10-18-14 06:02 PM
30 12
tools
    Only if they are loaded. Most people I know are still running windows laptops because that is all they can afford. And most corporations buy windows computers to, even if their staff have iphones.

Posted via CB10
    TBH when I was looking for a laptop with 8GB+ ram, ssd, i7 long battery life and 3lbs (ultrabook). I almost resorted to Apple (I was going to put Win8 on it) because it was hard to find a decent ultrabook. Sure there is the HP Spectre and Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 but the battery on them stank.

I am so lucky I found my UX303LN
    Amazon.com : ASUS Zenbook UX303LN-DB71T 13.3" Quad-HD Display Touchscreen Laptop : Computers & Accessories
    Which destroys even a $3000 Apple laptop or I definitely would have gotten an Apple Laptop. Ideapad Yoga 3 that is coming out is amazing too.

Other then those 2 laptops, Apple sadly owns the Ultrabook market.
    -------------------

but yes Apple is strictly for consumers, no matter what they say. The whole iCloud fiasco killed it for them security wise. Odd enough iphones/ipads are owning the enterprise world in north america, mostly because of it's business apps. It's hard to find any tablets besides iPads in the business world.
    10-17-14 04:01 PM
    I think it's safe to say Blend started with Bridge on the Playbook. It's certainly not a new concept, but a logical next step. At the very least, I wouldn't be pointing any fingers saying who copied who.
    I had this Nokia program on my PC *years* ago that allowed installing apps, accessing filesystem of phone, viewing the phone screen (in a window) and controlling it with mouse, viewing and replying to text messages in a special window (with full history and decent UI).

By the way, Blend is even referred to as 'Bridge' 2.0 in the app itself.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-17-14 04:08 PM
    Yeah... my old Motorola V3 had a program called Motorola Phone Tools. It had contacts, calendar, text messaging, etc... That was about 10 years ago. BlackBerry was still in diapers at that point.

What did I say again? Let's not point fingers.
    10-17-14 06:36 PM
    .....but yes Apple is strictly for consumers, no matter what they say. The whole iCloud fiasco killed it for them security wise. Odd enough iphones/ipads are owning the enterprise world in north america, mostly because of it's business apps. It's hard to find any tablets besides iPads in the business world.
    Yep - because BlackBerry blew it.....

And iPad MDM is horrible..... (have previously managed the deployment of iPads and the security concerns took up most of our time)
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-18-14 11:22 AM
    Handoff also launches your recent app on the device you pickup, from where you left off, does it not? Pretty cool stuff.

Posted via CB10
    But note with Handoff... your device has to be "awake" and "unlocked". Kind of dumb if you leave your phone somewhere and it goes into sleep mode, and then you switch to a Mac and need to wake the iPhone before you can use the same program on the Mac.

I constantly leave my Passport on the counter for hours in "sleep" mode at home, and seamlessly switch between my Macbook and my Windows desktop, and Blend connects right up and lets me know if I have any BBMs, emails, texts waiting for me.

Simply brilliant!
    Easy-G likes this.
    10-18-14 06:02 PM
30 12