Got an insurance replacement Z30. As soon as it was set up it began downloading the .858 update from Verizon.

My Android RUntime won't start. The "green progress bar" gets about 3/4 done then freezes and closes. I've tried starting most of the android apps with no luck. Numerous hard restarts won't avail.

Any suggestions?
    08-11-15 12:13 PM
    Do a search for Cobalt232's threads. If I'm remembering correctly, in one he posted a app to get runtime started. I don't remember which one. Apprently it can be turned off accidently somehow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    mundo472 likes this.
    08-11-15 12:33 PM
    Before you do anything crazy, backup your phone using Sachesi and ultimate backup. The rest is easy to fix such a updating manually to a newer OS with a newer android runtime or just reloading your existing android runtime (don't forget both files) and see if that helps.
    mundo472 likes this.
    08-11-15 01:05 PM
    Do a search for Cobalt232's threads. If I'm remembering correctly, in one he posted a app to get runtime started. I don't remember which one. Apparently it can be turned off accidently somehow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Ugh..I'm quoting myself. Anyway I did remember incorrectly. The helper app was if data was turned off in runtime, not to turn on runtime. I am getting old. Do what amirnabilkamelsaad suggested.
    08-11-15 04:41 PM
    Try just waiting longer.... restart the phone.... then let it sit there for 10 min....... then try whatever program you were starting
    08-11-15 05:21 PM