01-31-15 11:25 AM
280 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Oddly enough. I haven't experienced any flicker. Tried to replicate it by opening a bunch of apps and then the camera and the pictures app but hasn't happened. Weird. I know. Battery life has also been way better on this OS. 14.5 hours off charge and still 57% left. Normal use.

Typed on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-15-15 08:40 PM
    Anybody got Sreen shots

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:05 PM
    Anybody got Sreen shots

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-15-15 10:09 PM
    I've briefly used slimport and usb2go on my passport with this version. Worked fine (and no flicker so far)

Posted via CB10
    Thank you all. Will try this one then over the weekend. This is why I love this community. I'll try all and confirm for others also.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-15-15 10:42 PM
    Is there anybody that has unstable network like me in 2072? My network get drop occasionally and won't connect until I restart the network.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:37 AM
    Is there anybody that has unstable network like me in 2072? My network get drop occasionally and won't connect until I restart the network.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same. And a lot of lost of BB connections...
    01-16-15 02:23 AM
    Yes, especially the BlackBerry icon frequently disappeared.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:06 AM
    Got it -- but I might just wait now for the official release, in a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:19 AM
    I get some lost connections too. The blackberry icon dissappears at times. Flight mode on then off fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 05:36 AM
    I get some lost connections too. The blackberry icon dissappears at times. Flight mode on then off fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    This bug also present in 1154, may I ask what is the purpose of that BlackBerry logo?

Passport 10.3.0.1418 -->10.3.1.1154 with 10.3.1.1949 bars for Passport
    01-16-15 06:04 AM
    This bug also present in 1154, may I ask what is the purpose of that BlackBerry logo?
    BB logo indicate connection to NOC RIM. To operate services like BlackBerry ID, BBM, PIN messages and BlackBerry Protect.
    KorChi_JapThai likes this.
    01-16-15 07:10 AM
    I'm running into some bugs...

Flickering is more common now...
    The WiFi signal drops...

That's it for now.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to stay on this vs going back to original 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:48 AM
    Battery is stellar
    only flickering shortly after install.
    No wifi drops that I have noticed.
    Although focus is still slow, low light photos seem to have improved over 1154.

Happy with version Thanks to all involved.

Keep On, Keeping on BlackBerry!
    01-16-15 09:44 AM
    Strange, after 2 days Notification volume back to high volume as it should. Strange... but good.
    Had flickering once time. Network and wifi is good. Battery and response is way better, then 1133/1154! Good.

Finally only 2 bugs remain: flickering and bad autofocus in camera. Other is great!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:01 AM
    I woke up today to find my passport has turned off. I had to power it back up. I didn't notice anything else afterwards.

Weird.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:05 AM
    Ah, sorry, OOT here, but where are you guys based?

Posted on my Passport
    01-16-15 10:43 AM
    Ah, sorry, OOT here, but where are you guys based?

Posted on my Passport
    I'm from indonesia

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:08 PM
    I'm running into some bugs...

Flickering is more common now...
    The WiFi signal drops...

That's it for now.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to stay on this vs going back to original 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Which one is original 10.3? ATT automatically downloaded and upgraded my phone to 10.3.1 and I want to go back, but unsure which version I need.
    01-16-15 05:51 PM
    The version that was pull by AT&T was 10.3.1.1016 and was buggy, if you want the current working version, let BlackBerry Link install it for you, that was what I did after having problems with early 10.3.1.xxxxx OS.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-17-15 07:59 AM
    Got some flickering last night on several apps for the first time and am having issues with WiFi dropping at times as well. Otherwise it's been great.

Passport on AT&T
    01-17-15 08:06 AM
    Just cam across another bug.

Could not make voice calls... I had to reboot to resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:57 AM
    Flickering screen on Camera App. Not 100% of the time but very very often like 80% of the time

- Charles
    01-17-15 10:58 AM
    I had some flickering when I first installed, but did a reboot and all is running beautifully now. Not a flicker to be seen. Very smooth.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:17 AM
    Well, I said I would wait for the next one but...what can I say? I'm a sick person. I couldn't just leave the autoloader sitting there, once I downloaded it.

So, I did a full backup, ran the autoloader, then did a full restore. I was running 1154/1949 previously.

Doing the backup, I once again had the somewhat odd experience of the backup suddenly being "Complete" after it was just a little bit past 50%. No error messages, just a seemingly premature, er, finish. The backup file was 4 GB, just about twice as large as last time.

The autoloader went fine. I did the device setup and tutorials, then opened Link and did a full restore. The restore went smoothly, creeping along the full way; no sudden lurch to completion.

So far, everything is working fine. As usual, it took a while for Email, Contacts and Calendar to sync up from Outlook.com, but they finally got there. It also took a while for flagged emails to appear in Remember, but they eventually got there too.

My general practice is not to try to run an Android app until things have settled down. I followed this practice, and the apps popped right open.

I haven't seen any flickering yet, but it's only been a few hours. I wasn't seeing that much flickering before anyway.

The only tangible difference I've seen so far is the bQuiet app works again. It worked on all previous OS builds, but not on 1154. I never uninstalled it, and it would always appear in Device Monitor as present in RAM but idle. But it never actually did what it's supposed to do, which is detect when you mute the phone and offer a duration for when to un-mute it. But as soon as I got 2072 going, it started working again.

The abandonware app Watcher, which I like, still works fine. I sideloaded Snap again, and it's working fine too.

I'll keep an eye on the BB logo and watch for wifi or network drops. So far I haven't seen any.
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-17-15 12:08 PM
    Well, I said I would wait for the next one but...what can I say? I'm a sick person. I couldn't just leave the autoloader sitting there, once I downloaded it.

So, I did a full backup, ran the autoloader, then did a full restore. I was running 1154/1949 previously.

Doing the backup, I once again had the somewhat odd experience of the backup suddenly being "Complete" after it was just a little bit past 50%. No error messages, just a seemingly premature, er, finish. The backup file was 4 GB, just about twice as large as last time.

The autoloader went fine. I did the device setup and tutorials, then opened Link and did a full restore. The restore went smoothly, creeping along the full way; no sudden lurch to completion.

So far, everything is working fine. As usual, it took a while for Email, Contacts and Calendar to sync up from Outlook.com, but they finally got there. It also took a while for flagged emails to appear in Remember, but they eventually got there too.

My general practice is not to try to run an Android app until things have settled down. I followed this practice, and the apps popped right open.

I haven't seen any flickering yet, but it's only been a few hours. I wasn't seeing that much flickering before anyway.

The only tangible difference I've seen so far is the bQuiet app works again. It worked on all previous OS builds, but not on 1154. I never uninstalled it, and it would always appear in Device Monitor as present in RAM but idle. But it never actually did what it's supposed to do, which is detect when you mute the phone and offer a duration for when to un-mute it. But as soon as I got 2072 going, it started working again.

The abandonware app Watcher, which I like, still works fine. I sideloaded Snap again, and it's working fine too.

I'll keep an eye on the BB logo and watch for wifi or network drops. So far I haven't seen any.
    Good luck. I hope you have better results than me.

It's giving me trouble connecting to my 2.4GHz WiFi, but it's not having any trouble connecting to my 5GHz.

The WiFi is the only real bad issue that I'm experiencing. I'll probably stick this one out since the official is coming out in a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:45 PM
280 ... 678910 ...