i can't believe it they can so far but still stuck in the past ..
    BB say that they want to start selling devices to the clients directly but they are not doing any direction to the place they want to ...
    they started selling directly BB10 phones but still doesn't have the needed support for manually configuring APN like it should and we are already in 10.2.1 !!!
    How can i move around with my phone in the world and put in my unlocked phone other SIM while BB10 doesn't support manually configuration APN !?!?!
    (MMS and internet APN configuration is too complex for them and need to be done by carrier only.. )

i need to use a 3 generation old Android (2.3) that does the work better than this "new" os .. :-(

there is post all around the net and they are still don't do S**T about it ..
    (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...0/td-p/2194047)
    11-17-13 10:03 AM
    First of all, you are wrong. US carriers got some sort of a deal with BlackBerry to lock those settings. Put a Canadian SIM card or European and you will find them unlocked.

Also, yesterday something interesting happen:
    I hap 10.2.1.1055 downloaded from the original thread (MEGA) for 5 days but because my MMS weren't working I decide to re-flash. I re - flashed with the same autoloader and nothing changed. Then I did a security wipe and while this was going on, I decided to a re-download the autoloader. MEGA was going slow, so I found an alternative link from BITCASA (can be found in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873158 ). Albeit the same version, it was different (archive) file and don't know if the source was the sam though.
    After the security wipe I flashed the autoloader from BITCASA and look:

APN manual setting still doesn't work in BB10.2.1.1055 !!-img_00000004.png
    APN manual setting still doesn't work in BB10.2.1.1055 !!-img_00000003.png
    I have never seen those settings appearing with any leak before on AT&T. And yes, I can edit the APN. MMS also has more options than before (although I can't receive but that is different story).
    So what I suggest, wipe + re flash and if the autoloader that you have doesn't work, download it again from somewhere else.

Edit:
    Here is the MMS APN too

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 221697
    Last edited by djsvetljo; 11-17-13 at 11:11 AM.
    11-17-13 10:35 AM
    You can configure sms and mms apns on the phone yourself as for calling I thought all you needed to do was drop in a compatible sim I just go to text messages >settiings>text messages >advanced and I was able to change them to what I needed or is there something in your post that I missunderstood

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:42 AM
    First of all, you are wrong. US carriers got some sort of a deal with BlackBerry to lock those settings. Put a Canadian SIM card or European and you will find them unlocked.

Also, yesterday something interesting happen:
    I hap 10.2.1.1055 downloaded from the original thread (MEGA) for 5 days but because my MMS weren't working I decide to re-flash. I re - flashed with the same autoloader and nothing changed. Then I did a security wipe and while this was going on, I decided to a re-download the autoloader. MEGA was going slow, so I found an alternative link from BITCASA (can be found in this thread: Leaked OS: 10.2.1.1055 List of Features, Bugs and Fixes - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ). Albeit the same version, it was different (archive) file and don't know if the source was the sam though.
    After the security wipe I flashed the autoloader from BITCASA and look:
    I have never seen those settings appearing with any leak before on AT&T. And yes, I can edit the APN. MMS also has more options than before (although I can't receive but that is different story).
    So what I suggest, wipe + re flash and if the autoloader that you have doesn't work, download it again from somewhere else.

Edit:
    Here is the MMS APN too

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 221697
    I have this menu as well and i have installed this version of 10.2.1.1055 and after installed done a secure wipe. After i have installed the SIM card the Z10 stl100-3 recognized the operator as voice only and the APN is empty. When i wanted to set an APN it does giving me to change/edit the APN and then i press on the save below. but nothing happen..

i have done a reboot/battery-removal/shutdown after saving the APN to see if there is any changes and still nothing. Moreover, i have noticed that after i set the APN and save it, if i re-enter to the APN setting, the APN field is empty again like it never actually saved the APN !!!

so no, the APN manually still doesn't work and a 3 generation old Android 2.3 is doing a better work in this basic cellular setting then this "advanced" OS..
    11-18-13 02:34 AM
    Hey, it is goofed up.
    Do this: put your SIM in, do security wipe, re-flash right a way and the settings should be unlocked and can be saved as long as you don't touch the SIM.

Tested!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:37 AM
    I will test it out... thanks...

But don't you think that they should fix it??? (BlackBerry that is..)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:40 AM
    Sure you can edit the apn. Depends on the sim currently in use.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course I think that isn't right. Like I said though, the carriers are to be blamed, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fix what, it is not broke.
    11-18-13 07:54 AM
    It's the first 10.2.1 OS that's leaked. It has bugs, which is to be expected, and clearly says so in the threads with the download links. While frustrating, the problem can be easily resolved, either starting over as described above, or installing a more refined 10.2.0.
    11-18-13 08:19 AM

Sure you can edit the apn. Depends on the sim currently in use.
    Well Android can do it regardless to the SIM configuration and BB10 can't ?! .. come on.. it's a bug/missing feature ..

It's the first 10.2.1 OS that's leaked. It has bugs, which is to be expected, and clearly says so in the threads with the download links. While frustrating, the problem can be easily resolved, either starting over as described above, or installing a more refined 10.2.0.
    this doesn't work also on 10.2.0 .. i have test it ..
    11-18-13 07:28 PM
    Well Android can do it regardless to the SIM configuration and BB10 can't ?! .. come on.. it's a bug/missing feature ..

this doesn't work also on 10.2.0 .. i have test it ..
    We are not discussing android here. We are discussing BlackBerry. Carriers such as at&t requested that users with at&t Sims would only be able to use the apn provided from the over air activation.

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    11-18-13 07:38 PM
    It took me two days to get this to work, but if you're using ATT and can't get your apn settings to work right, they should look like the following:

APN manual setting still doesn't work in BB10.2.1.1055 !!-img_00000008_edit.png
    APN manual setting still doesn't work in BB10.2.1.1055 !!-img_00000007_edit.png

The fix on the 1055 leak has http:// attached to it, and when I checked the settings before wiping the phone, this is how they appeared, and they worked after I wiped it. So I imagine if you're using Verizon or any other US carrier the settings should look somewhat similar...

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    11-18-13 08:02 PM
    Carriers to blame here....

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:09 PM
    Carriers to blame here....

Posted via CB10
    I agree.. but still this is common that some countries carriers don't do it correctly and still BlackBerry need to be able to help/work in this scenario like iPhone and Android devices..

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:24 PM
    I agree.. but still this is common that some countries carriers don't do it correctly and still BlackBerry need to be able to help/work in this scenario like iPhone and Android devices..

Posted via CB10
    When you say some, I believe it's USA only and I have a feeling that carriers told BlackBerry either lock down your settings or we are not selling your phones. It's a f***ed up situation in US.

Android can do it cause its too open. I remember years ago though, you couldn't change APN on certain carrier brandid Androids. Since its very easy to root, they probably don't bother implementing this anymore.
    Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:53 PM