Are there any hacks or cracks to get blend working on a non-passport device running 10.3 or 10.3.1? I would think there would be file that could be altered to get it to not-verify the device model. Just curious if this has been attempted?
    10-20-14 12:36 AM
    Are there any hacks or cracks to get blend working on a non-passport device running 10.3 or 10.3.1? I would think there would be file that could be altered to get it to not-verify the device model. Just curious if this has been attempted?
    No, the app has white listed pins and hardware id's. Can not be done, unless you have a BlackBerry signing key.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! The Peevishlicious crew 'Enforcer'
    10-20-14 12:38 AM
    Hmm, yeah not really crackable without an official signing key.

Is there any timeline for including other devices? I guess the same time 10.3.1 is released... but what is the timeline on 10.3.1?
    10-20-14 12:46 AM
    10.3.1.X will be out with the release of the Classic, which is slated for November. Nothing much more specific is available at the moment.
    10-20-14 01:07 AM
    10.3.1.X will be out with the release of the Classic, which is slated for November. Nothing much more specific is available at the moment.
    Yes, but for the Classic...the rest of us will wait...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    10-20-14 01:48 AM
    Any hackers have blend working on non-passport device?-blend.jpg

But won't work if you don't have an internal device..

Posted from my Canadian Passport
    CDM76 and smart548 like this.
    10-20-14 02:10 AM
    Hack a BlackBerry?! Are you kidding? You must be joking...

10-20-14 09:13 PM
    I have a device bought from BlackBerry and unlocked and blend does not work on it

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:17 PM
    This will not work until blackberry allows it on all devices and we have to wait until 10.3.1 official build.

This needs to be made a sticky. So people will stop asking this question over and over and over.
    Centerman66 likes this.
    10-20-14 09:28 PM
    It is not going to happen until Blend will be released officially with 10.3.1 for non Passport devices.. as others wrote here without the authorization of BlackBerry the service cannot be used.

Think to Blend as a pipe that carries water (the information): with 10.3.1 you connect the sink (PC/MAC/Android tablet/iPad) to the aqueduct (your phone) but there is still a tap (BlackBerry) between the two things.. you do not have access to it and until they decide to open it you will not get any water..

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:43 PM
    Some of us have certainly looked at it. There's layers of security that you can't easy circumvent to get this working. It's not something on the desktop side, it's on the phone itself. It's simple enough to see what needs to be done, but can't modify the files in any way because of that security. Every time an app is launched it's checked to make sure it hasn't been modified, so no simple changing the scripts to bypass the check.

Unless a realistic flaw is found in the SHA-512 algorithms creating the potential to generate collisions within a reasonable length of time it's probably best to just wait for BlackBerry to launch it officially for all devices.
    citystars41 likes this.
    10-20-14 10:15 PM
    Some of us have certainly looked at it. There's layers of security that you can't easy circumvent to get this working. It's not something on the desktop side, it's on the phone itself. It's simple enough to see what needs to be done, but can't modify the files in any way because of that security. Every time an app is launched it's checked to make sure it hasn't been modified, so no simple changing the scripts to bypass the check.

Unless a realistic flaw is found in the SHA-512 algorithms creating the potential to generate collisions within a reasonable length of time it's probably best to just wait for BlackBerry to launch it officially for all devices.
    My understanding is that the phone checks a BlackBerry server to see if the device pin is whitelisted if it's not a passport correct? I'm guessing from your comment that the data is encrypted too, which would prevent a man-in-the-middle situation from allowing you to return a false approval to the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:41 PM
    My understanding is that the phone checks a BlackBerry server to see if the device pin is whitelisted if it's not a passport correct? I'm guessing from your comment that the data is encrypted too, which would prevent a man-in-the-middle situation from allowing you to return a false approval to the device.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to be a common misconception despite xsacha even posting the pin list, but the whitelist is not on a server, it's actually in the app bar itself. There's nothing to intercept even it it were possible.
    10-20-14 10:49 PM
    What if my PIN isn't whitelisted and it's working?
    10-20-14 11:05 PM
    Seems to be a common misconception despite xsacha even posting the pin list, but the whitelist is not on a server, it's actually in the app bar itself. There's nothing to intercept even it it were possible.
    Interesting, so if BlackBerry wants to add a new tester they have to update and recompile the app.
    10-20-14 11:05 PM
    What if my PIN isn't whitelisted and it's working?
    That could be several reasons.
    1. The device you're on. Passport or P9983
    2. The device still - if you have a device that once was an internal RIM device only it may work
    3. You have the latest Blend from the BetaZone where there's no restrictions anymore.
    10-20-14 11:10 PM
    It can't be done. The best have tried... And failed flamboyantly.

Posted via CB10 from my Iron Man Edition Z10 // Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.1.800
    10-20-14 11:18 PM
    Anyway... even if it's possible... by the time someone figures out, 10.3.1 would be out officially

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:35 PM
    That's cool, and what is a Peev.....jk don't caee

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:50 PM
    Is it actually available in beta zone?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:22 AM
    Hack a BlackBerry?! Are you kidding? You must be joking...

I wasn't sure the whitelist was on the device. I was assuming the white list was in a .bar, on a server, on the pc.

A network/dns hack is possible if it is getting a white list from a server.

Do we know (with confirmation) if they have plans to allow blend on the earlier BB10 devices?
    10-21-14 11:14 AM
    Interesting, so if BlackBerry wants to add a new tester they have to update and recompile the app.
    This does seem to be the least flexible way of implementing, and a little old school. But more secure that having white list on a server, or on the PC.
    10-21-14 11:16 AM