Folks,

I am thinking about getting a Canadian friend to send me a Rogers, or Telus, or Bell SIM, for use in my Verizon Z10 for updating purposes, but I'm not 100% sure it will work, because the verizon model is a different model number. I HAVE used a TMobile SIM in it and gotten a solid EDGE signal, but I have not tried to find a T-Mobile update since I was already on a much later leak. Is anyone else using the Canadian (or UK) SIM method on their Verizon device for upgrading OTA?
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    07-29-13 09:01 PM
    Hmm...interesting situation, PK. I can see both sides of this (the SIM working, or not working) for the following reasons:

Why it may work:
    -Verizon Z10 still has GSM 2G bands that Rogers uses (hint: Rogers might be the best SIM to get )
    -Radios aside, the 100-2/3/4 are quite similar
    -OS leaks do come out for the 100-2/3/4 together

Why it may not work:
    -CDMA vs. GSM
    -The 100-4 may need a 100-4 OS to pull down (same for all other variants)

Personally, I'm leaning towards it may not work. But I'd love to be proven wrong here, and hope it works out for you!
    07-29-13 09:36 PM
    I tried this with both a fido and Rogers sim with no luck about two weeks ago. The update never showed up so I opted to use 10.2.483 with Android runtime from. 663. Not sure if I will flash the .8xx update yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:53 PM
    Folks,

I am thinking about getting a Canadian friend to send me a Rogers, or Telus, or Bell SIM, for use in my Verizon Z10 for updating purposes, but I'm not 100% sure it will work, because the verizon model is a different model number. I HAVE used a TMobile SIM in it and gotten a solid EDGE signal, but I have not tried to find a T-Mobile update since I was already on a much later leak. Is anyone else using the Canadian (or UK) SIM method on their Verizon device for upgrading OTA?
    And this folks is a shining example of how we ask for help on the forums

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:59 PM
    Folks,

Have you thought of using Sachesi to grab the upgrade files? This should achieve the same end results as using a Canadian SIM except for it not being a delta upgrade.
    07-29-13 11:09 PM
    Have you thought of using Sachesi to grab the upgrade files? This should achieve the same end results as using a Canadian SIM except for it not being a delta upgrade.
    I was kinda hoping to OTA and hopefully not have to reset ALL my email accounts each time I update! BUT worstcase this IS what I will do, or use the leaks as I currently do.
    07-29-13 11:26 PM
    I was kinda hoping to OTA and hopefully not have to reset ALL my email accounts each time I update! BUT worstcase this IS what I will do, or use the leaks as I currently do.
    If you use the upgrade files that Sachesi can grab and apply them through Sachesi it will upgrade the OS like an OTA. You shouldn't have to resetup anything, at least that was my experience but I only used that route once that I can remember.
    Last edited by jwarman; 07-30-13 at 06:21 AM.
    07-30-13 05:48 AM
    I used a Fido SIM on my old STL-4 when 10.1 was being leaked, and it didn't work. Even when I put the SIM in and went to blackberry.com/updates to get the Fido official 10.1, it didn't pick up a Verizon signal. Your best bet is to either 1) not bother or 2) download an OS only autoloader and hope for the best. I chose option 3 and changed to AT&T

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:09 AM