05-27-14 03:19 PM
40 12
tools
    Hi I am currently running OS 10.2.1.1925 on BlackBerry Z10 and encountered an issue with my application permissions.
    it says i have no applications to manage, while i have 152 apps installed on my phone, this is including the apps that cannot be removed.

Application Permissions There are no applications to manage 10.2.1.1925-img_20140108_131238.png

any ideas on what to do besides a wipe?
    I read somewhere that it might be an app that is doing this, but it would probably take days to figure out which one, if that even is the problem, is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    01-08-14 01:20 PM
    Hi:

Something seems wrong with your phone. When I go to the App Manager page in the Settings menu, my phone displays a message that says, "Go to the Applications Permissions screen to change permissions for individual apps." This message is written in blue which means that you can tap it to take you to the Application Permissions screen. When I tap the message the Application Permissions screen opens showing the twelve apps that I run that have permissions associated with them.
    It is odd that you do not have that. I too am running 10.2.1.1925 on my STL100-3 Z0.
    01-08-14 01:34 PM
    Tried going to the permissions page that way still same result.

Running on STL100-3 as well

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:51 PM
    There is already another thread regarding this problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=876549

I think that it has to do with the number of apps and its most likely a bug and not a feature:-)

Posted via CB10
    dicarolla likes this.
    01-08-14 11:23 PM
    hmm, intresting, I did not come across that, thank you, I guess I'll try deleting some apps and see what happens. I got a little crazy with the whole android apk apps, been downloading anything and everything.
    01-09-14 12:52 AM
    hmm, intresting, I did not come across that, thank you, I guess I'll try deleting some apps and see what happens. I got a little crazy with the whole android apk apps, been downloading anything and everything.
    Looks like you found some kinda limit, good testing actually, something good to know for this release

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1925 thank you very much!!
    01-09-14 01:13 AM
    Ran into this problem myself today. Read through this and another string, and decided to delete a half dozen of my most recently installed apps. It worked. Wasn't methodically about it (just deleted five or six at once), so can't say whether one or more of them specifically caused the problem or whether I'd reached some threshold number of apps, which caused the malfunction. Seems odd (i.e. unacceptable) that the OS would have such a threshold without warning you about it, or preventing you from crossing it, so rather suspect that one of the apps I deleted had caused the problem. These apps were:

- CIA World Factbook
    - Flasher
    - NHL GameCenter
    - Kiwi Wonder
    - Booking.com
    - Wallpaper Changer HD

Definitely advise deleting a few apps rather than doing a clean install with BlackBerry Link! Thank God I didn't go there.
    01-09-14 10:00 AM
    Happens to me also with 10.2.0 official.. :S

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:12 AM
    Ran into this problem myself today. Read through this and another string, and decided to delete a half dozen of my most recently installed apps. It worked.
    Did you count the number of apps that are now listed in the application permissions?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:36 PM
    Okay so I deleted a few apps, got my permission back, i have 85 with permissions, and a total of 146 apps.
    I'm going to play around see if I can download more without the permissions disappearing again. Thanks everyone, really happy I didn't have to do a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    01-09-14 12:51 PM
    So downloaded one more app, which needed permissions, it disappeared again, and had to delete 2 apps with permissions to get it back. A little afraid to do it again, weird that it's a random number of apps that can do this, kind of wondering if blackberry is aware of this, it is kind of annoying considering a good number of apps I have paid for, and would like to be able to control what they have access to. I know having over 150 apps may seem excessive, but there shouldn't really be a limit, considering the phone comes with 16 gigs of space, and thousands of apps available. I could see many more people encountering this problem with the new Android runtime expanding the number of apps available for the blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-14 01:16 PM
    Im encountering this same problem under official 10.2.

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    01-13-14 07:01 PM
    same here under 10.2.0.429 with a z30

topped out the permissioned apps at 120
    01-16-14 03:55 PM
    I believe it's certain android .apks that are loaded doing this.

For me, It's the latest version of Simpsons Tapped Out which is giving me this problem.
    01-18-14 06:24 PM
    I believe it's certain android .apks that are loaded doing this.
    Thats's what I first thought as well. But the application permissions also disappeared for me when I havent't got any Android apps installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 06:14 AM
    DELUXE MUSIC TUNER.

That was the (ported) app that was causing my Application Permissions to disappear. Why? I'm strongly guessing because during its installation, this app (like some others) does not allow you to deny (uncheck) any of the permissions it is requesting. THAT will be my red flag from now on, when installing new apps.

(Detest ported apps, anyway. To hell with all of them, including Skype which bungs up my Contacts with endless duplicates... Maybe - hopefully - the upcoming OS update will help to resolve ported-app issues... Let's pray for that.)
    01-21-14 07:15 AM
    Why? I'm strongly guessing because during its installation, this app (like some others) does not allow you to deny (uncheck) any of the permissions it is requesting.
    That is the case for all Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:30 PM
    Ya from what I have been experiencing I don't believe it's a particular app that does it, it seems to be having a large number of apps that's is doing it. Currently I cannot access the permissions, I'm going to delete some more apps, and see if they come back again. Could be maybe a certain number of android apps that requires permissions could be the culprit, i honestly have no idea, might be getting a second z10 soon, if I do that then I'll definitely play around with different configurations to see if that's a possibility, but for now I have too much info in the phone to be deleting all my apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:43 AM
    Thats's what I first thought as well. But the application permissions also disappeared for me when I havent't got any Android apps installed.

A lot of apps in BlackBerry World are just repackaged Android apps. So you may have Android apps and not realize it. Major popular ones too - eBay, Skype etc... those are actually just repackaged Android apps.

DELUXE MUSIC TUNER.

That was the (ported) app that was causing my Application Permissions to disappear. Why? I'm strongly guessing because during its installation, this app (like some others) does not allow you to deny (uncheck) any of the permissions it is requesting. THAT will be my red flag from now on, when installing new apps.

If it asks for permissions and they are not selectable, it's an Android app.

Re: the specific app you mentioned - I'm not sure that's it. This may be similiar to the issue with Android apps causing issues with the accounts page not loading too. In that case, after a certain number of Android apps are installed, you can no longer access the accounts section of Hub. Most likely there is some finite resource in the OS that is getting exceeded, but we don't know exactly where that limit is precisely. And Android apps aren't under the same control as native apps are.

Ya from what I have been experiencing I don't believe it's a particular app that does it, it seems to be having a large number of apps that's is doing it.

As stated above, I believe this is the most likely explanation.

Here is a discussion about how after a certain number of Android apps are installed, people lose access to their Accounts settings:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ttings-875854/
    01-25-14 01:04 PM
    A lot of apps in BlackBerry World are just repackaged Android apps. So you may have Android apps and not realize it. Major popular ones too - eBay, Skype etc... those are actually just repackaged Android apps.
    [/url]
    Good point, but I can assure you that there were no Android apps on my phone. In my opinion the amount of permissions that the application permission manager has to deal with causes the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:06 AM
    Does anyone else find this most annoying? I shouldn't have to delete apps just because I am not using them now in order to modify permissions. Especially with Headless apps now being so popular. At times, I may not want a headless app to start so I go into app permissions and turn off it's ability to run in the background. But I can't, cause apparently I have too many apps installed. So, I start deleting apps until I can. This in itself isn't too bad except a lot of the apps I have installed have custom settings or saved data which gets deleted along with the app. So when I do decide to re-use that app, not only do I need to reload it, I now have to remember what settings I want. Really Blackberry, I don't like to bash you but this isn't like it is new, this has been mentioned on previous OS's. Why did it not get fixed with 10.2.1.

Ok, I'm done venting now. Still love my z30 and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Jason...
    01-29-14 11:41 AM
    Couldnt agree more

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 03:59 AM
    The app permission settings disappeared after I installed the 100th app on my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925. The permissions reappeared after I deleted/uninstalled one app.
    02-01-14 03:13 AM
    I noticed the same problem on my z30 after reading this thread. Can't say whether it was before or after 10.2.1 because I never checked before.

I starting deleting some recent apps but permissions have not returned. Does the phone need to be rebooted each time I delete an app for permissions to return?

I am debating whether I should wipe and reinstall OS. However this is time consuming and I don't want to do this unless absolutely necessary and fix is permanent.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:03 PM
    I noticed the same problem on my z30 after reading this thread. Can't say whether it was before or after 10.2.1 because I never checked before.

I starting deleting some recent apps but permissions have not returned. Does the phone need to be rebooted each time I delete an app for permissions to return?

I am debating whether I should wipe and reinstall OS. However this is time consuming and I don't want to do this unless absolutely necessary and fix is permanent.

Posted via CB10
    Once you delete enough apps you will be able to set permissions. No reboot needed.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:18 PM
40 12