I know there is no radio for the STL100-3 model on Rogers but I also know that a lot of users have installed it on their 2/3/4 Z10's anyways to play with it.

My question is: has anyone on Rogers installed it and tried making calls using the Rogers 1 Number app? I saw in a couple of threads people saying that you could use Skype or Google Voice as a work around for calls and it got me thinking that possibly Rogers 1 Number MIGHT work. Now, I'm not sure how Rogers 1 Number works to begin with, haven't really looked into it too much, but if someone could try it could be worth a shot lol I know that you can make calls from your computer using the Internet so I'm not sure if it works the same on the phone :s

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:33 AM
    I've got my Rogers Z10 kicking around at home (don't wanna mess up my Z30 :3). Will try tonight.
    tfp likes this.
    11-14-13 06:43 AM
    Point 2 in the terms and conditions is what makes me think this MAY be possible as it states that calls made using the 1 Number app will not incur airtime.

Anyone on Rogers installed the 10.2.1.1055 leak?-img_20131022.png

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:44 AM
    Hmm that's interesting. Rogers didn't limit it to just Rogers free calling?
    Also, do you know if it uses the same phone #?
    11-14-13 06:49 AM
    Yes, it uses your cell number to make and receive calls.

I know that when you use it on the computer to make calls within Canada, its free.
    11-14-13 07:22 AM
    I have the leak installed on Z10/Rogers. The Rogers 1 App however does not allow you to make calls on your phone - not sure if that is what you are asking but for sure on your computer.

I set it up just before I updated to the leak. It works pretty good on the PC plus the fact I work at home, this works out well for me.

The app on the phone just has a few options to let you forward the phone, add additional numbers to ring, block numbers and that's about it.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:12 AM
    Does the app allow you to receive calls?

Yeah, I think there might be a missing app on the Z10 as there appears to be a Contact app that syncs your phone contacts with your computer. I'm wondering if this can be side loaded from Android and if this app allows you to initiate calls as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:12 AM
    I know there is no radio for the STL100-3 model on Rogers but I also know that a lot of users have installed it on their 2/3/4 Z10's anyways to play with it.

My question is: has anyone on Rogers installed it and tried making calls using the Rogers 1 Number app? I saw in a couple of threads people saying that you could use Skype or Google Voice as a work around for calls and it got me thinking that possibly Rogers 1 Number MIGHT work. Now, I'm not sure how Rogers 1 Number works to begin with, haven't really looked into it too much, but if someone could try it could be worth a shot lol I know that you can make calls from your computer using the Internet so I'm not sure if it works the same on the phone :s

Posted via CB10
    If you're at your PC and running the Rogers1 application you'll get calls and make calls - it's when you're out and about that you're doomed.

I did it on a Q10 and it works nicely - but my Z10 is sadly silent during any phone activity. Just beeps and chirps from messaging apps.
    11-14-13 12:32 PM
    Just as a follow up, pointless now really that the full 10.2.1.1055 is out, but the side loaded Android Rogers 1 Number app is MUCH better than the native BB10 app with the side loaded Android app you can initiate calls from the app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tfp; 11-15-13 at 01:58 PM.
    11-15-13 12:07 PM