediately after that. I managed to read the message in the dos screen by running the several times. It says "cannot connect to BlackBerry device manager".

I made sure link was installed and updated as well. Still the same. I tried it on another pc running windows 7 32bit... still the same. I did a lot of things but it just wouldn't do the job.

Please help me with this... I tried googling this, found a lot of similar questions but none with an answer.

Posted via CB10
    Have you installed 7zip? Or Winzip ($)

Trusted Member Genius
    10-13-13 07:28 PM
    Have you installed 7zip? Or Winzip ($)

Trusted Member Genius
    I used 7zip to uncompress the autoloader file which is in .rar format.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:49 AM
    That does sound like something funky is going on with the autoloader. In my experience, it will stay open waiting to connect until the device is attached and powered on. Though, I've had Link installed on all of the PCs I've used to install leaks, so any necessary drivers and executables were probably there before I started.

If all else fails, perhaps you could try disabling your AV software to see if that was blocking the program for some reason.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    Well, the windows xp machine didn't have an antivirus installed. The windows 7 machine had Avast installed, but it didn't detect anything suspicious when I uncompressed the autoloader file (yes I'm aware of antiviruses' background businesses). I spent hours to figure out the problem but couldn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:59 AM
    Well, the windows xp machine didn't have an antivirus installed. The windows 7 machine had Avast installed, but it didn't detect anything suspicious when I uncompressed the autoloader file (yes I'm aware of antiviruses' background businesses). I spent hours to figure out the problem but couldn't.

Posted via CB10
    So strange. The error message that you saw makes it seem like either something is blocking the autoloader from accessing device manager, or that it's not recognized on the PCs in question at all.

Hopefully you'll have a chance to download a newer leak in the near future and it works correctly.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    10-16-13 11:24 AM
    Should link be installed first to make sure that the proper drivers are installed? Even though it will be turned off before running the loader? Rereading the post I see where link was installed, sorry,,
    10-16-13 11:40 AM
    Should link be installed first to make sure that the proper drivers are installed? Even though it will be turned off before running the loader? Rereading the post I see where link was installed, sorry,,
    As a poster mentioned above, yes it needs to be installed.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:00 PM
    It's a glitch with the bb device manager. If you have the BlackBerry connected, and bring up the properties of the device manager, with link open, does it show it connected? If so, the same after closing link? It should. From there it comes down to cables, usb enumeration, power settings, and or...here's a thought...are there updated chipset drivers available for your system? install them!!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:12 PM
    Download leak
    Extract all files.
    Turn off phone (unplugged)
    Double click exe file (leak).
    Wait until you see "Connecting to Bootrom"
    Now plug in phone.
    Os will load in 5-10 minutes.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-18-13 02:46 AM
    Instead of double clicking to run call it from a command line so you can see the error when it errors out. Like so:

Start, Run

Cmd

Cd c:\documents and settings\username\desktop

"Name of file in quotes" then press enter.

This all assumes you save the autoloader to the desktop.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-18-13 02:59 AM
    Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I'll just try to get access to another pc.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 01:12 PM
    Could you give an update? I am running into the same problem on my parallel WinXp. The window pops up for a split second then close on its own and it also shows the message that "Could not connect to BlackBerry Device Manager "
    01-17-14 10:04 AM
    Try right-click and run as administrator...

Trusted Member Genius
    01-17-14 11:03 AM
    Try right-click and run as administrator...

Trusted Member Genius
    Now another problem I got that part fix, but once I connect it it gets stuck at the "[ Uploading RAM Image... ####100######]" message. The light turned green but is not blinking like it suppose to... I waited for around 30mins still nothing happen. What next?
    01-17-14 12:08 PM
    What I really think is, that OS file is messed up. I have tried it on quite a number of PC's... it acts the same regardless of Link installed or not.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:10 PM
    I'm having the same problems!
    01-19-14 02:06 PM
    Give it up, I tried for few days to install Leaked with my parallels WinXP and didn't work. I went to my friends and used his laptop only took 30mins "Include installation of BB link + whole process". If you got any friend, just download the file+BBlink ahead.
    01-26-14 11:01 AM