06-28-13 07:40 AM
192 123 ...
tools
    Hello, since Verizon sucks royally, I'm going to have to move forward with the leaked OS approach. Can anyone recommend a stable leaked OS version for a Verizon Z10?

Thanks,

Matt
    06-06-13 08:31 AM
    I personally don't know about Verizon specifically
    10.1.0.2354 (aka 2312) is the best OS for me so far, battery wise and stability wise
    2009 was a horrible OS for me so I wouldn't recommend it
    1916 was out hours before 2009, so I didn't have to to have it settle before seeing how well it worked

Having said all this. I've been monitoring the forums a lot. the radio file with 1916 (aka radio 1917) works best with Verizon because you won't be losing data/dropping phone calls
    OS wise, most people suggest 2354 (aka 2312)
    Hence, many Verizon users have gone for the 2354OS+1917radio hybrid
    If you search around, I'm sure you can find the autoloader for this combination

Best of luck!
    annon91221 and skelleytech like this.
    06-06-13 08:36 AM
    10.1.0.2354 (aka 2312) is the best OS for me so far, battery wise and stability wise
    1916 was out hours before 2009, so I didn't have to to have it settle before seeing how well it worked

Having said all this. I've been monitoring the forums a lot. the radio file with 1916 (aka radio 1917) works best with Verizon because you won't be losing data/dropping phone calls

Best of luck!
    I apologize, I have been unable to find the particular autoloader for that combination. Would someone please be able to post it here? Thanks so much in advance.
    06-06-13 08:47 AM
    I apologize, I have been unable to find the particular autoloader for that combination. Would someone please be able to post it here? Thanks so much in advance.
    I can find it with the 2009 or 1880 radio hybrids that Kris made (he has 100-3 like I do. both of us have Canadian devices)
    You can give it a try and see if it works for you

For 1917 you will have to do it the old fashion way

Here's the full 2354 OS autoloader that you have to load first
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8WR...daWm5udlk/edit

Here's the 1917 radio file autoloader
    https://mega.co.nz/#!kRx3nYiA!dv2W-A...PifftaCyiap9Tc

I would save you the time of doing this and make an autoloader for you, but unfortunately I'm out of the country for the month
    It's a good skill to know how to make hybrids and fix OS

When all said and done, try different radio files. I personally like the full 2354, and some Verizon users have not found issues with the full OS
    Others like the 2009 radio, but I personally don't see why, but each to his/her own. Supposedly this is the OS that Verizon is going to release, so the radio file is tuned for Verizon. The battery life for 2009 OS was awful on my device though, so keep that in mind

Hope this helps

P.S. None of the links are mine, so thank whoever hosting these links for the files.
    Last edited by masterscarhead1; 06-06-13 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Clear up confusion
    06-06-13 09:09 AM
    Thanks, when I attempt to dl the 1917 radio it asks for a decryption key??
    06-06-13 09:17 AM
    Just tried downloading from
    It works fine for me, give it another go. Try it in firefox or chrome
    Turns out it comes in an exe autoloader format (thanks to Kris)
    So you don't need sachap. Just run the exe like you run the autoloader for the 2354 and since it only contains the radio file, it will only replace the radio file
    06-06-13 09:21 AM
    Just tried downloading from
    It works fine for me, give it another go. Try it in firefox or chrome
    Turns out it comes in an exe autoloader format (thanks to Kris)
    So you don't need sachap. Just run the exe like you run the autoloader for the 2354 and since it only contains the radio file, it will only replace the radio file
    And before you do any of this, BACK UP YOUR DEVICE
    THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE CLEAN
    Don't want you guys to lose all your data
    06-06-13 09:23 AM
    Make sure you are using Chrome to download.
    06-06-13 09:23 AM
    I can find it with the 2009 or 1880 radio hybrids that Kris made (he has 100-3 like I do. both of us have Canadian devices)
    You can give it a try and see if it works for you

For 1917 you will have to do it the old fashion way

Here's the full 2354 OS that you have to load first

Here's the 1917 radio file

Load the 1917 radio with sachibar on top of the 2354 OS (it's in the forums with full instructions)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!PlQVhbpD!RKBkXU...wpDzFqVY6q9zmw
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rabber-737025/

I would save you the time of doing this and make an autoloader for you, but unfortunately I'm out of the country for the month
    It's a good skill to know how to make hybrids and fix OS (I personally don't use sachibar, i prefer compiling my own custom autoloaders, but the same goal is accomplished and sachibar is easier for new users)

When all said and done, try different radio files. I personally like the full 2354, and some Verizon users have not found issues with the full OS
    Others like the 2009 radio, but I personally don't see why, but each to his/her own. Supposedly this is the OS that Verizon is going to release, so the radio file is tuned for Verizon. The battery life for 2009 OS was awful on my device though, so keep that in mind

Hope this helps

P.S. None of the links are mine, so thank whoever hosting these links for the files. I know xsacha did the sachap/sachibar programs.
    Thanks so much! The above email is what makes these forums so great. Question though, just so I'm clear. I would (1) run the autoloader file for the full 2354 and then (2) Use Sachibar to install the .1917 radio file? I assume Sachibar has a way to capture the radio file to replace that only?

Thanks again so much for your time.
    06-06-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks so much! The above email is what makes these forums so great. Question though, just so I'm clear. I would (1) run the autoloader file for the full 2354 and then (2) Use Sachibar to install the .1917 radio file? I assume Sachibar has a way to capture the radio file to replace that only?

I just found out the Kris uploaded the radio files in exe autoloader form
    So here's what you do
    1. Run 2354 full autoloader
    2. Run 1917 radio autoloader
    3. Enjoy
    Both autoloaders are directly in the links I posted in the post above. No need to use Sachibar, sorry for the confusion.
    06-06-13 09:30 AM

I think in theory, we just run the EXE and that's it, no Sachibar or separate radio file. Just the EXE which is the full 2354 version?
    06-06-13 09:30 AM

Just for future reference, Sachibar loads whatever bars you give it. It requires some knowledge of turning on Dev mode, which is essential for sideloading, but that's another separate topic we can discuss another day
    So if you feed Sachibar the full update OS, it will load the full update OS. If you feed it only the radio file (which was what I was suggesting previously) it will only load the radio file. Same can be said about feeding it android bar files
    06-06-13 09:32 AM
    I think in theory, we just run the EXE and that's it, no Sachibar or separate radio file. Just the EXE which is the full 2354 version?
    You need to run 2 exe
    1. the 2354 full OS exe
    2. the 1917 radio exe

I'll be monitoring this thread for a few hours, so feel free to post any difficulties
    06-06-13 09:32 AM
    I am on the full os 1916 and this one is so smooth for me.
    No more reboots, fine battery life, really responsive and no lag.
    06-06-13 09:34 AM
    I am on the full os 1916 and this one is so smooth for me.
    No more reboots, fine battery life, really responsive and no lag.
    Are you on Verizon STL100-4?
    If so, does it cut out on data/drop calls?
    This feedback would help OP! Cheers
    06-06-13 09:36 AM
    Hello, since Verizon sucks royally, I'm going to have to move forward with the leaked OS approach. Can anyone recommend a stable leaked OS version for a Verizon Z10?

Thanks,

Matt
    .2009 works very well and is rumored to be the OS Verizon is carrier testing.

.2354 was labeled an internal failure with BlackBerry.

Been using 2009 and working well. It also contains a reboot fix.

Make sure to do a security wipe of the new OS when you complete the setup and before adding accounts and apps etc..

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 09:38 AM
    2354 has been rock solid for me on a Verizon Z10.

Thanks,

Matt
    Mic_JP and jee23 like this.
    06-06-13 09:39 AM
    .2009 works very well and is rumored to be the OS Verizon is carrier testing.

.2354 was labeled an internal failure with BlackBerry.

Been using 2009 and working well. It also contains a reboot fix.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Fairly certain the internal failure was 2342, that's why they came out with 2354
    Mic_JP likes this.
    06-06-13 09:40 AM
    Battery is horrible for me on 2354 going to probably switch back to 1880

Posted via CB10

Best of luck!
    My first leak was to the 2009 OS, which worked super great for me (I'm on Verizon), except I started having the bedside mode reboots which I never had originally. So I switch ed to OS 2354. Calls were dropping left and right. Flashed the radio to 1917 and have still had calls dropping. I turned airplane mode on, rebooted and turned off air plane mode and that has stopped most (not all) of the dropped calls. I may go back to 2009, and live with the night time reboots until Verizon pushes out an official update.

Posted via CB10
    Fairly certain the internal failure was 2342, that's why they came out with 2354
    Might be. Too many Versions to keep track off.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 09:41 AM
    My first leak was to the 2009 OS, which worked super great for me (I'm on Verizon), except I started having the bedside mode reboots which I never had originally. So I switch ed to OS 2354. Calls were dropping left and right. Flashed the radio to 1917 and have still had calls dropping. I turned airplane mode on, rebooted and turned off air plane mode and that has stopped most (not all) of the dropped calls. I may go back to 2009, and live with the night time reboots until Verizon pushes out an official update.

Posted via CB10
    It is rumored that 2009 IS the official Verizon OS, it even includes some Verizon bloatware
    The dropped calls are probably due to radio not being fine tuned to Verizon signal? At least that's the hypothesis floating around
    06-06-13 09:43 AM
    I'm a STL100-4 Verizon running 10.1.0.2354. I did not change the radio file. Everything is working great. No dropped calls, no random reboots. I'd give it a try.
    Might be. Too many Versions to keep track off.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Amen to that. 2342 had horrible battery too! I had nightmares with that leak!

Posted via CB10
    The fact you have night time reboots makes me think there is more then one cause.
    If after installing 2009 you still have daily reboots I would exchange it.

No reboots here since 2009. But my first one rebooted just like yours.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 09:44 AM
192 123 ...