Hey, I'm sure this has been covered, but i seem to be missing it (slow).
    I am going to autoloader the new leak and i want to restore my android and bb apps with the data.
    I have my password keeper data backed up and my accounts sync fine so all i need is the app saved data.

How do i go about restoring that while keeping the new load as clean as possible?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 12:19 PM
    Data like game saves and such is saved under Application Data,
    so just restore Application Data (and Music if you want) to be safe.

Leave settings alone.
    You'll have to set up all your accounts again, and you'll lose text message history (you could save that with the SMS Backup if you wanted).
    (You mentioned Password Keeper. I haven't used it, but I think that's also under Settings rather than Application Data, so good that you have that backed up seperately.)

Usually it's the Settings restore that messes you up on a new OS version, so hopefully you'll be fine with just Application Data.

Regarding Android Apps,
    my past experience is that if you do the following:

- Run Autoloader
    * Install BARs
    - Restart (and it's been suggested wait 5 mins before touching the phone)
    * NOW Restore your Application Data

that you should get your data back for those Android Apps.

However, on my recent installation of 1259, doing it this way lost my Subway Surfers data, so it's not guaranteed.
    (Might have something do with my switching from using a Debug Token converted BAR to an normal BAR, not sure.)

Also, so far I haven't been able to get anything to work regarding restoring Android Data if I install APK's directly.
    12-21-13 12:37 PM
    Alright thanks, i was looking to have the apk installed data restored. That sucks

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 12:41 PM
    Alright thanks, i was looking to have the apk installed data restored. That sucks

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know.
    If I see anything that works for APK restores, I'll post something back here, but so far nothing.

Hopefully once one of these OS's with the APK Installer goes public, BB will release a version of Link that consistently backs up Android Data for APK's!
    12-21-13 12:46 PM
    Yeah, I know.
    If I see anything that works for APK restores, I'll post something back here, but so far nothing.

Hopefully once one of these OS's with the APK Installer goes public, BB will release a version of Link that consistently backs up Android Data for APK's!
    Second that. This is now very much needed given the ability to directly install apk files. Hope BB has this on the to do list.

Z10 goodness
    12-21-13 01:25 PM
    I noticed that when I installed the leaked 1055, and then restored from a stock OS, I was not able to install ask files directly on the phone, does this mean when it restored the data it restored the old run time for android?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:34 PM
    My turn:
    I just performed a restore from a backup and I've lost all of my 3rd party apps.
    I have Application Data selected to be included in my backups, so I don't understand what happened.
    How do I get them back?
    Thank you.

Mj
    11-15-14 08:01 PM
    My turn:
    I just performed a restore from a backup and I've lost all of my 3rd party apps.
    I have Application Data selected to be included in my backups, so I don't understand what happened.
    How do I get them back?
    Thank you.

Mj
    I just download them from where I purchased or downloaded them originally. If the app is an older version that I prefer over the current version, I store the apk or bar file on Box and download or side load it later.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:16 PM
    Hi thanks for your reply.
    That's part of my problem; the app stores are third party apps also and those have vanished as well. And I don't remember the name of the one I used. It's not Amazon or Android Central.
    I still don't understand why they weren't restored. Doesn't BlackBerry Link back up everything?

Posted via Q10 CB10
    11-15-14 11:28 PM